EMB Blog: 2020 Regular Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's ironic how the media ripped the Jets for winning a game instead of tanking. Now they're doing the opposite. Which one is it?

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

That’s actually pretty sad. All jokes aside, he risked his life playing last year, was a huge component of winning a SB, and wanted to play here for life. He will always be an Eagle regardless of where he ends up next year.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Let me throw my hat in the ring now for the anti Parsons and anti Devonta Smith crowd.

Top 6 is no place for a 6' 170lb receiver with average speed.  Top 6 is also no place for a 4-3 LB on a team that will be undergoing a defensive scheme change.

If we had a real GM, trade down and accumulate picks.  Under the circumstances, I don't know.  F it.  Yeah, just draft the best player from the local team to save your job.  Whatever

I'll co-sign.

"With the 6th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft the Philadelphia eagles pick. Offensive Tackle out of ........"

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

Jalen Hurts without his #1 RB, #1 TE, #1 WR, all OTs....
He started slow, but played much better as the game went along. 

Give Hurts all of 2021. If he sucks, fire Howie/Doug/Hurts and start fresh in 2022. 

Hmmmm.... where have I seen that before?   

They need to fire Howie, Doug and everyone around them.  

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Let me throw my hat in the ring now for the anti Parsons and anti Devonta Smith crowd.

Top 6 is no place for a 6' 170lb receiver with average speed.  Top 6 is also no place for a 4-3 LB on a team that will be undergoing a defensive scheme change.

If we had a real GM, trade down and accumulate picks.  Under the circumstances, I don't know.  F it.  Yeah, just draft the best player from the local team to save your job.  Whatever

Devonta Smith is the scariest player to pick in the top 10. Devin Bush/Devin White went top 10 2 years ago. ILBs can go high. Parsons fits any system.

But for me right now, give me Ja'Marr Chase in RD1 and call it a day.

2 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

So sad. This team is in shambles

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

Whoa.  We're actually in agreement here.  Did we just enter the twilight zone? :P

1 minute ago, Desertbirds said:

We should not lose sight of the fact that Hurts was not good.

Wentz would have been great with that lineup

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

That’s actually pretty sad. All jokes aside, he risked his life playing last year, was a huge component of winning a SB, and wanted to play here for life. He will always be an Eagle regardless of where he ends up next year.

what did he do risking his life?  Not being a smarta$$ just don't recall anything that was a risk to him being alive.

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Give Hurts all of 2021. If he sucks, fire Howie/Doug/Hurts and start fresh in 2022. 

I agree there was nobody out there on offense.  WRs had some drops too.

They might have pulled him because there is nothing out there to work with.  Waving the white flag....

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Exactly. However I think Zach Ertz is the type of guy that’s going a hold it against the Eagles organization for a long time. He seems like the type of guy who doesn’t take the business side of this very well

4 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

It's his own fault. He wanted Kelce money but doesn't have Kelce talent. He was a safety blanket but then showed no effort this season. He doesn't deserve the money he wants

I don’t mind giving Hurts an off-season to start. Unless there’s a QB we really want then I guess we’re riding with him. 

4 minutes ago, RLC said:

He hasnt earned it.  Compete for the job, OK.  Handed the job?  That is what a losing organization would do.

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

It's a more than fair thought process on Smith, but when you look back on the 2021 draft class five or so years down the line, Smith will stand out.

Smith might go to the HOF.  We all know there is a long line of athletically unspectacular WRs who don't pass the eye test that did big things.  Look at Jefferson.

But despite those who might say "I told you so" because they liked these guys in college...it's hard to know that these guys without any exceptional traits are going to dominate in the NFL.  That's why the WRs that go top 5 are supposed to be Megatron, Andre Johnson, Julio Jones, etc.  You just KNOW they have the skill set to dominate.  Devonta Smith doesn't belong in that conversation.  To be completely honest, neither does Chase.

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Potentially all three of those matchups the underdog could win and i wouldn’t be surprised. Like if the colts, ravens and browns win would you really be shocked? 

Mildly. Bills look like a legit #2 team in the AFC.

1 minute ago, Freshmilk said:

He hasnt earned it.  Compete for the job, OK.  Handed the job?  That is what a losing organization would do.

Compete with who?

Archived