Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

14 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I'm a football fan before I'm an eagles fan and that has been good football. 

I’m an Eagles fan first, but I don’t have any sacred cows. I’ll praise a guy, but I’ll rip him too. I don’t care who or how we get the win. Just go get it.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

At the pace Hurts is going this season, he will be spoke about as top 8.  He's seeing the field and executing. As someone who was heavy heavy on the doubt, the man has had three games where he has shown all three styles to win as a QB. I respect what I've seen so far, and can admit up to this point, I was fing wrong. There is no buts or we will sees. Respect to this point and hope he stays healthy. Fly Eagles Fly 

I respect this and how you have fronted up and been honest. 

34 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

At the pace Hurts is going this season, he will be spoke about as top 8.  He's seeing the field and executing. As someone who was heavy heavy on the doubt, the man has had three games where he has shown all three styles to win as a QB. I respect what I've seen so far, and can admit up to this point, I was fing wrong. There is no buts or we will sees. Respect to this point and hope he stays healthy. Fly Eagles Fly 

To early to say you were wrong because the first six games were expected to be easier. He usually does well against bad teams, so maybe he took a level up from that, or maybe he has taken a good jump that will also translate against good teams. The second half play wasn't ideal as a team on offense, but the first was good. We will know more in a few weeks.

6 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

To early to say you were wrong because the first six games were expected to be easier. He usually does well against bad teams, so maybe he took a level up from that, or maybe he has taken a good jump. The second half play wasn't ideal as a team on offense, but the first was good. We will know more in a few weeks.

Lol - give it up. It’s absolutely clear that Hurts has taken a jump. He has produced 3 performances that you and others thought he was incapable of. Don’t give me the schedule. The Vikings are 2-1 and beat one of the best NFC teams. WC beat the Jags who just destroyed an excellent chargers team. 

It's obvious to all but blind haters that Hurts has taken a big jump this year.  He's well on his way to locking up the starting role for the next several years, and many more barring a Wentz-esque collapse.

We finally have a franchise QB again.  Feels good man.

48 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Much respect here. Some are just waiting in the shadows to continue to hate. You stepped up.

From my perspective, Hurts has taken out the garbage. He has chased a lot of the crappy posters away from this board and now we can actually talk football. I love the fact that I can name 10 guys who posted more here during training camp than they are right now simply because the guy whom they said was never had the ability to be any good is actually pretty good.

"But he can't read" belongs in the freezing cold takes hall of fame.

5 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

From my perspective, Hurts has taken out the garbage. He has chased a lot of the crappy posters away from this board and now we can actually talk football. I love the fact that I can name 10 guys who posted more here during training camp than they are right now simply because the guy whom they said was never had the ability to be any good is actually pretty good.

Still think you suck as a poster lol 

20 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Lol - give it up. It’s absolutely clear that Hurts has taken a jump. He has produced 3 performances that you and others thought he was incapable of. Don’t give me the schedule. The Vikings are 2-1 and beat one of the best NFC teams. WC beat the Jags who just destroyed an excellent chargers team. 

But but but every team 'hurts' has beat this season has had losing records....in previous seasons. Hurrdurrrrr

Haters need to gtfo.

22 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Calm down and keep the circle jerk victory lap on hold until we see how he plays against good teams. I said he was incapable of beating good teams when it matters. We will see.

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

Fixed your post.

Pretty sure it wasn't to yours. You sought me out. It's okay. Smooches buttercup

41 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

They still have the blog to console themselves. Don't forget, they also said we needed real coaches. 

27 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

They still have the blog to console themselves. Don't forget, they also said we needed real coaches. 

They also said Wentz would be back to being elite once he got back with Frank Reich. You know the guy they really credit for winning the Super Bowl. :roll: 

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

To early to say you were wrong because the first six games were expected to be easier. He usually does well against bad teams, so maybe he took a level up from that, or maybe he has taken a good jump that will also translate against good teams. The second half play wasn't ideal as a team on offense, but the first was good. We will know more in a few weeks.

Just stop it. We know you don't like the guy and refuse to give him props

I was definitely in wait and see mode this year on Hurts. But he has now played three consecutive amazing games, two on the road. I honestly didn’t think he could look this good two weeks in a row let alone three. So while I don’t think he’ll play like this every single week, the fact that he has this in him pretty much means you have to see the guy all the way through. 

I’m not afraid to admit I’ve been wrong so far and am enjoying this.  Much as Art reminds Clark Griswold that the little lights are not twinkling, I’d point out that I want to see Hurts improve his placement on passes over 15 yards.  But he’s been a blast to watch and root for this year.  

Just now, dawkins4prez said:

Who has the bigger omelette on their faces?  Hurts haters or Gannon haters?

Never understood the Gannon haters. Yeah the guy doesn’t seem like a super likeable interesting guy. But we literally had the worst defense ever assembled last year what was anyone expecting him to do? I didn’t think anything really just figured we’d find out this year. He still has a ways to go to prove himself though.

49 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Just stop it. We know you don't like the guy and refuse to give him props

Stop being butt hurt. I said he was fine again today, which is giving him "props". Also, nobody has used "props" since the 90s, so also stop watching Clueless on repeat.

They moved the ball well in the first half. A lot of his throws were behind his WR and they covered for him, which wasn't a problem today and I'm not getting on him for it. They also didn't score in the second half, which isn't ideal, but not a huge deal and also not something I'm pointing the finger about. He made some good throws, seemed to make mostly decent decisions on where to go, so I think he did fine.

9 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Who has the bigger omelette on their faces?  Hurts haters or Gannon haters?

Neither. They both have a lot to prove still unless they moved the playoffs up to the end of September.

Just now, Diehardfan said:

Neither. They both have a lot to prove still.

Bold answer.  Looks like you got the Grand Slam going on your face.

Archived