Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

Do Wentz slurpers  and or washers still actually exist after this last game? If so that’s very sad. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wentz should start against Seattle, but if he doesn’t improve significantly, we need to sit him for Hurts, even if it’s just for one game.

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Wentz should start against Seattle, but if he doesn’t improve significantly, we need to sit him for Hurts, even if it’s just for one game.

So another chance? Why should he get another chance after his showing this year? I mean we all know they aren't going to bench him no matter what. He could throw 5 INTs and have a fumble on Sunday this week and they still won't bench him. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So another chance? Why should he get another chance after his showing this year? I mean we all know they aren't going to bench him no matter what. He could throw 5 INTs and have a fumble on Sunday this week and they still won't bench him. 

Many of us think this way, but we're talking about a team that is hanging onto Jason Peters and benching the very promising Mailata.  Who brought Alshon Jeffrey back because he was good 3 years ago.  Doug doesn't think Wentz needs to change anything and keeps saying "Carson understands that" about turnovers and decision making.  

I their view they are still leading the division and can "get this thing straightened out."  They are delusional because they are facing the Seahawks and Packers back to back.  They will keep going until they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs and maybe, "maybe" they will make changes to get young guys experience.  But maybe not, they like to "keep fighting."

Remember in 2012 when they went 4-12?  Foles was a rookie and was actually starting to show some promise when he took over after Vick got hurt.  The season was lost. Reid started Vick the final game of the season instead of getting Foles more experience.  Doug is like that with starters, he is blindly loyal to them. 

I think this is a good read: https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/have-injuries-taken-toll-carson-wentz-doug-pederson-gives-strange-answer

Basically it states that perhaps wentz is not over the concussion from last year. he maybe playing but he isn't seeing the field. i think we all heard about the report that after he sustained the concussion, Wentz forgot that they were in the playoffs or something to that effect. I wonder if this is a lingering injury that is causing him not to see the field or forget where his quick outs are because he is not able to process thoughts as quickly after the concussion causing him to take sacks. I mean if that is in-fact the case, they should bench him for a season and see if he can get that back. don't they have a memory test and other things like that for the concussion protocol? Maybe there should be some tests to see if he remembers plays and routes. 

Have any of you watched the presser Wentz gave? His answers, at least to me, seemed very egotistic. He said TWICE "you guys can ask whatever you want" in a very matter-of-fact way but I hear NO accountability on his part. He said "we left some plays on the field" .....sheesh....he was responsible for 9 Browns points and has the nerve to say that. Then he says he is just going out there and do his job....which, again to me, says he isn't planning to change a thing.

I will and have always supported whoever was leading the team but I am seriously starting to dislike this man. I mean....truly dislike him.....and there isn't a single QB outside of Vince Young that I have actually disliked...but he is fast approaching this

3 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

His answers, at least to me, seemed very egotistic.

"Egotistical"

Then he says he is just going out there and do his job....which, again to me, says he isn't planning to change a thing.

"Uncompromising"

He said TWICE "you guys can ask whatever you want" in a very matter-of-fact way but I hear NO accountability on his part.

"Fails to take accountability"

"Indeed, sources describe Wentz as 'incredibly hard working,' 'determined,' and 'highly intelligent.' But the true Wentz is more nuanced and complicated, with sources describing him as 'selfish,' 'uncompromising,' 'egotistical,' one who plays 'favorites' and doesn't like to be 'questioned,' one who needs to 'practice what he preaches' and fails 'to take accountability.' 

13 hours ago, MillerTime said:

Might be the weakest argument for Wentz I have seen. I don’t think coaching is the problem. WRs are open. He is not getting rid of the ball. When we do get moving he is turning the ball over. That safety was just bad. 

It's hard to blame that safety on Wentz, you just don't expect your LT to put forth such a poor effort as did Peters, before Sanders could reach the flats and turn to look for the ball Wentz was on his back.

9 hours ago, NOTW said:

I their view they are still leading the division and can "get this thing straightened out."  They are delusional because they are facing the Seahawks and Packers back to back.

Yeah you're right they are delusional. Going in to this year I think many of us were concerned about the major flaws in the team. We felt it could potentially go wrong and it has. And so many of the issues we were worried about have come to the surface.

This team isn't a team that can straighten a few things out. This is just a bad team and we can all see that. I just don't understand why the coaches are deluding themselves?

6 hours ago, EagleVA said:

It's hard to blame that safety on Wentz, you just don't expect your LT to put forth such a poor effort as did Peters, before Sanders could reach the flats and turn to look for the ball Wentz was on his back.

He had 3 WRs open and didn’t pull the trigger. He had 4 seconds to throw the ball. (Had the ball in his hands at 3:17 seconds and hit the ground at 3:12 seconds) Every QB last season average under 3 seconds for time to throw the ball with scrambles included. It’s his fault. 

I guess to the Eagles enablers Wentz STILL has more upside than Goff...Looks like LA  scouted their QB pick a little better than we did.

At this point how anyone can advocate for anything other than turning the page from Wentz is beyond me.  I will post pre draft scouting synopses below and if anyone can say that these areas have improved, time’s yours.

"Wentz isn’t a consistent thrower on the move because he doesn’t always turn his shoulders to the target, and may lose accuracy and velocity. Needs to refine his footwork on under-center dropbacks. Tends to lock onto his eventual targets for too long, which will lead to converging coverages at the NFL level. Needs to be more sudden and accurate on deep throws at times, and his read quickness is an issue.

34 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

At this point how anyone can advocate for anything other than turning the page from Wentz is beyond me.  I will post pre draft scouting synopses below and if anyone can say that these areas have improved, time’s yours.

"Wentz isn’t a consistent thrower on the move because he doesn’t always turn his shoulders to the target, and may lose accuracy and velocity. Needs to refine his footwork on under-center dropbacks. Tends to lock onto his eventual targets for too long, which will lead to converging coverages at the NFL level. Needs to be more sudden and accurate on deep throws at times, and his read quickness is an issue.

So what you are showing with that quote is that Wentz is not being coached correctly or the coaching staff fails to even recognize his flaws that need coaching. In the end you are saying he needs better coaching. Got it. 

2 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

So what you are showing with that quote is that Wentz is not being coached correctly or the coaching staff fails to even recognize his flaws that need coaching. In the end you are saying he needs better coaching. Got it. 

Can you direct me to the part where I said he needs better coaching?  You have stated that "I am saying he needs coaching”.  Where did I state that exactly?

1 minute ago, VeeMak said:

Can you direct me to the part where I said he needs better coaching?  You have stated that "I am saying he needs coaching”.  Where did I state that exactly?

Oh your quote you posted clearly shows that. Its a good quote btw, good job, LOL 

Just now, DeathByEagle said:

Oh your quote you posted clearly shows that. Its a good quote btw, good job, LOL 

You are opining, because you’re making an inference based on your hope in Wentz.  But I will take your opinion FWIW seeing as how you’ve quoted King Nishah but attributed the quote to Brian Dawkins in your signature.  

Just now, VeeMak said:

You are opining, because you’re making an inference based on your hope in Wentz.  But I will take your opinion FWIW seeing as how you’ve quoted King Nishah but attributed the quote to Brian Dawkins in your signature.  

Dude Im screwing with you. the fact you didt get that by post number 2 makes you a complete idiot, lol 

Just now, DeathByEagle said:

Dude Im screwing with you. the fact you didt get that by post number 2 makes you a complete idiot, lol 

What a classy post.  

23 hours ago, xBMTx said:

Wentz slurpers please explain that.

That's insane.  To me: that's bad coaching.  Most WCO throws are timing, you throw to a spot.  You don't sit there and wait.  

The reason Carson takes so many sacks is the same reason David Carr did.  They don't process the field quickly enough.  

Archived