Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

20Safety_Hazards

On 10/24/2022 at 6:03 PM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Something someone on Reddit noticed that I thought was interesting.  It appears the large floating rings in the trailer have a similar design as the rings from Shang Chi.

Miss Marvel's bracelet also has 2 rings in it that are pretty much identical to the ten rings.

FB_IMG_1666725247730.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOTW

• 20Safety_Hazards

• UK_EaglesFan89

• Boogyman

19 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Miss Marvel's bracelet also has 2 rings in it that are pretty much identical to the ten rings.

FB_IMG_1666725247730.jpg

And the post-credit scene in Shang-Chi, Bruce, Wong and Carol observing what was happening with the rings.

Shang-Chi-End-Credits-Scene-with-Bruce-B

They've said Kang is the new Thanos leading up to Secret Wars so the rings are the new infinity stones I guess.

14 hours ago, Boogyman said:

FB_IMG_1666725247730.jpg

From what I understand Ms Marvels bracelet is more associated with the Kree, which will likely likely lead to The Marvels. We’ll probably get an explanation in that movie. Of course that could still end up tying back to Kang.

FWIW - i am rewatching the netflix/marvel defenders series in order. finishing uo season 2 of daredevil. next up luke cage. i'll probably still skip iron fist. 

On 10/26/2022 at 3:07 PM, NOTW said:

And the post-credit scene in Shang-Chi, Bruce, Wong and Carol observing what was happening with the rings.

Shang-Chi-End-Credits-Scene-with-Bruce-B

They've said Kang is the new Thanos leading up to Secret Wars so the rings are the new infinity stones I guess.

My guess is that Kang created them and left them In the past. Kang the Conqueror loved to go to the past and take over with his superior intellect and tech. The most famous being his appearance as Rama Tut.  Would be consistent with Shang Chi where the mandarin found the rings I believe in a tomb 

• Like 1

Dr Strange 2 is canned dog food.  You nerds should be ashamed for slopping this stuff up by now.  i say this as a guy who would read the occasional Dr Strange comic and thinks Cumberpatch is perfect for the role.

59 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Dr Strange 2 is canned dog food.  You nerds should be ashamed for slopping this stuff up by now.  i say this as a guy who would read the occasional Dr Strange comic and thinks Cumberpatch is perfect for the role.

I mean the reception in this thread was mixed bag at best. So not really sure you’ll get a lot of pushback on This on. 

15 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I buy some pretty expensive dog food in cans......so lets find a better description..... my dogs eat better than I do.

End game was just that..... the end of decent Marvel movies, they have offered us some pretty weak stuff since......

Black Widow

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Spider-Man: No Way Home

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Thor: Love and Thunder

The Eternals

....... not to mention the balance of the tv shows are lousy. 

At least when the X men were recast, they found a way to make it interesting..... for a while.

4 hours ago, Steve 17 said:

I buy some pretty expensive dog food in cans......so lets find a better description..... my dogs eat better than I do.

End game was just that..... the end of decent Marvel movies, they have offered us some pretty weak stuff since......

Black Widow

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Spider-Man: No Way Home

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Thor: Love and Thunder

The Eternals

....... not to mention the balance of the tv shows are lousy. 

At least when the X men were recast, they found a way to make it interesting..... for a while.

Phase 4 has been for me the equivalent of Phase 2. You have the really good No Way Home and reportedly BP2 (GOTG, Winter Soldier), the not so good MoM (Thor 2), some solid first attempts Ant Man (Shang Chi) and then a lot of mixed bags where opinions wildly range Thor 4 Eternals (IM3/Ultron). The only Reason it’s more noticeable is because there is soooo much more content. So when there’s more misses you feel it more. 

6 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Just bought my ticket to watch black Panther tomorrow…will report back with a spoiler free review

Going on Tuesday. Cheap ticket day :thumbsup:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BFit said:

Going on Tuesday. Cheap ticket day :thumbsup:

Nice! Yeah I was originally planning on seeing it for the first time Sunday with the family. But then I saw a showing at 3pm today and that sounded amazing. 3pm on a Thursday that theater was surprisingly empty, I was middle seat of the middle row & had entire row to myself. Pretty great.

Gonna see Black Panther 2 again on Sunday, will probably nitpick the movie a little harder then & will go more in depth on my initial criticisms but today I just wanted to enjoy the ride. 

My Spoiler free review:

First and foremost this movie and everyone involved did an amazing job from to start to finish paying homage/respect to Chadwick Boseman. People have been calling the movie powerful, and I’d certainly agree. It was a very emotional and moving movie, and the plot was straightforward yet refreshing. Angela Bassett and Letitia Wright gave incredible performances. I did not expect Wright to be so great in that movie. 

Namor was badass. Really enjoyed seeing him on the big screen finally

To avoid spoilers I might not check in til I've seen it but can't see it this weekend.  Looking forward to it.  

Not sure if I just watched Marvel’s Black Panther or Marvel’s Black Adam. The whole movie felt like a store-brand version of a marvel or black panther movie. The Chadwick homages were appreciated in theory but felt kind of clunky/shoehorned in to me in actuality. 

I’m kind of shocked how wildly off from the RT critics and audience scores I am on this one. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Not sure if I just watched Marvel’s Black Panther or Marvel’s Black Adam. The whole movie felt like a store-brand version of a marvel or black panther movie. The Chadwick homages were appreciated in theory but felt kind of clunky/shoehorned in to me in actuality. 

I’m kind of shocked how wildly off from the RT critics and audience scores I am on this one. 

out of curiosity, what was your take on the original one?

3 hours ago, BFit said:

out of curiosity, what was your take on the original one?

Overall enjoyed it. A few poorly developed character decisions (the guy from get outs character who’s name I the film I forget) but overall probably an 8-8.5/10. Most characters were well fleshed out and developed, solid world building and a clear understanding of their technology and advancements, their desire to keep in secret, and the growing pressures on whether or not they need to remain hidden or not. 

this sequel felt like a mix between aquaman and black Adam in theme, pacing, choreography, the look/feel of the antagonist army. 

Then we have things like Tony spending an entire movie developing and building a super suit with a billionaires budget and Jarvis AI to assist, all possible due to arc reactor technology. Then a college student that has to be busy because they’re doing other peoples homework and are worried about getting to differential equations class (something I took my freshman year in college) is able to build a suit that flies and fires and all this in a random knockoff auto shop funding from $1,000 Venmo transactions? 

they had plenty to work with having the grief and loss angle and how to handle a kingdom after that and it was all just buried with poor cgi and transformers-esque blah on the screen, a villain that apparently has Superman like strength to just fling helicopters and whatever else that is borderline thwarted later by dryness, even tho his "weaker” followers are "killed” on land by michonne and just somehow heal back to life, tons of overacting with really poorly done scenes (all the beginning stuff with the queen and here UN meeting about vibranium).

• Thanks 1

All I'm gunna say right now is to see this movie. It's better than the first one in my mind. They did a great job all around with it. 

not a spoiler, but im going to put it in tags just so no one gets butt hurt. its just an observation about namors peoples salute.

Spoiler

the Talokians are basically just underwater power rangers, right? :roll: 

52h2qv88v2z91.thumb.jpg.0fd0b6b9ab707abdc2caba19f3b46a30.jpg

9780448408293-us.jpg.e139fa403134355c36fc1206134db492.jpg

i have a bad take about this movie. im going to put it in spoilers, not because its spoilery, but just because its a bad take. i 100% believe its a true statement, its just bad and im not proud of it.....

Spoiler

this movie wouldnt be nearly as good if Boseman hadnt passed. them being forced to kill off T'Challa really grew the characters and story. 

On 11/23/2022 at 7:33 AM, BFit said:

i have a bad take about this movie. im going to put it in spoilers, not because its spoilery, but just because its a bad take. i 100% believe its a true statement, its just bad and im not proud of it.....

Hide contents

this movie wouldnt be nearly as good if Boseman hadnt passed. them being forced to kill off T'Challa really grew the characters and story. 

I don’t hate this take. Have you by chance seen what Coogler’s original script was about?

49 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I don’t hate this take. Have you by chance seen what Coogler’s original script was about?

No is it out there?