Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

Just now, EaglesRocker97 said:

Lol, this is sp predictable. No one crowned Hurts anything. They told you that you made up your mind way too quickly and that you should wait to see what he can do in the next couple seasons. Going all "See! You're crowning him! Take your own advice and be patient!" is just another piss-poor attempt at deflection by people who can never just take the L.

Yup, I'm happy to say he has proved me wrong so far this season. I didn't think he had the tools throwing the ball to be a starter in the NFL but he has looked great. 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Many people really jumped the gun and sold this guy down river wayyyyyy  too soon. Even if he turned out to be what people thought he was, they weren't giving the guy a reasonable amount of time to judge any QB prospect.

I am one of them.  Hurts is playing great.  In Philly, we're spoiled and expect great things in the playoffs as well.  Time will tell.

No reason to start discussing extending Hurts early yet. He is only in his 3rd year of a 4 year rookie contract. This off-season is when it will be discussed depending on how well he does this year. Teams with an elite QB need to pay one way or another. If he ends up being an elite QB then it is time to pay the piper. And then the team will need to draft well around him to keep the window open.

Football Outsiders are not homers. They don't care about the Eagles.

Current Odds to win the SB.

• Bills 19.8
  • Eagles 18.4
  • Ravens 12.4
  • Bucs 8.6
  • Chiefs and Packers both 5.3
  • Cowboys 1.8

Current Odds to win the NFCCG

• Philly 35.5
  • TB 17.8
  • GB 11.7
  • LAR 8.7
  • Min 6.7
  • Cowboys 4.2

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Carson Strong would have gotten some points in the 2nd half.  Just saying. 

Yeah I’m sure he would have given up a pick six or two. Heck the Commanders had a better chance if they played Carson Strong over Carson Wentz. 😂🤣😂

3 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Lol, this is sp predictable. No one crowned Hurts anything. They told you that you made up your mind way too quickly and that you should wait to see what he can do in the next couple seasons. Going all "See! You're crowning him! Take your own advice and be patient!" is just another piss-poor attempt at deflection by people who can never just take the L.

Calling Hurts the franchise QB and wanting to give him a mega deal IS crowning him lol

And there are a lot of fans doing that

Realistic Question:

Hurts is 24 years old and top 5 in most MVP way-too-early predictions.

If Saints end up with a top 5 pick next draft, How bad will Hurts have to be going forward for us to use that on a QB?

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Calling Hurts the franchise QB and wanting to give him a mega deal IS crowning him lol

Well, just speaking personally, I don't think he's acquitted himself as the franchise QB yet, but he appears to be taking a big step in that direction, so there's plenty of reason to hope that he can be that guy.

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

There were and are more dopes around here who trashed this guy for years now before he’s had a shot than anyone who’s ready to give him a huge contract. Don’t expect many of you to man up and admit that maybe you’ve been wrong. Keep up with your narrative though. Knowing that the idiot who thought Wentz could be MVP last year is against Hurts tells me that he’s got a real shot to be elite. Keep up your Hurts hate. 😂🤣😂

1 minute ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Realistic Question:

Hurts is 24 years old and top 5 in most MVP way-too-early predictions.

If Saints end up with a top 5 pick next draft, How bad will Hurts have to be going forward for us to use that on a QB?

Hurts has to be bad enough to get the Eagles own pick in the top five for the Eagles to draft a quarterback.

Up to the beginning of this season, I haven't been convinced by the little bit of playing time that I've personally seen of him. But if these past 3 weeks are indicative of what he can do, I'm more than happy to let him play. 

I just want a QB who relies more on his arm than his running ability. Having that ability to run is awesome and opens up a lot of things, but use it as sparingly as possible. I'd rather have 400 yards passing from our QB and 120 yards rushing. If we can have both in the same game, then great. But don't sacrifice passing for running. 

6 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Prior to this year there had been two games where I could see the ability to potentially be a top 15 passer. That's 10% of his games. That's not selling anyone down the river too soon, that's calling it as it stood at that moment. The odds of him having this drastic of a change is so so low. Him continuing to play at this level is still way up in the air. It's odd that you are allowed to crown him after three games, but nobody was allowed to doubt after twenty 

I think that was always bs.

Many throws were pretty good. Deep or not people weren‘t catching enough and clowns looked at completion percentage and claimed he would never be good enough. 

You were allowed to doubt but it was stupid to write him off which are different things. 

He did improve way beyond what he was last year, that‘s true. But that‘s hardly unprecedented for a guy that‘s 24. The exception is a guy coming in and looking like a super star in the NFL from the get go.

To ‚crown‘ him now is different though. He has shown he can play at a franchise level without a doubt. Even the most extreme haters can‘t really get themselves to say he sucks now because it‘s just obvious he‘s playing well.

To still think we should better replace him - even if he plays bad next time - is just crazy.

5 minutes ago, Infam said:

I think that was always bs.

Many throws were pretty good. Deep or not people weren‘t catching enough and clowns looked at completion percentage and claimed he would never be good enough. 

You were allowed to doubt but it was stupid to write him off which are different things. 

He did improve way beyond what he was last year, that‘s true. But that‘s hardly unprecedented for a guy that‘s 24. The exception is a guy coming in and looking like a super star in the NFL from the get go.

To ‚crown‘ him now is different though. He has shown he can play at a franchise level without a doubt. Even the most extreme haters can‘t really get themselves to say he sucks now because it‘s just obvious he‘s playing well.

To still think we should better replace him - even if he plays bad next time - is just crazy.

With his shown skill set his first nearly 20 starts it didn't look promising, and hey it's been three games. Right now I think his basement has climbed and his ceiling is definitely much higher than many of us thought. The 24 argument doesn't fit because every single rookie that's ever come in the league can use that argument and out of every draft class, you are lucky to get 5 that do outstanding work in the league. This last game for me was the one where I looked back and said....maybe just maybe because he did traditional QB stuff and still was extremely successful after the first five attempts. As long as he continues to distribute and only takes off when it's advantageous, there won't be much more complaining. Again, fly Eagles Fly. Kid keeps it up, get his bag, and keep us relevant for a decade 

Fellas. I need to be honest.

I was one of the few here vocal during the off-season in support of this young man as I thought (and think) he had great potential.

I haven’t said a word on this (and this will hopefully be the last time I speak on this during this season) because I don’t want to jinx what’s going on.

He is significantly better than even I thought he would be at this stage. I can’t even make fun of clowns like @downundermike or @4for4EaglesNest because I’m honestly in shock.

I’ll go back to hiding on this topic and pray that my superstition continues to work.

I thought Hurts was a horrific, unprecedentedly bad passer for someone to get a sustained opportunity as a starter.  Every bad thing I said about running QB's still stands...I hate them, I hate building an offense around that.  Through weeks 2 and 3, Hurts is NOT a running QB and our offense is build around a relentless pass attack.  So I'm very happy to be ...tentatively...very wrong about Hurts.  2 games are nothing...this needs to be sustained.  But now, at least he's shown it.  Credit to anyone who actually saw that before this year, because I sure didn't.

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

I thought Hurts was a horrific, unprecedentedly bad passer for someone to get a sustained opportunity as a starter.  Every bad thing I said about running QB's still stands...I hate them, I hate building an offense around that.  Through weeks 2 and 3, Hurts is NOT a running QB and our offense is build around a relentless pass attack.  So I'm very happy to be ...tentatively...very wrong about Hurts.  2 games are nothing...this needs to be sustained.  But now, at least he's shown it.  Credit to anyone who actually saw that before this year, because I sure didn't.

Yes.  But in Game 2 there were too many designed QB runs... and they ran a designed QB run yesterday in the second half (late 3rd quarter, iirc) up 24 points.  Bad process.  Get the designed runs out of the offense.

38 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No one saw that.  They hoped it and tried to speak it into existence but they didn’t see it.  They’ll lie and say they did.  But no one did.  Not these past few games.  

I saw it happen with Cunningham. I saw it happen with McNabb. I hoped it would happen with Hurts, but you can't see something that hadn't happened yet. Some people just didn't totally discount the idea. Some did and now they are salty. 

46 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You’ll go back to not contributing to the board just to come and spike the football on a topic after 3 weeks.  I guess he can’t be significantly better in anyone else’s eyes but yours?  Good call.  😂.  Passive aggressive pssy.  .  

Right, just like the pssy that doesn't go after anyone unless they go after him. Your words, emotionally unintelligent and needy pssy. 

57 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  I heard he’s a distant cousin of the Detmers.  

Sinnett is better anyway. 

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

BTW.  What does Cunningham and McNabb have to do with anything?  Both of those guys were much better passers of the ball in completely different eras than Hurts.  But you go on and not be salty with the rest of your buddies.  At least I’m hear taking it.  I doubt the same can be said for most.  

Both Cunningham and McNabb improved with experience and developed into better passers. Neither entered the NFL and set the world on fire from day 1. It took time. Era has absolutely nothing to do with development and patience. 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Sick burn.  

I’ll make a deal with you.  We finish with 11 or more wins and make it to the 2nd round of the postseason and Hurts continues this track, I’ll start a thread admitting I was wrong and I’ll tag you and the others. If we don’t, I won’t.  

Do what you want. I bet nobody will see that coming. They will hope it and try to speak it into existence, but won't see it coming. They'll lie and say they did...

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Aww look, that’s cute.  Another obsessive stalker.  Now you’re sticking up for one of your pals.  That’s cute.  Bish.  

don't need to be a stalker to point out your consistently hypocritical and self-congratulatory narcissistic BS. Requires only a short period of time given the rate at which you type in your drivel. 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  But you saw it.  When you saw the offense dominate the Patriots in a closed joint practice.  You and Joe Giglio.  That’s it.  

I'm sure you would have seen it too, but "it didn't work on your phone."

Archived