EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

What happened was the NFL put the Eagles on National TV and made this center stage.   

The issue was it was too obvious.  Nate Sudfeld is not an NFL player.

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

what did he do risking his life?  Not being a smarta$$ just don't recall anything that was a risk to him being alive.

Everybody's favorite "franchise QB" almost got him killed with a terrible high throw last year.  Ertz suffered broken ribs and it could have been a lot worse.

1 minute ago, RLC said:

This McLane take makes me feel even better about the decision.

It really does speak volumes about the Doug vanilla culture though. 

It's ok for the Steelers and Chiefs to bench their guys, but not us.

Ok, so it's only ok when a team clinches a playoff spot? You can't set arbitrary rules. Just like the Chiefs and Steelers got no benefit (standings-wise) to playing their starters, we didn't for ours.

But of course it's Philadelphia so everyone fakes their outrage.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Lol So the Jets and Jags tanking the entire season...

The Eagles are trending and the entire football world is ripping them apart. This team is a national embarrassment. They threw this game and everyone knows. 

Ive been following this team since 1990 which is 30 years there our others on here and around the world who followed longer and this is the most embarrassing thing I’ve every been through.😣

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

what did he do risking his life?  Not being a smarta$$ just don't recall anything that was a risk to him being alive.

lacerated kidney.

2 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Compete with who?

Wentz or whoever else they bring in.  

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

They need to relax.  Hurts wasn't playing well.  He had a 25 QB rating.  Are they seriously questioning taking him out? 

I am one of the most critical and negative posters on the boards...but 99% of the time, I keep things performance or draft related.

I seldom question effort...just so hard to read from the stands and from the TV.  When I do question effort, it's almost always Jason Peters.

Ertz is a finesse player, which is somewhat incongruent with the TE position, but he sure made it work.  He never blocked well and never fought for YAC.  I'm not sure he quit on the team this year or gave poor effort quite to the extent than many are suggesting.  

Just now, Ace Nova said:

They need to relax.  Hurts wasn't playing well.  He had a 25 QB rating.  Are they seriously questioning taking him out? 

Yes... because of his legs.  His arm was doing nothing, but running he had 2 TDs.

Just now, Freshmilk said:

Wentz or whoever else they bring in.  

Wentz probably won’t be here. He is going to compete with some UDFA? Maybe we draft a QB with a late round pick or FA, idk. 

Just now, eagle45 said:

Ertz is a finesse player, which is somewhat incongruent with the TE position, but he sure made it work.  He never blocked well and never fought for YAC.  I'm not sure he quit on the team this year or gave poor effort quite to the extent than many are suggesting.  

Ertz did not go all-out this year. He made a ton of business decisions. 

So much butthurt on twitter right now. It's laughable that a bunch of players from and fans of a 6-10 team are whining so much about missing the playoffs as a result of this.

Fair or not, the Eagles created a nice little situation with this tank tonight. It will be talked about all day tomorrow, and the team will hear about it too.

1 minute ago, RLC said:

Good news. 

Only if its new coaches and talent evaluators... if its these bums...  forget it.

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Meh.  If it provides any public pressure on Lurie to fire both Howie and Doug for embarrassing the organization, it was all worth it.

Otherwise, feeling outrage because a 6-10 team didn’t have a 4-10-1 team going all-out to help them get to the playoffs?  There are more important things to be outraged about 

2 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

He was making plays with his legs, Nate couldn't do anything right. 

Archived