Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

We better be taking a QB at 6

Yeah, we'll end up with another guy from NDS 😆

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, paco said:

He'll always have 

usa_today_10588774.jpg

There's a similar pic of Trent Dilfer and another of Brad Johnson ... 

Look for the Eagles to be a bad team for at least 3 years.  I hope to Gd the team doesn't use its first round pick to select a QB

17 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

I thought Lurie wouldn’t take a big dead cap hit?  

Big cap hit whether he stays or goes , it actually is a bit less with him going I think

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

God I hope not.  When was the last Ohio St. QB to do anything in the NFL?

Haskins, Cardale Jones, Braxton Miller, Terelle Pryor, Troy Smith, ...

I can see the Eagles drafting a QB and Howie saying that everyone was against the McNabb pick for Ricky Williams to justify it.  At this point, I hope they just give Hurts a shot and use the #6 to get either Sewell, Pitts or Chase/Smith and build around the offense that way. We will most likely stink next year anyway, so get the QB next year. Plus, we will have the higher Colts pick to use as collateral if we need to.

3 minutes ago, Mr_Philly said:

Wentz is going to tear it up with the colts while we will be dwelling in the basement of the crappy NFC East thanks to Howie. 

His other knee?

16 minutes ago, Infam said:

Why? Playing 75% of the snaps doesn't seem that far fetched?

He would have this year had he not been benched - meaning injuries weren't an issue (for once).  He should play better in Reich's system.  I actually think there is a good chance he plays 75% of those snaps and we get the 1st.  

Isn't this kind of a no lose situation (at least for this year)  If he's good in Indy we get a 1st, if he sucks or gets hurt we did the right thing.

3 minutes ago, Thrive said:

@downundermike was so sure. He spent the last month waging battle against the EMB on that hill but alas here we are.

Most of us have mourned the loss of Wentz (for some of us, it became clear during the season that he may never be who we thought he would be) and so this is just further closure. 

Yep, I was wrong, and they took that hit with a return that is not worth it.  Oh well, now we have a poor mans Lamar Jackson, with a roster that will be seriously lacking talent after the moves needed to get under the cap.  Gonna be a bad couple of years of football.  Like before Andy Reid got here bad.

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

Maybe not.

We don't have an actual QB. We have a RB who throws when he has to.

1 minute ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

His other knee?

Hopefully after the 75% kicks in. 

27 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Totally agree.  We need to plug some of those holes and see what Jalen Hurts can do with a full year starting.  

A valid point.  I still think Carson is a talent and I think he'll do well in Indy, but I'd rather have that cap relief.  Cheap QB + Expensive talent at other positions is a formula that won a few teams some championships!   

You gonna be Hurts 2 Ertz now?

Yep

Colts win division next year while we are gonna be in the number one pick running. 

4 minutes ago, Procus said:

Look for the Eagles to be a bad team for at least 3 years.  I hope to Gd the team doesn't use its first round pick to select a QB

Do they have a choice?  We have 1 serviceable QB on the roster and not much cap space to be bringing in free agents.

Just now, Dweedlebug said:

Do they have a choice?  We have 1 serviceable QB on the roster and not much cap space to be bringing in free agents.

Who's the serviceable QB? 

8 minutes ago, Procus said:

Same here.  It would basically be throwing away last year's 2nd rd pick in the process.  I know a lot of people aren't high on Hurts but have to at least give him an extended look to get a more complete evaluation.  If he stinks it up you have 2 high picks in 2022 to maneuver to get in position to take a QB.  

If anything use a day 2 pick on a QB to add competition.  Perhaps someone like Trask might make sense.  Our new QB coach was his QB coach at Florida and is credited with developing Trask.  

The picks we got reflects how bad last year was, if Reich manages to turn him around then fair play to him and then the trade haul sucks, but you can only trade based on where he is right now and it's more than fair considering what the Rams had to give up in addition to Goff (who had a way better season than Wentz last year) to get Matt Stafford.

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

We don't have an actual QB. We have a RB who throws when he has to.

I'd rather roll with Hurts and build around him, or a future replacement's success. He showed enough to warrant a chance and for us to spend those higher draft picks elsewhere. 

6 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I can see the Eagles drafting a QB and Howie saying that everyone was against the McNabb pick for Ricky Williams to justify it.  At this point, I hope they just give Hurts a shot and use the #6 to get either Sewell, Pitts or Chase/Smith and build around the offense that way. We will most likely stink next year anyway, so get the QB next year. Plus, we will have the higher Colts pick to use as collateral if we need to.

Completely agree ... I've been on that same bandwagon all along for the exact same reasons you stated.  

Just now, MF POON said:

I'd rather roll with Hurts and build around him, or a future replacement's success. He showed enough to warrant a chance and for us to spend those higher draft picks elsewhere. 

F Hurts. We need to draft a QB

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Colts win division next year while we are gonna be in the number one pick running. 

Hey we agree

If the colts (likely) go deeper into the playoffs, its still closer to a 2nd round pick

Archived