Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

If we dominate games while there is still lots we can do better that tells us how dang good this team is and can be.

It's also a constant reminder to not get complacent. 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Lol backpedal much?  :lol: 

He did alright again. I don't like him but I'm not going out of my way to bash him either. 

5 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

He did alright again. I don't like him but I'm not going out of my way to bash him either. 

I may die laughing :roll:

1 minute ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

I may die laughing :roll:

Why? I didn't bash his play last week either. He seems cocky to me but his play has been fine so far. If he proves me wrong, fine. Still not sold on him. 

Just now, Diehardfan said:

Why? I didn't bash his play last week either. He seems cocky to me but his play has been fine so far. If he proves me wrong, fine. Still not sold on him. 

:lol:

38 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

:lol:

His play and personality aren't the same. I'm obviously not sold on him but he has played fine so far. 

Still not sold, but Hurts is having a nice start to the season. Promising start.   

This week Jalen Hurts was better than Pat Mahomes and Josh Allen. Not bad for a "running back playing quarterback.”

He is going to be here for 5 years plus, we aren’t drafting a QB after this. It’s over 

I am close to being sold on him.

Damn, just imagine if they do extend him and make him the Franchise QB, you then could use those two 1st Round picks on DL and OL. Sweeet.

As BG, Fletcher, Lane, etc.... they ain't getting younger.

Build those trenches!

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

We call this reality. These are actual comparisons and not opinions.

They are different years and opponents and teammates, etc but the point is not that Hurts has better stats, its that he's even on that level.

He's not going to wake up tomorrow at 6'5" either.

It does not mean Hurts will continue to develop like Allen but he's much further than 90% of people thought he ever had a chance to get.

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’ve mentioned this too and the Hurts Hate Squad went ape ish over it.

The truth is, Josh Allen is fulfilling his potential and developed into one of the NFL's top QBs. Jalen Hurts continues his own development and has made significant improvement in his own game. It appears Hurts is on his way to making the "lists." Why people get so butt-hurt over player comparisons will always confound me. If you want me to compare Hurts to a garbage QB, then fine --- he's way better than Cason Strong. But, IMO, I think it's more useful to compare him to a player setting the bar. Hurts isn't as far along as Allen yet, but people should be happy with the progress. 

The only defense for the haters right now after 3 weeks are things like:

• 3 games don't count but 3 random bad games from last year do count
  • I'm pretending he will be bad next week so I can feel better about myself
  • I'm pretending he faced bad teams and that the schedule gets tough (they had the 16th ranked schedule through 2 games and the 32nd for the rest of the year according to FO DVOA)
  • Young QBs are not allowed to develop. They have to be awesome right away just like Dak (who is a mess after) and Marino.

The same people probably feel good about Trevor Lawrence after 3 games even though he was terrible last year because they don't have a hatred investment of disliking their own starter..

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

The truth is, Josh Allen is fulfilling his potential and developed into one of the NFL's top QBs. Jalen Hurts continues his own development and has made significant improvement in his own game. It appears Hurts is on his way to making the "lists." Why people get so butt-hurt over player comparisons will always confound me. If you want me to compare Hurts to a garbage QB, then fine --- he's way better than Cason Strong. But, IMO, I think it's more useful to compare him to a player setting the bar. Hurts isn't as far along as Allen yet, but people should be happy with the progress. 

At the pace Hurts is going this season, he will be spoke about as top 8.  He's seeing the field and executing. As someone who was heavy heavy on the doubt, the man has had three games where he has shown all three styles to win as a QB. I respect what I've seen so far, and can admit up to this point, I was fing wrong. There is no buts or we will sees. Respect to this point and hope he stays healthy. Fly Eagles Fly 

3 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

At the pace Hurts is going this season, he will be spoke about as top 8.  He's seeing the field and executing. As someone who was heavy heavy on the doubt, the man has had three games where he has shown all three styles to win as a QB. I respect what I've seen so far, and can admit up to this point, I was fing wrong. There is no buts or we will sees. Respect to this point and hope he stays healthy. Fly Eagles Fly 

Much respect here. Some are just waiting in the shadows to continue to hate. You stepped up.

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Much respect here. Some are just waiting in the shadows to continue to hate. You stepped up.

I'm a football fan before I'm an eagles fan and that has been good football. 

Archived