Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

Hurts is all that and more - at least for half of each game. When the time comes to tackle the top teams I hope he's as sharp for all 4 quarters.

This team can go all the way.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Bold answer.  Looks like you got the Grand Slam going on your face.

Eagles fans: Wentz sucks

So the defense played well against him and you want to fap and talk crap. I'm excited they have played well, he deserves credit for the defensive game plan the last two weeks, but slow your roll before crowning him.

Also, I couldn't care less if I end up being wrong. It's a message board, which I've been on since the very first, but not something my life revolves around. I've been wrong many times and right many times. I can't remember ever getting excited to tell someone they had egg on their face, but maybe you don't have much going on in your life.

Not going to crown Hurts as anything, but he's definitely better than I thought he was. Looks more comfortable and is making quicker decisions. 

My biggest gripe is the random, oddball "cute" plays they choose to run when the offense is rolling. Especially in short yardage. But that's not on the QB.

So glad we didn’t trade for Russell Wilson. Hurts is way better at this point in their careers and having to give up multiple high draft picks and players would’ve set back this franchise for a long time. 

32 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Who has the bigger omelette on their faces?  Hurts haters or Gannon haters?

Definitely Hurts haters 

He looks like the real deal so far. I was way off and will certainly eat some crow now. Still a lot of games left and hopefully the playoffs, but if this pace keeps up we have a real shot at being a contender. I don't see many other teams in the NFL right now playing as well as the Eagles. And the Eagles are really doing it in all phases.

Team has some depth, but hopefully they can weather any future injuries and be healthy when it matters the most. All teams that go deep in the playoffs have to weather adversity and injuries, but they are the best when it matters the most. And that is where the Eagles need to be at the end of the season.

Been really impressed with the passing game and tight windows Hurts has been getting the ball to receivers. Some of the scrambling has me worried about Hurts' long-term health, but that is what we have to live with for his dual talents.

3 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

So glad we didn’t trade for Russell Wilson. Hurts is way better at this point in their careers and having to give up multiple high draft picks and players would’ve set back this franchise for a long time. 

Personally I think this was more a fan thing than it was a Howie thing. There was no way Howie was giving up all that for a quarterback in his 30s. That’s a losing trade and Howie doesn’t lose trades. 

[“Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts finished the win over Washington going 22-of-35 (62.9 percent) for 340 yards and three touchdowns. The QB spoke to reporters after the game, and said that they still aren’t meeting the standard they’ve set for themselves, but they’ll take the win and get back to work.

"I want to give a special shout out to the Eagles fans, everybody that came out to FedEx Field. It definitely felt like a home game — how loud it was in there, how much green and black was in the stadium. It was very, very impressive and it was a sight to see.”]

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2022/9/25/23372169/eagles-jalen-hurts-post-game-reaction-week-3-commanders-fan-turnout-impressive-devonta-smith

Say whatever you want about this dude, but he clearly gets it. Miles Sanders was preaching the same thing after the game and the first thing he said was they’re not happy with the win, because Jalen’s not happy with the win. This guy is clearly their leader. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Say whatever you want about this dude, but he clearly gets it. Miles Sanders was preaching the same thing after the game and the first thing he said was they’re not happy with the win, because Jalen’s not happy with the win. This guy is clearly their leader. 

No doubt about it! And through 3 weeks I think he's shown that he's stepped up and he's improved. Whether that will be enough remains to be seen but he's their leader and there's real hope. 

Current leader on pass yards per attempt @9.4 and third on total yards.

Not sure how people cannot be happy with this after how much stick he's got over the past 3 years.

He's doing everything right at the moment and deserves massive credit for us going 3-0

40 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Current leader on pass yards per attempt @9.4 and third on total yards.

Not sure how people cannot be happy with this after how much stick he's got over the past 3 years.

He's doing everything right at the moment and deserves massive credit for us going 3-0

Great points and I think right now we should all feel good about where we are at and how hurts is playing. Still lots to prove but he's definitely take a step forwards so far this year. 

Still would like to see him against the best of the best and how he does when we're down, but he's been one of the best in business through 3 weeks.

Coming into the season I would take these last two performances over an entire game. He's been doing it while sleeping the second half of games.

Hats off. Keep this train moving.

Surely all Eagles fans can't be anything but pleased with how things have gone so far.

I was definitely in the "fingers crossed Hurts improves" camp, simply because I felt uncomfortable giving up so much to sign say, Wilson. 

And also I really want the Eagles to be able to use the first round picks to add talent to an already good team.

Drafting a QB is always a gamble  I think.

So far, so good.

Did I think the lad would look this good? Honestly , no.

But for me, he with the weapons at his disposal, he just needs to be functional. 

Very few QBs are truly elite, don't need to be with the right team.

No problem with him running too. He could get hurt at any point in a game.

Not Hurts relayed, and early days.

But when they made the Super bowl run, I remember the defense routinely making plays, giving the offense good starting positions etc.

Just saying like ..... 😀

11 hours ago, jsb235 said:

From my perspective, Hurts has taken out the garbage. He has chased a lot of the crappy posters away from this board and now we can actually talk football. I love the fact that I can name 10 guys who posted more here during training camp than they are right now simply because the guy whom they said was never had the ability to be any good is actually pretty good.

"But he can't read" belongs in the freezing cold takes hall of fame.

The bad posters are still here. During the game day thread, there were "Is Minshew" warming up posts. There were also "last week was a fluke" posts.

9 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Stop being butt hurt. I said he was fine again today, which is giving him "props". Also, nobody has used "props" since the 90s, so also stop watching Clueless on repeat.

They moved the ball well in the first half. A lot of his throws were behind his WR and they covered for him, which wasn't a problem today and I'm not getting on him for it. They also didn't score in the second half, which isn't ideal, but not a huge deal and also not something I'm pointing the finger about. He made some good throws, seemed to make mostly decent decisions on where to go, so I think he did fine.

Sorry bud, I didn't see a lot. I saw a couple. The AJ touchdown was clearly behind him, but inches. I think that is something he'll have to work on when dealing with guys with different speeds. Same way with the missed bomb to AJ, something I think Smith and Watkins could have hauled in.

I never really doubted this guy, you can check all of my posts in this very thread. I've always been the cautiously optimistic fan preaching patience with young players while all the armchair blowhards give me short shrift and parade around their supposedly next-level ability to analyze QB play, mostly acting like proof is superfluous because they "just know" he can't ever be a reliable NFL QB. They did the same thing with Foles. Some people really need to just shut the f*** up, watch, and listen once in awhile.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

59 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I never really doubted this guy, you can check all of my posts in this very thread. I've always been the cautiously optimistic fan preaching patience with young players while all the armchair blowhards give me short shrift and parade around their supposedly next-level ability to analyze QB play, mostly acting like proof is superfluous because they "just know" he can't ever be a reliable NFL QB. They did the same thing with Foles. Some people really need to just shut the f*** up, watch, and listen once in awhile.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

Indeed. I can’t say I knew this would happen but I was hopeful.

But the number of posters who were completely shut off to the possibility is just funny now. A couple have eaten crow (respect to them). A few have gone missing. A couple remain defiantly aggressive.

A really young developmental QB entering his 3rd year and the first time since high school in the same system who was gifted a top 10 receiver. This was always possible .

Archived