Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Honestly I don’t have a lot of confidence in any of the other people calling plays either. Nagy gave up play calling last week for the Bears and they stunk this last game. Press Taylor is currently the passing coordinator. He’s not even a good QB coach. I wouldn’t trust that guy calling plays. When it comes down to it I don’t see Doug trusting any of these guys (who were basically forced on him by the organization) to call his plays which is basically putting them in charge of his job. Because the FO has forced so much on him (players and coaches) in Doug’s mind all he has left is play calling. It’s basically his only real power at this point. 

But to me the biggest issue isn't play calling. I'm not saying Doug should absolutely remain the play caller but at this point I'm not sure we can absolutely say play calling is the issue. I think the entire offense is the issue. From the players to the scheme. Perhaps play calling does come in to that but its one of a number of issues right now. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But to me the biggest issue isn't play calling. I'm not saying Doug should absolutely remain the play caller but at this point I'm not sure we can absolutely say play calling is the issue. I think the entire offense is the issue. From the players to the scheme. Perhaps play calling does come in to that but its one of a number of issues right now. 

To me this is mostly about lack of talent and the failing of coaches to develop young players. Think about how many undrafted or late round players have key roles for the Eagles. Look at all the draft picks that are no longer with this team and doing better in other places. Look at the 2016 and 17 drafts and how only 5 players remain and you could argue every one of them that remain aren’t that good. Wentz is the only all pro of the bunch and we see he’s taken a major step backwards. Yeah I’m not saying Doug doesn’t share some of the blame here, but we are expecting Doug to make lemonade when he’s been given puppy chow to work with. 

I'm feeling a good game out of Wentz tomorrow, just enough to torture us with hanging on to a glimmer of hope. The whole team should be playing angry, and there's also the caveat of this being the team that passed on Wentz at 1st overall and were the first to openly question Wentz's NFL readiness.

Also, my buddy is a Browns fan, and while I have nothing against the team or their fans, for the love of god beat the gddamn Browns. I need to at least keep this one thing I can always hold over his head.

5 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I'm feeling a good game out of Wentz tomorrow, just enough to torture us with hanging on to a glimmer of hope. The whole team should be playing angry, and there's also the caveat of this being the team that passed on Wentz at 1st overall and were the first to openly question Wentz's NFL readiness.

I'm going to be really interested to see how this team responds later on today. Do they come out with that fire and that anger. They need to and they should but I'm not sure this team has got it in them. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm going to be really interested to see how this team responds later on today. Do they come out with that fire and that anger. They need to and they should but I'm not sure this team has got it in them. 

All the Browns need to do is watch the tape. Watch Wentz hold. Onto the ball way too long, and long enough to get hit or fumble. Defensive line put your hands up, because despite how tall Wentz is the dude sure does get a lot of batted balls. Get a quick lead and Doug gives up on the run. Do a lot of misdirection plays, because the Eagles defense are major suckers for them. Off principle alone the Eagles should come out to win this, but honestly I have zero confidence in this quarterback right now. 

39 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

All the Browns need to do is watch the tape. Watch Wentz hold. Onto the ball way too long, and long enough to get hit or fumble. Defensive line put your hands up, because despite how tall Wentz is the dude sure does get a lot of batted balls. Get a quick lead and Doug gives up on the run. Do a lot of misdirection plays, because the Eagles defense are major suckers for them. Off principle alone the Eagles should come out to win this, but honestly I have zero confidence in this quarterback right now. 

Agreed. Mind you without Garrett I'm not sure their D is going to get a lot of pressure on Carson. But if they can cover fairly well then Carson will hold on too long and then the pressure will naturally come because an OL can only successfully block for so long. 

No press Taylor today (Covid) so doug will be the only voice Wentz hears....this will be a good indicator of whether press is the reason for wentz mental issues or not. 

The final score will probably something along the lines of 12-8, lol.

O line and play calling not helping either, but Wentz playing badly...

...and another week where you can't blame injuries because they're mostly healthy. 

8 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

We have a shot a Justin Fields still lol

Yes! I'd take him and I wouldn't hesitate in doing so. Wentz is done. It's over. The team needs to take the L with him. 

13 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

We have a shot a Justin Fields still lol

Looking at their remaining schedule don't be surprised if they don't win another game.......that would be a good thing provided that dumbarse doesn't trade away their first pick for an aging veteran

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The biggest question is... As a, hopefully, parting gift can Howie do one more fleece trade? Get us something decent for Wentz. 

Who would be stupid enough to trade anything of value for Carson Wentz?

6 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Who would be stupid enough to trade anything of value for Carson Wentz?

Oh I mean I don't think anyone. I'm just hopeful is all. Dreaming I guess you could call it. 

All year Doug keeps saying "Carson understands" he can't turn the ball over, and make better decisions. 

Last week a reporter called him on it, said you keep saying that, when will we see some action? 

12 minutes ago, NOTW said:

All year Doug keeps saying "Carson understands" he can't turn the ball over, and make better decisions. 

Last week a reporter called him on it, said you keep saying that, when will we see some action? 

Well we didn't see any action this week. 

Carson has just said he needs to be better. He needs to do more. He isn't playing his best football. Gee great stuff there Carson. You are so smart. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The biggest question is... As a, hopefully, parting gift can Howie do one more fleece trade? Get us something decent for Wentz. 

You're kidding, right? Wentz is THE worst QB in the league and with each passing week he gets worse....he leads in every negative stat there is for a QB. Who in their RIGHT mind would trade anything of value for him??

Just now, GeorgeM37 said:

You're kidding, right? Wentz is THE worst QB in the league and with each passing week he gets worse....he leads in every negative stat there is for a QB. Who in their RIGHT mind would trade anything of value for him??

Bud... I know that. Its a pipe dream. I was messing. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Bud... I know that. Its a pipe dream. I was messing. 

I figured you were.....lol I just couldn't help but respond though....tis all good

3 minutes ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

Maybe since having a kid; Wentz just isn't into football anymore. 

I saw a tweet from a female that said "I liked virgin Carson better".  :roll:

I agree with her.

Edit: someone posted it a few pages back.  Still gold...  :roll:

5 minutes ago, B3 said:

I saw a tweet from a female that said "I liked virgin Carson better".  :roll:

I agree with her.

You know **** will get you haha

Archived