Walking Dead Thread

heyeaglefn

18 hours ago, Mat said:

The ep was pretty good apart from the random filler chasing horses. 

I miss the days we knew the character's names. In the horse scene we had Carol and Rosita... names people will never forget. But as much as I am familiar with the tattoo chick because we've seen her a thousand times, don't know her name. Same with the partially deaf chick; she's cool and has been around forever and was sisters with the light skinned chick that had a decent relationship with Daryl (I believe Connie was the sister's name?), but I can't remember the deaf chick with the horse crew's name.

Then Maggie, Neegan, and Gabriel are the only other people whos names we know in the episode (not counting Judith which is a lay-up). 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

Maggie from the Comics would be disgusted with Maggie from the TV series.  Dull, whiny, and taking Negan down with her mediocrity.  I don't think I was the only one to hope that Negan offed in the first episode.

i didn't read the comics but there's no way the maggie in this week's episode would still be alive this many years into a zombie apocalypse. jeezus...she can't even run w/o looking awkward. :lol:  

• Haha 1

This week wasn’t terrible.  They’re really trying to build up the maggie v negan story, but it feels forced at this point.  We get it, she hates him. He’s over it.  I wish they would just kill her off already though.  

Carol too - she needs to GO.  Her storylines are terrible - moping around constantly about the stupid decisions she's made in the past.  

51 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Carol too - she needs to GO.  Her storylines are terrible - moping around constantly about the stupid decisions she's made in the past.  

to go from Rambo freeing the people from the train tracks cannibals to murking that annoying girl who killed her little sister. I miss that Carol 

• Like 1

Just now, Agent23 said:

to go from Rambo freeing the people from the train tracks cannibals to murking that annoying girl who killed her little sister. I miss that Carol 

oh, and the whole prison sublot I think pre-governor, where homie's sick gf got killed and burnt to a crisp (I forget if it was the black football player's woman -- tyreese? -- and maybe her name was karen? ) --- but the reveal it was Carol who was killing and burning the sick people was I believe her first reveal of being a sociopath and not a battered wife

• Like 2

I can't work out if the new "baddie" is a low IQ relation of Bushwhacker Butch or John Locke from Lost.  Either way, he is as charmless as a box of lucky charms without any lucky charms in them.  If this is what they are giving us this season, please stop now and let the program die with some dignity left.

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

I can't work out if the new "baddie" is a low IQ relation of Bushwhacker Butch or John Locke from Lost.  Either way, he is as charmless as a box of lucky charms without any lucky charms in them.  If this is what they are giving us this season, please stop now and let the program die with some dignity left.

Appearance wise, He reminded me of a cross between  joe Pesci in home alone and seargent slaughter from GI Joe.  

as far as a villain, he’s pretty laughable. 

• Haha 1

He's underwhelming and there is no menace.  Maggie's RBF is more threatening

The whole thing is a mess and there are 20 eps to go, plus an offshoot series or two.

On 9/13/2021 at 3:16 PM, UK Eagle said:

On 9/13/2021 at 4:43 PM, DBW said:

Appearance wise, He reminded me of a cross between  joe Pesci in home alone and seargent slaughter from GI Joe.  

as far as a villain, he’s pretty laughable. 

9 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

He's underwhelming and there is no menace.  Maggie's RBF is more threatening

The whole thing is a mess and there are 20 eps to go, plus an offshoot series or two.

So, don't fear the Reapers?

• Haha 2

On 9/14/2021 at 5:16 AM, UK Eagle said:

When he popped up on screen for the first time I audibly said 'that's John Locke' :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mat said:

When he popped up on screen for the first time I audibly said 'that's John Locke' :lol:

Me too.  I did a Terry O'Quinn double take and realised he was a Dollar Store tip off .

8 hours ago, Mat said:

2 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Me too.  I did a Terry O'Quinn double take and realised he was a Dollar Store tip off .

thirded!

i was genuinely excited to see him on the show...until the next scene when i realized it wasn't him. <_<

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So was this blonde chick a part of Daryls life before the apocalypse or was she in the series prior and I just don't remember? Oh, whatever happened to Dog? 😶

2 hours ago, vsptroops said:

So was this blonde chick a part of Daryls life before the apocalypse or was she in the series prior and I just don't remember? Oh, whatever happened to Dog? 😶

It's his girlfriend from the back story where he found Dog. Dog's original owner

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mat said:

It's his girlfriend from the back story where he found Dog. Dog's original owner

Yep, now I remember. Thanks.

15 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Yep, now I remember. Thanks.

c'mon, man.  that was such a memorable episode!

:angel

• Haha 3

I don't remember her name and she looks different (don't think she was blonde).

The only reason I put two and two together is because Dog didn't leave her and Darryl's face was all 

1710255331_whoagif.gif.32961434d670b4f3a

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mat said:

I don't remember her name and she looks different (don't think she was blonde).

The only reason I put two and two together is because Dog didn't leave her and Darryl's face was all 

1710255331_whoagif.gif.32961434d670b4f3a

same. took me a few min to realize that she was the bro-ad from the "hey look, everybody! darryl is straight" episode. 

9 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

same. took me a few min to realize that she was the bro-ad from the "hey look, everybody! darryl is straight" episode. 

One thing the show has been really good at the last few seasons is introducing characters that we forget about right away.  :lol: 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

i remember the concept her her living in a cabin, him in a tent, and him repeatedly returning her dog to her... don't recall if they smashed or not

13 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

i remember the concept her her living in a cabin, him in a tent, and him repeatedly returning her dog to her... don't recall if they smashed or not

I think it was heavily implied that they smashed 

8 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I think it was heavily implied that they smashed 

I miss the days where damn near every scene and character were important and had impact on something meaningful.

That's the result of adding 12 episodes worth of content and stretching it to 16 and now 24! episodes.  Season 1 had 6 episodes - season 2 jumped to 13.  Then it was 16 for a while, now we're at 24.

18 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

That's the result of adding 12 episodes worth of content and stretching it to 16 and now 24! episodes.  Season 1 had 6 episodes - season 2 jumped to 13.  Then it was 16 for a while, now we're at 24.

I saw an article that was talking about how this is the fourth time they’ve done this plot line with Daryl.

https://screenrant.com/walking-dead-season-11-daryl-reapers-twist-repeat/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 3