Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

22 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not sure I would go that far yet. I think he starts, I think he plays at least the first half or even the first 3 quarters but if the trend continues then yeah I can see them sitting him. I'm not sure that then means he is benched though and could see him then starting the next game but things are moving.

We will see. But that was a Loooooooot of hesitation from and trying to sidestep the question. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I'd say the same for the people in here having a circle jerk about how bad Wentz is playing

Based on Doug’s strange response today, he may be jerking in the circle too.  Do you like apples?

How about them apples?

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not sure I would go that far yet. I think he starts, I think he plays at least the first half or even the first 3 quarters but if the trend continues then yeah I can see them sitting him. I'm not sure that then means he is benched though and could see him then starting the next game but things are moving.

If they start him, they should just let him finish the game and not pull him in a primetime, national game. Limit the circus. Just bench him for the next start. They also should consider getting a sports psychologist for him. There's something going on with him mentally or physically.  At least try to pull out all the stops to get him right if you've invested millions in him.

9 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

If they start him, they should just let him finish the game and not pull him in a primetime, national game. Limit the circus. Just bench him for the next start. They also should consider getting a sports psychologist for him. There's something going on with him mentally or physically.  At least try to pull out all the stops to get him right if you've invested millions in him.

I wouldn't disagree with that. I mean if they are in a massive hole then Hurts isn't going to save the day anyway and my god the media circus if they did bench Wentz at halftime would be monumental. 

33 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I wouldn't disagree with that. I mean if they are in a massive hole then Hurts isn't going to save the day anyway and my god the media circus if they did bench Wentz at halftime would be monumental. 

Plus, it would be better for Hurts to have a full week to prepare and know that he is starting vs. coming in off the bench in a game they will most likely lose anyway due to being behind.

1 hour ago, VeeMak said:

Based on Doug’s strange response today, he may be jerking in the circle too.  Do you like apples?

How about them apples?

What apples?

1 hour ago, EagleMatt said:

Bosa kicked our franchise qb!!

Sorry that did make me laugh! 😂

ESP had an 'interesting' point in the latest Go Birds podcast. He said that actually trading Wentz may not be as unlikely as some think.

I think if they traded him they'd have to eat a $34m dead cap hit in 2021 but then after that they would be free from the contract in effect. I could see a new GM and HC combo eating that hit if they really weren't sure on Wentz. 

ESP had an 'interesting' point in the latest Go Birds podcast. He said that actually trading Wentz may not be as unlikely as some think.

I think if they traded him they'd have to eat a $34m dead cap hit in 2021 but then after that they would be free from the contract in effect. I could see a new GM and HC combo eating that hit if they really weren't sure on Wentz. 

God I hope we can find a sucker who will take Wentz off our hands.

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I doubt very much they will even entertain it.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Trading him would be cap neutral in 2021.  Cap hit of $34m offset by cap savings of $35m.  Give him to anyone who will take him.

19 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

18 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

Plus, it would be better for Hurts to have a full week to prepare and know that he is starting vs. coming in off the bench in a game they will most likely lose anyway due to being behind.

This is absolutely what I want. Give Wentz the game against Seattle. If he is still really bad, Hurts isn't going to win it against Wilson going in cold. 

Give Hurts the next start. They can even say Wentz picked up a knock. I just feel it would do both Hurts and Wentz some good, even if they go straight back to Wentz the game after and something has to change.

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

I doubt very much they will even entertain it.

11 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

Trading him would be cap neutral in 2021.  Cap hit of $34m offset by cap savings of $35m.  Give him to anyone who will take him.

If I'm Reich I'm trading for Wentz.

I don't believe that Wentz is suddenly a bad QB. I don't think he will ever go back to 2017 Wentz, but he should be at least pretty good 2018/2019 Wentz. 

Could be a bargain for Indy. Like Agholor - everybody said he was done, but he's playing just fine for the Raiders - gone back to himself in 2017/2018 (not great, some drops - but a good number 2 receiver)

35 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

If I'm Reich I'm trading for Wentz.

I don't believe that Wentz is suddenly a bad QB. I don't think he will ever go back to 2017 Wentz, but he should be at least pretty good 2018/2019 Wentz. 

Could be a bargain for Indy. Like Agholor - everybody said he was done, but he's playing just fine for the Raiders - gone back to himself in 2017/2018 (not great, some drops - but a good number 2 receiver)

I kind of agree. I don’t see Wentz getting better under this current structure. I think he can be fixed, but it’s going to take either him getting traded or an entirely new structure in place here including Doug and Howie. Also, it’s going to take Wentz humbling himself and doing some massive changing on his part if the reports are true he’s uncoachable. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Lurie can probably pay the $34 million with his IRS refund this year.

what's so hard about playing to the strengths like running the ball and throwing simple passes instead of trying to gunsling the ball when you dont have a deep threat receiver? is that too much to ask? or is it about throwing the deep ball because it's exciting?

3 hours ago, Arsenal79 said:

Not sure that's quite right is it? Keep in mind my understanding of how the cap etc works is very very limited! But how are there $35m of cap savings in 2021 when his cap hit is $34-35m?

3 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

This is absolutely what I want. Give Wentz the game against Seattle. If he is still really bad, Hurts isn't going to win it against Wilson going in cold. 

Give Hurts the next start. They can even say Wentz picked up a knock. I just feel it would do both Hurts and Wentz some good, even if they go straight back to Wentz the game after and something has to change.

Yeah I mean personally? I'd be going in to the Seattle game with Hurts over Wentz. I think Wentz needs to sit for a couple of games and start to see things from another perspective. But yeah I mean don't throw Hurts in there cold and don't throw him in if we are in a massive hole with no real chance...

On WIP(Sports radio in Philly) they have had NFL experts on and they are saying the many teams in the NFL are watching the situation very close and crossing their fingers that thaty Eagles FO screws this up and puts Wentz OTB. Rumor is at least 4 teams would jump all over him in a heart beat knowing what he can be under the right coach. 

Lets just hope the Eagles are not hat dumb and realize Doug is the problem and move on from him first and try a new coach with Wentz first. 

Perfect situation would be get a new coaching staff in here for 2021 and let them get a chance with Wentz. If he is still not right then you have a out with him the following year and Hurts under contract for 2 more years. If they keep Doug then you will never see what Wentz can do with a real OC(well again, we saw what he did with Frank) before the year you can trade him.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Not sure that's quite right is it? Keep in mind my understanding of how the cap etc works is very very limited! But how are there $35m of cap savings in 2021 when his cap hit is $34-35m?

Yeah I mean personally? I'd be going in to the Seattle game with Hurts over Wentz. I think Wentz needs to sit for a couple of games and start to see things from another perspective. But yeah I mean don't throw Hurts in there cold and don't throw him in if we are in a massive hole with no real chance...

Cap hit = $34M, but cap savings = $35M, so NET result of $1M cap savings by trading him.  Simple arithmetic.

2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

On WIP(Sports radio in Philly) they have had NFL experts on and they are saying the many teams in the NFL are watching the situation very close and crossing their fingers that thaty Eagles FO screws this up and puts Wentz OTB. Rumor is at least 4 teams would jump all over him in a heart beat knowing what he can be under the right coach. 

Lets just hope the Eagles are not hat dumb and realize Doug is the problem and move on from him first and try a new coach with Wentz first. 

Perfect situation would be get a new coaching staff in here for 2021 and let them get a chance with Wentz. If he is still not right then you have a out with him the following year and Hurts under contract for 2 more years. If they keep Doug then you will never see what Wentz can do with a real OC(well again, we saw what he did with Frank) before the year you can trade him.

If true then fantastic.  We can get a bidding war going and get some good picks from a sucker in exchange for Carson Pyrite.

1 hour ago, Arsenal79 said:

Cap hit = $34M, but cap savings = $35M, so NET result of $1M cap savings by trading him.  Simple arithmetic.

I still don't get it though. Sorry I'm being dumb I'm sure but I don't. How is there such a big cap saving for one year?

I still don't get it though. Sorry I'm being dumb I'm sure but I don't. How is there such a big cap saving for one year?

By wiping out the money owed to him in salary and roster bonus.  Instead the the team that trades for him is on the hook for it.

5 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

By wiping out the money owed to him in salary and roster bonus.  Instead the the team that trades for him is on the hook for it.

But he's not $69 against the cap next year...

On 11/26/2020 at 12:19 PM, DeathByEagle said:

LMAO, Wentz is hot garbage.

Archived