Walking Dead Thread

heyeaglefn

So they basically undid all the good they did with negan.  Even JDM was like "Angela, wtf?!” When he read the script.  😂  

1 minute ago, DBW said:

So they basically undid all the good they did with negan.  Even JDM was like "Angela, wtf?!” When he read the script.  😂  

I can't really blame Neegan. He's been the majority voice of reason since his capture. People who were accepting of him literally all turned because Maggie came back... after SIX YEARS of being out of the picture. The amount of time Maggie vanished is like 3x the number of years she was originally around. I had tons of people I saw 2-5x a week when I lived in Boston and was regularly on group chats and everything else with with my 2 years living there. In the 6 years now since I moved, I talk with these people like 1-2 days of the year and its typically a generic "happy birthday" or something social-media driven.

Kid almost gets killed by Bane zombie, everyone just watched. Neegan is the only one to save him. Like the people all hate Neegan so much they don't even care about helping or assisting anyone else in the group :roll: 

5 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I can't really blame Neegan. He's been the majority voice of reason since his capture. People who were accepting of him literally all turned because Maggie came back... after SIX YEARS of being out of the picture. The amount of time Maggie vanished is like 3x the number of years she was originally around. I had tons of people I saw 2-5x a week when I lived in Boston and was regularly on group chats and everything else with with my 2 years living there. In the 6 years now since I moved, I talk with these people like 1-2 days of the year and its typically a generic "happy birthday" or something social-media driven.

Kid almost gets killed by Bane zombie, everyone just watched. Neegan is the only one to save him. Like the people all hate Neegan so much they don't even care about helping or assisting anyone else in the group :roll: 

Yep! They were willing to let him die there.  Maggie said the people voted to put her in charge. I guess we missed that.  I hope they kill her off.  She’s the worst!  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DBW said:

Yep! They were willing to let him die there.  Maggie said the people voted to put her in charge. I guess we missed that.  I hope they kill her off.  She’s the worst!  

there is a setup for Neegan abandoning her to all the walkers at the back of the train, but she has "returned" for like 3 total episode's so unfortunately we're going to be stuck with her for some time. 

I think Daryl found some "crawl beneath the train" path so my money is on him helping her go that way. Also, didn't Neegan beat the piss out of Gabriel way back when? If not Neegan, I feel like Father G was in a camper/trailer many seasons ago and got roughed up pretty good. The preview for "next on" looked like Gabriel is somehow strong-arming Neegan now :roll:

On 8/17/2021 at 3:55 PM, mikemack8 said:

The early seasons of this show were so so good - now it's just silly most of the time

it turned into the woke-ing dead a few seasons ago. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

it turned into the woke-ing dead a few seasons ago. 

I giggled at the America doesn't accept racism sign. That wasn't product placement at all

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mat said:

I giggled at the America doesn't accept racism sign. That wasn't product placement at all

yeah...they bludgeon the audience over the head with their woke-ness. 

it's a f'n zombie apocalypse where only the strongest would survive. look at the "leaders" & main characters on the show. :lol:   

I'm not sure how the site I go to got it, but I was able to watch the second episode (Part 2).

2 hours ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

I'm not sure how the site I go to got it, but I was able to watch the second episode (Part 2).

i watched ep one through my DirecTV DVR recording maybe 30 mins after it started. At the end, when i deleted the episode to ensure I never accidentally watch it again, it popped up on the screen "watch Episode 2?" which is usually what all DVR recordings (or On Demand) with DTV does when you have additional episodes saved. I was NOT expecting that, so I muscle reflexed the "no" option, only to then realize what happened and that I could get Ep 2 out of the way (I will be out of town Saturday through Labor Day) and when I tried checking the AMC On Demand and others, Episode 2 was nowhere to be found. It likely was a DVR loophole to avoid the AMC+ App. 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

i watched ep one through my DirecTV DVR recording maybe 30 mins after it started. At the end, when i deleted the episode to ensure I never accidentally watch it again, it popped up on the screen "watch Episode 2?" which is usually what all DVR recordings (or On Demand) with DTV does when you have additional episodes saved. I was NOT expecting that, so I muscle reflexed the "no" option, only to then realize what happened and that I could get Ep 2 out of the way (I will be out of town Saturday through Labor Day) and when I tried checking the AMC On Demand and others, Episode 2 was nowhere to be found. It likely was a DVR loophole to avoid the AMC+ App. 

This has happened with TWD before.

On 8/26/2021 at 4:54 AM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I think the point of the show where I quit was closely after they introduced alpha or delta or whatever her bald asses name is.  I was a huge fan of the show.  But it just got sooo bad.  Ezekial and the CGI Tiger was the "jump the shark” moment.  Out of obligation I feel I should pick it back up and see it through?  Is it worth it?

It went from being semi-plausible (as plausible as a zombie apocalypse could be) to being very comic book/cartoonish... 

I get that it's based off of a comic book, but I'd wager that 95% of the audience has never touched a single issue of the comicbook. 

There was no reason to keep all of the cartoony stuff in the show 

• Thanks 1

Ooof that whole maggie telling campfire ghost stories scene was awful.  Bad actress, bad monologue never mixes well.  And she just cold blood let that other guy die. If that was Glenn she would have tried to save him. But someone she just let, nah, he’s not important to our mission.  I can only hope they kill her off soon!  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DBW said:

Ooof that whole maggie telling campfire ghost stories scene was awful.  Bad actress, bad monologue never mixes well.  And she just cold blood let that other guy die. If that was Glenn she would have tried to save him. But someone she just let, nah, he’s not important to our mission.  I can only hope they kill her off soon!  

that was an awful scene. :lol:  coming in a close 2nd was the scene with that bro-ad using her super lawyer powers. yikes. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

that was an awful scene. :lol:  coming in a close 2nd was the scene with that bro-ad using her super lawyer powers. yikes. 

Oh yeah, miss "do you want my credentials” 😂. Like your doctorate in corporate law is going to help you avoid certain death by storm trooper boot camp.

I punched out from watching every week the episoe Rick "died"

I would DVR and randomly watch episodes after that with the whole Whisperers thing, because I felt invested in seeing this thing through.

I haven't watched a single episode since the conclusion of the Whisperers arc..... Is it even worth finishing?   

Is there even anyone besides Negan who is interesting as a character anymore? 

17 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I would DVR and randomly watch episodes after that with the whole Whisperers thing, because I felt invested in seeing this thing through.

I haven't watched a single episode since the conclusion of the Whisperers arc..... Is it even worth finishing?   

No - it's really tough to get through an entire episode, honestly.  Maggie sucks - the sooner she dies the better.  Also - the Commonwealth storyline to this point has been beyond awful

18 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Much of season 10 second half after the whisperers was origin stories and side missions.  I would recommend watching the negan origin for sure but the others can be skipped.  

• Like 1

I don't really get what they're doing with the Negan / Maggie storyline.

I can't say the Commonwealth storyline is that interesting either.  

I'm watching now and I have also seen 300.... the Spartans held on vs insurmountable odds because they funneled the enemy through a bottleneck. That's what these train car doors are... yet people who have survived a decade in this world fighting and overcoming any and everything struggle with walker management... and they kill like 40 of these things within the first minute or so which would create all sorts of barriers and obstacles on the ground to make the remaining walkers advance so much more slowly and awkwardly... 

I understand its a "zombie show" based off a "comic book", but the early seasons were like the batman begins level of grounded realism with how they handled this and a legit human drama and the show over about 6 years now has become such a cartoonish version of itself. I'm still going to watch but with eternal disappointment. 

Ep 1 was surprisingly good. Ep 2 was unsurprisingly trash 

The ep was pretty good apart from the random filler chasing horses. 

Does anybody know if I can stream this season anywhere? Or will I have to wait for it to be over then show up on Netflix next year? Just wondering. Thanks

12 minutes ago, mr_irie1 said:

Does anybody know if I can stream this season anywhere? Or will I have to wait for it to be over then show up on Netflix next year? Just wondering. Thanks

AMC app, but I think it runs a week behind.  You can opt to pay for AMC+ and see it same day.

• Like 1

Was able to see next week's episode.

It sucks.

Why bother with more bad guys? After the Governor, Negan and the Whisperers, I doubt a wannabe Mad Dog will do anything shocking.

de6ca82e-2e4c-4cec-aebe-d825ae03ed23.jpg

Maggie from the Comics would be disgusted with Maggie from the TV series.  Dull, whiny, and taking Negan down with her mediocrity.  I don't think I was the only one to hope that Negan offed in the first episode.

• Like 1