Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Apparently Brandon Graham is flat out saying the whole team is practicing sloppy.

Eh, I wouldn't say "flat-out," but he did give some credence to the report. Either way, smells like a lockerroom civil war is brewing. Maybe it's for the best.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

So the NFL Network saying Carson is lazy and sloppy at practice. It just seems like everything is coming out now. 

But haven't we really known this for sometime now? 

Both Joseph Santoliquito and Josina Anderson's reports were spot on. 

It's becoming clearer every week that Carson Wentz is a Fing cancer and is sucking the life out of this team and this franchise. 

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

So the NFL Network saying Carson is lazy and sloppy at practice. It just seems like everything is coming out now. 

You never know with these "unnamed source" type reports.  Especially when the team is losing.

But if it's true, then Carson isn't what he was hyped as, with the "first guy in the building, last guy to leave" work ethic we've been told.  

But it's also on he coaches.  How are Doug and the 14 offensive coaches allowing that to happen?  How do you allow any player QB or not to practice sloppy?

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

That’s not shocking. The whole team is sloppy. 

Kelce needs to do the opposite of his parade speech and call out the players...including himself for bad snaps. You want to scream about respect and people doubting you...then hold yourselves accountable when playing poorly too.

4gmmd3.jpg

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

Kelce needs to do the opposite of his parade speech and call out the players...including himself for bad snaps. You want to scream about respect and people doubting you...then hold yourselves accountable when playing poorly too.

The problem with that is that he'd have to stop making bad snaps, we know he doesn't want to do that. 

It's funny how people eat up the crap the media spoon feeds them whether accurate or not. Talk about a world of sheeple.

5 hours ago, Birdman said:

But haven't we really known this for sometime now? 

Both Joseph Santoliquito and Josina Anderson's reports were spot on. 

It's becoming clearer every week that Carson Wentz is a Fing cancer and is sucking the life out of this team and this franchise. 

One thing is sure and that’s we see a team that completely lacks accountability. Guys play when they feel like it. They play sloppy on both sides of the ball and no one seems to care not even the highest paid guys. Even if Carson is the first one in and last one out he’s not the verbal leader to get these guys in line and his style of play is pretty selfish hero ball. From Howie down to the players it seems no one cares enough. At least Malcom Jenkins used to get on them when they got like this. Now no one does. At least Brandon Graham called everyone out in the media and said everyone has been sloppy in practice. 

10 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

It's funny how people eat up the crap the media spoon feeds them whether accurate or not. Talk about a world of sheeple.

Yeah bud, because it’s clear in these games the Eagles have really put forth excellent efforts in practice. 

12 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

The media never lies! /s

6 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Eh, I wouldn't say "flat-out," but he did give some credence to the report. Either way, smells like a lockerroom civil war is brewing. Maybe it's for the best.

I know Doug’s teams have been poor coming off the bye week, but that effort shows this team has serious issues. That was with "everyone back” and they looked like they wanted no part on being there. That was a game they could have cemented themselves as front runners for the division and they just let the Giants own them on all three levels. Doug usually finds a way to get his team to have a let push but most of the time that’s been against bad teams. We are about to find out about a lot of these players and coaches over the next couple of weeks. 

23 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I know Doug’s teams have been poor coming off the bye week, but that effort shows this team has serious issues. That was with "everyone back” and they looked like they wanted no part on being there. That was a game they could have cemented themselves as front runners for the division and they just let the Giants own them on all three levels. Doug usually finds a way to get his team to have a let push but most of the time that’s been against bad teams. We are about to find out about a lot of these players and coaches over the next couple of weeks. 

Thing is what does Doug do? I'm not for one second absolving him of blame but what can do he? I mean why isn't his message getting through to the players? The players at times do look completely disinterested. So what's going on? Has Doug lost the locker room? Can he get it back if he has?

35 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Thing is what does Doug do? I'm not for one second absolving him of blame but what can do he? I mean why isn't his message getting through to the players? The players at times do look completely disinterested. So what's going on? Has Doug lost the locker room? Can he get it back if he has?

I can’t answer the questions you’re asking, but if Wentz can go out there and be completely nonchalant about protecting the football with no consequences whatsoever then I think it’s difficult to hold anyone accountable. The "leader” of the team answers to no one and does what’s best for him and not the team. Until Doug puts him in his place no one will care. If there were fans at the game they would hear it. 

One thing is sure and that’s we see a team that completely lacks accountability. Guys play when they feel like it. They play sloppy on both sides of the ball and no one seems to care not even the highest paid guys. Even if Carson is the first one in and last one out he’s not the verbal leader to get these guys in line and his style of play is pretty selfish hero ball. From Howie down to the players it seems no one cares enough. At least Malcom Jenkins used to get on them when they got like this. Now no one does. At least Brandon Graham called everyone out in the media and said everyone has been sloppy in practice. 

Please, Malcom Jenkins was the biggest play when he feels like it guy I've ever seen.

Just now, EagleVA said:

Please, Malcom Jenkins was the biggest play when he feels like it guy I've ever seen.

Naw I just think he lost a step, but Malcom never lacked for effort. The dude even played on special teams. 

59 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yes, he has lost the locker room, he lost it by seeing his QB play like sheet and follows that up numerous times by telling the whole world that Carson is our guy.

If I were a player I'd be thinking this is total BS, Carson has shown he's clearly not the guy.

For me, this goes back to a comment I made shortly after he was drafted, he's one of those smiley face guys, the great QBs aren't of the smiley face types, more often than not they have on their game faces.

Wentz is done. The most telling is that he is mostly by himself on the sideline when they pan the camera to him. One of the worse parts of the giants game was when the eagles fail the 4th down conversion, he was on his way to the sideline and none of the defenders talked to him or padded him. This team is not responding the wentz. Look at the enthusiasm of the eagles when he makes a mistake

5 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

The most telling is that he is mostly by himself on the sideline when they pan the camera to him.

YUP...

On 9/14/2020 at 9:03 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

I said this is the GDT yesterday, but Wentz just has some of the worst body language I've ever seen in a franchise QB. He does not handle disappointment well on the field. After every poor drive, it seems that Wentz is always visibly frustrated, then he walks over dejectedly to the bench, isolates himself, throws a towel over his head, and stares at a tablet until the next series. There's no communication with coaches or teammates about how to fix things, no high-fiving guys and lifting their spirits. To the contrary, it seems that Wentz's teammates have to come find him sulking on the bench to try to lift him up, and the coaches seem to content to just let him figure things out on his own. God forbid one of them ask Wentz "What the hell were you thinking out there?" when he makes a boneheaded play. God forbid they actually make their first-round pick earn a massive contract extension instead of just giving him $30m/yr. like it's nothing.

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I can’t answer the questions you’re asking, but if Wentz can go out there and be completely nonchalant about protecting the football with no consequences whatsoever then I think it’s difficult to hold anyone accountable. The "leader” of the team answers to no one and does what’s best for him and not the team. Until Doug puts him in his place no one will care. If there were fans at the game they would hear it. 

Oh I don't disagree. I mean we don't know the answers but we can have our opinions on it? I agree it's a tricky one because I'm not sure what this team can do with Carson. He's not learning and he seems unprepared to change his approach so what are they to do? Thing is, Doug needs to work it out otherwise it is going to cost him his job. 

9 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Yes, he has lost the locker room, he lost it by seeing his QB play like sheet and follows that up numerous times by telling the whole world that Carson is our guy.

If I were a player I'd be thinking this is total BS, Carson has shown he's clearly not the guy.

Yeah I mean I think that's a tricky one. Doug has to back his QB doesn't he? If he doesn't then he gets slated that way. But I do think he needs to me more honest and at the very least he needs to be chewing Wentz out behind closed doors. But perhaps he is doing that? We don't know. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh I don't disagree. I mean we don't know the answers but we can have our opinions on it? I agree it's a tricky one because I'm not sure what this team can do with Carson. He's not learning and he seems unprepared to change his approach so what are they to do? Thing is, Doug needs to work it out otherwise it is going to cost him his job. 

If Doug can’t fix it then maybe it should cost him his job. With every week that passes it doesn’t seem like this coach/QBs combo can coexist. 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If Doug can’t fix it then maybe it should cost him his job. With every week that passes it doesn’t seem like this coach/QBs combo can coexist. 

Only way Doug can fix it is if he puts his pride aside, comes to the realization the best move for the team is he gives up all roles as OC and works on being the best HC. If he needs to be forced to do it by the FO then he is clearly not the right person to be the leader of this team. 

I agree. It should and it will cost him his job because the current state of play can not continue. 

8 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Only way Doug can fix it is if he puts his pride aside, comes to the realization the best move for the team is he gives up all roles as OC and works on being the best HC. If he needs to be forced to do it by the FO then he is clearly not the right person to be the leader of this team. 

Honestly I don’t have a lot of confidence in any of the other people calling plays either. Nagy gave up play calling last week for the Bears and they stunk this last game. Press Taylor is currently the passing coordinator. He’s not even a good QB coach. I wouldn’t trust that guy calling plays. When it comes down to it I don’t see Doug trusting any of these guys (who were basically forced on him by the organization) to call his plays which is basically putting them in charge of his job. Because the FO has forced so much on him (players and coaches) in Doug’s mind all he has left is play calling. It’s basically his only real power at this point. 

Archived