JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

JJAW doesn't belong on an NFL roster...

Just cut him and be done with it already. 

I know this has been repeated time and time again, but I can't get over the fact that we were in position to draft Metcalf and Jefferson and somehow we ended up with 2 trash-tier WR's. 

So frustrating...

14 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Based on what I saw last year from Hurts, my argument was that I believe our WRs will be targeted more this year than last. Right now, I don't know if JJAW will make the team, but I expect the WRs that do to get a larger share of targets this year. 

Some guys are getting more targets. Quez, Reagor, Smith, Fulgham, and Ward will be those guys. JJAW can’t even get targets against future used car salesmen. This guy just isn’t good enough. 

On 7/8/2021 at 7:14 AM, eaglesfan0075 said:

We already know that JJAW can't produce for us, so why not bring in someone different? Sure the end result may be the same and Harry could also bust for us, but it's not like we give up anything significant for him.

Nothing to lose, but possibly something to gain. It's not like we're gonna get a starting CB in exchange for JJAW. 

I guess my only concern would be them adding a new guy and them possibly burning someone like Quez for it. JJAW is a completely irrelevant player. He can’t get open and doesn’t play special teams. The quarterbacks aren’t even looking his way. If he makes this team it would be a travesty. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

JJAW can’t even get targets against future used car salesmen. 

Come on man, you can do better than this ...

...Can't even buy targets at a gun shop.

... Can't even get Target's App on his smart phone.

But while Wentz was here, he probably should have tried wearing one of these:

Larry_Primeau_Packelope_.jpg

Just now, brkmsn said:

No quarterbacks and same no targets. If they thought he was good then they would throw it to him bud. They don’t cause he stinks.

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

That was doing better?? 🤔

11 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That was doing better?? 🤔

He’s a little salty cause I took a shot at his guy. The truth is most of the guys who JJAW was out there against will not be on NFL rosters and he still was a no show. 

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He’s a little salty cause I took a shot at his guy. The truth is most of the guys who JJAW was out there against will not be on NFL rosters and he still was a no show. 

If you notice I don't post in here much lol. Mostly because I stopped giving a sheet about Whiteside probably about half way through his rookie season lol. 

17 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If you notice I don't post in here much lol. Mostly because I stopped giving a sheet about Whiteside probably about half way through his rookie season lol. 

Year one I gave him a little bit of a pass though it was obviously he was a bad pick. I thought by year two he’d be out there more, and nothing. Where’s the fight in this kid? I’m sorry, but watching JJAW run around and catch nothing does little for me unlike some around here. 😂

JJ-AWFUL doesn't need the vaccine, he doesn't have to worry about catching anything!

14 minutes ago, NOTW said:

JJ-AWFUL doesn't need the vaccine, he doesn't have to worry about catching anything!

I hope he can catch the next flight outta here!!

On 8/14/2021 at 10:10 AM, EazyEaglez said:

I guess my only concern would be them adding a new guy and them possibly burning someone like Quez for it. JJAW is a completely irrelevant player. He can’t get open and doesn’t play special teams. The quarterbacks aren’t even looking his way. If he makes this team it would be a travesty. 

My boy Quez aint getting burned, he shows up. Guys like him are not going to light the world on fire, but they make plays, and you can trust them to step up if injuries hit. Its really hard to trust a guy like JJAW, he has not stepped up well when given opportunity. Other teams look at a guy like that and feel pretty good about leaving one defender on him; if he beats you so be it, but he is not a huge threat.

I'm pretty sure Quez has done more to earn a role in this offense through multiple practices and one half of meaningless preseason football than any Eagle WR has done since 2017.  I don't think he's getting displaced.

On 8/14/2021 at 12:09 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I didn’t like him from the jump as a PAC12 guy. I knew his game wouldn’t translate. I have him 2 weeks. The drop in the Lions was all I needed to see to confirm what I knew. His end of the season interview after his rookie season made me want the Eagles to release him immediately 

I’ll take Aaron Moorehead as a WR right now over Whiteside. 

On 8/14/2021 at 9:53 AM, Birdman said:

I know this has been repeated time and time again, but I can't get over the fact that we were in position to draft Metcalf and Jefferson and somehow we ended up with 2 trash-tier WR's. 

So frustrating...

It's so baffling to me how some will give Howie the thumbs up.

On 8/14/2021 at 9:53 AM, Birdman said:

So frustrating...

howie.JPG.549ff12e5f710f9eb2e7ef242b0b2c4b.JPG

22 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

How is he still on the team? Disgraceful.

At this point with the new coaching staff, I can understand them taking their time to evaluate.  They are even bringing in some new players to evaluate.  They only have to meet the league requirements for paring down the roster so might as well get as much evaluation as possible.  Since they're new they probably want to do their due diligence.  I think he should have been cut last year.  He's had 2 years in a row where the WR group suffered injuries and the opportunity was wide open for him and instead practice squad players and late round picks were outshining him.  It's a no brainer, but I can still see the new coaches just taking their time to get enough review of these players.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

but I can still see the new coaches just taking their time to get enough review of these players.

I can see Howie telling Nick to see if he can make something out of him so it's not a wasted pick. 

Archived