Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

14 minutes ago, Infam said:

Why? Playing 75% of the snaps doesn't seem that far fetched?

He has to stay healthy and play well.

The healthy part is obvious but if he's playing at a less than stellar level  the Colts have a major incentive to bench him and protect that 1st.  I'm not convinced he can do either. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

And my uncle could become my aunt. 

Today, that's a distinct possibility, and it's getting to the point that you would be jailed for not recognizing him ... er ... her as such.

Just now, Uscg-green said:

F Hurts. We need to draft a QB

Thank god you aren't in charge. That's just a bad move considering you'd be drafting a guy that needs weapons/protection to have success. 

7 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

We don't have an actual QB. We have a RB who throws when he has to.

He'll throw better than Wentz threw.

20 minutes ago, RastaPasta said:

Some day I'm going to travel a long way just to spit on Howie Roseman's grave.

:roll:

:roll:

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

He has to stay healthy and play well.

The healthy part is obvious but if he's playing at a less than stellar level  the Colts have a major incentive to bench him and protect that 1st.  I'm not convinced he can do either. 

As a total homer, I will root for him to play barely well enough to not get benched.

Just now, MF POON said:

Thank god you aren't in charge. That's just a bad move considering you'd be drafting a guy that needs weapons/protection to have success. 

Yeah thank God I'm not in charge. And thank God we don't have an inept GM who can't draft and just got fleeced by another team. Oh wait.....   

10 minutes ago, MF POON said:

I'd rather roll with Hurts and build around him, or a future replacement's success. He showed enough to warrant a chance and for us to spend those higher draft picks elsewhere. 

This.  Time to see what we have in Hurts.  I like his leadership which Carson didn't have.  If he doesn't work out, we can move on with ease because he's only making second round money.  It's not the end of the world.  People acting like Wentz was Brady when he's not

Its a win win for the Eagles.

3rd round and most likely a 1st that could be a high draft pick too. 70% is what game 12-13? If they are just a 500 team at that time and lose next few. It can be a top 12 pick.

If Carson is still trash then it looks good that we got rid of him instead of holding out hope.

If Carson balls out it could get Howie Fired.

If Hurts looks good then we got a new QB already.

If Hurts looks bad it could get Howie Fired.

Honestly Win Win imo.

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

He'll throw better than Wentz threw.

Completion percentage says otherwise. 53 percent. Yippee. Wentz is gonna win his division. Hurts will be lucky to win three games.

1 minute ago, MF POON said:

Man you’re dumb

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Yes, those 4 games he played in the weirdest season ever tell us all we need to know.  I mean, it's not like his pedigree suggests we keep an open mind...

1 minute ago, Infam said:

As a total homer, I will root for him to play barely well enough to not get benched.

Need to get that first. 

2 minutes ago, DBW said:

People are made about the return. What did you expect?  😂 

I think Howie did well, the worse we get in return is a 3rd and a 2nd, that's not bad at all, it's not like Wentz performed like D. Watson.

Completion percentage says otherwise

What is the Colts MB like?

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Was never a believer in Hurts since Alabama and idk if any of these guys coming up (this yr or next) has that "it" factor

1 minute ago, Randall72 said:

This.  time to see what we have in Hurts.  I like his leadership which Carson didn't have.  If he doesn't work out, we can move on with ease because he's only making second round money.  It's not the end of the world.  People acting like Wentz was Brady when he's not

No not this, are you in virtual 5th grade learning 

Got fleeced by the frickin colts

You act like there were better offers that they turned down.  There was no way Carson was going to stay and play.  The whole world knew this, thus the Eagles had almost zero leverage in this process.  Not sure what you were expecting them to get in return given his contract and the fact that everyone knew he wanted out.

I hope Carson stays healthy and plays all 16 games but struggles in year 1 as Reich tries to "fix" him.  That gives us the 1st and a fairly decent one at that.  

1 minute ago, MF POON said:

Put me in the camp that says we don't draft the future QB this year and roll with Hurts for at least one year.

Archived