JJ Arcega-Whiteside Tracker - [The Unofficial DK Metcalf Topic]

philafan4o8

N'Keal Harry of the Patriots is requesting a trade. Maybe the Eagles and Patriots would be open to a swap of early round WR busts? Perhaps a change of scenery can help?

On 7/6/2021 at 5:13 PM, eaglesfan0075 said:

N'Keal Harry of the Patriots is requesting a trade. Maybe the Eagles and Patriots would be open to a swap of early round WR busts? Perhaps a change of scenery can help?

Ummmm, no. Why would we want to trade one trash WR for another trash WR?

10 hours ago, nipples said:

Ummmm, no. Why would we want to trade one trash WR for another trash WR?

We already know that JJAW can't produce for us, so why not bring in someone different? Sure the end result may be the same and Harry could also bust for us, but it's not like we give up anything significant for him.

Nothing to lose, but possibly something to gain. It's not like we're gonna get a starting CB in exchange for JJAW. 

1 hour ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

We already know that JJAW can't produce for us, so why not bring in someone different? Sure the end result may be the same and Harry could also bust for us, but it's not like we give up anything significant for him.

Nothing to lose, but possibly something to gain. It's not like we're gonna get a starting CB in exchange for JJAW. 

I’d rather use that roster spot on someone who isn’t as big of a bust as JJAW already is. 

Eagles do play the Pats in the preseason. Perfect time to show JJAW off against a bunch of grocery baggers and entice Belicheat into a trade before the season starts.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So did JJAW do anything? 

His statline was goose eggs apart from a 1 in the target column.

I just don't see him making it this year, maybe a change of scenery gives him a new lease of life, but I think he's done in Philly when the 53 (or whatever it is now we have 17 games) is announced and I wonder who is going to take a chance on a guy who has been as disappointing as JJAW has been. We've all seen receivers flop before, but I don't recall watching a second round guy show nothing at all before not even a brief flash in a 50 yard game, a second round guy who ends up behind 7th rounders and PS grabs and still plays like he couldn't give a crap when he gets a shot, the guy should be practising and playing his ass off when he gets the chance and he just seems resigned.

4 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

His statline was goose eggs apart from a 1 in the target column.

I just don't see him making it this year, maybe a change of scenery gives him a new lease of life, but I think he's done in Philly when the 53 (or whatever it is now we have 17 games) is announced and I wonder who is going to take a chance on a guy who has been as disappointing as JJAW has been. We've all seen receivers flop before, but I don't recall watching a second round guy show nothing at all before not even a brief flash in a 50 yard game, a second round guy who ends up behind 7th rounders and PS grabs and still plays like he couldn't give a crap when he gets a shot, the guy should be practising and playing his ass off when he gets the chance and he just seems resigned.

Let’s not be too hard on him. I thought I saw him grab a ball and run it to the ref after one of his teammates made a catch. 😂. Seriously though he was a really bad pick. 

Bad start for JJAW to impress anyone.  His odd to make the roster is very low.  If he can't show any intensity in practice, he is out before the final cut-down.  Major flop and terrible reflection on the FO of drafting this guy so high.

Reading Philly Voice 53 man roster projection after last night.  We should keep just 5 WRs.  They have us keeping this bust and only 9 OL cutting the fa OG from Buffalo.  From what I've read this kid could be a player.  Someone might claim him if cut.  He could be our RG in a year or two

44 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

Bad start for JJAW to impress anyone.  His odd to make the roster is very low.  If he can't show any intensity in practice, he is out before the final cut-down.  Major flop and terrible reflection on the FO of drafting this guy so high.

At this point, I think it's more like a bad finish.

8 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Can’t wait for @brkmsn posting vid on this thread of Whiteside separation

:lol: 

As we all know, the only thing JJAW is separate from is talent. 

Remember his first preseason, though? Dude actually looked pretty impressive in a few games and I think had 8 catches for over a hundred yards in one. Even then it never looked like he had the speed or athleticism to be a great receiver, but it at least looked like he could be a Jason Avant-type guy. A guy who could work over the middle of the field and make some tough catches against tight coverage. Insane how little he's been able to do as a 2nd round pick at a position of desperate need for the team. 

8 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Remember his first preseason, though? Dude actually looked pretty impressive in a few games and I think had 8 catches for over a hundred yards in one. Even then it never looked like he had the speed or athleticism to be a great receiver, but it at least looked like he could be a Jason Avant-type guy. A guy who could work over the middle of the field and make some tough catches against tight coverage. Insane how little he's been able to do as a 2nd round pick at a position of desperate need for the team. 

His first season was an issue because he did nothing, but his biggest problem was last year, if he can't get ahead of late rounders like Hightower and Watkins or undrafted guys like Fulgham and Ward when the team is on it's ass at Wide Receiver he's in big trouble, and now here we are he's been given a last chance saloon with the change of coaching staff and he's still soft pedalling.

I watched the videos of open practise at the Linc and the most notable thing I remember JJAW doing is managing to miss the crash mat when they're practising sideline catches, dude just throws himself onto the floor next to the mat, it's like Jesus, give us something man, do one damn thing right, there are literally 50 year old guys in the street who can make dolly catches and fall on to a crash mat, how can you possibly F that up?

Well if anyone is interested in his snap count and "stats” I updated them on the first post

just when we thought it couldn’t get more pathetic…this man played almost half the offensive snaps and couldn’t get 1 catch.

17 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Can’t wait for @brkmsn posting vid on this thread of Whiteside separation

And his argument was that Wentz wasn't targeting him and a new QB and new system would target him.

2 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

JJ is going to get cut. He's pretty much done nothing so far.

We hope he's going to get cut. Howie may keep him on the roster anyway

I feel so loved. Thanks, guys. 

Targets by position:

TE --- 11

WR --- 9

RB --- 8

Hurts played well. Flacco did  a nice job. Mullins stunk up the field. Only 29 passes total (1 throw away from Hurts). Other than Watkins, you can't really say any WR did much or even had much of an opportunity yesterday. As long as Ertz is here, it looks like we'll keep 4 TEs so we can continue to develop T-Jax. That might affect how many WRs we keep which will make things harder for JJAW. I did see JJAW in most of the ST packages, so he may need to stand out there to really have a shot this year. 

Right now, I expect Smith, Reagor, Fulgham, Watkins, and Ward to make the team for sure. If they keep more than 5, it will probably come down to JJAW vs Hightower for #6. If you want to mock JJAW for 0 catches (1 target) in 22 offensive snaps, Ward had 0 targets in 21 offensive snaps. It's a preseason game --- just like the one where JJAW had 8-104-1TD. In a preseason game, there are opportunities to be had. In this game, Watkins, Bradley, P Johnson, and Huntley made the most of theirs. The offense was non-existent in the 2nd half. One observation --- our QBs really like T. Jackson. I haven't really seen him block yet, though. Rodgers had a huge block on the Watkins TD. 

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

And his argument was that Wentz wasn't targeting him and a new QB and new system would target him.

Based on what I saw last year from Hurts, my argument was that I believe our WRs will be targeted more this year than last. Right now, I don't know if JJAW will make the team, but I expect the WRs that do to get a larger share of targets this year. 

Archived