Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

20 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

That's one way. The problem with it is mid to late round picks are hard to find premium rookie QBs and the picks lose value.  Tough call.  I can see it both ways, but I'd sure hate to miss out on a more complete QB.

But you build your roster and then you go and trade up to get a QB that you really like. I know that approach has flaws but all roster building approaches do. 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Then who would that be?

No matter who your mind envisions, comparing Hurts to a proven successful NFL QB after what he has shown is just silly.  He has alot to improve on to even get in the conversation.

I didn't make a comparision, it was a projection, as in  "can be".

4 hours ago, greend said:

Are the Hurts Huggers ready for the season yet?

Obviously the Hurts haters are!

The only time I have seen a fan base hate on their starting QB the way you guys are is when Matt Ryan came and there were those Vick loyalists. At least back then the Vick loyalists were holding onto a former player, you guys are just wishing for your QB, therefore you team to fail. Unbelievable!!

7 minutes ago, Bamabird said:

Obviously the Hurts haters are!

The only time I have seen a fan base hate on their starting QB the way you guys are is when Matt Ryan came and there were those Vick loyalists. At least back then the Vick loyalists were holding onto a former player, you guys are just wishing for your QB, therefore you team to fail. Unbelievable!!

Screw off, Falcon fan.  In Philly we hate who we want!!!!! That said it's a joke so mind yo Falcon lovin business.

22 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I'd sure hate to miss out on a more complete QB.

It's really early but there doesn't seem to be much excitement about next year's QB crop.  Building the roster and not worrying too much about QB next year might be the way to go.  Who knows, if Hurts really doesn't cut it maybe Minshew deserves a look. Minshew might be as good as Brad Johnson or Jeff Hostetler.

29 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

It's really early but there doesn't seem to be much excitement about next year's QB crop. 

If Hurts doesn't work out I think I think Matt Correl is an excellent prospect, he reminds me of Joe Montana.

Lets play some Hurts Over/Under... 

Games Started -  12

Pass Yards - 2800

TD's Passing -  21

Rush Yards - 425

TD's Rushing - 6

Completion % -  61%

INT's - 13 

1 hour ago, What The F said:

Games Started -  12

Pass Yards - 2800

TD's Passing -  21

Rush Yards - 425

TD's Rushing - 6

Completion % -  61%

INT's - 13 

I will take the over.

2 hours ago, What The F said:

Games Started -  12 OVER

Pass Yards - 2800 OVER

TD's Passing -  21 OVER

Rush Yards - 425 OVER

TD's Rushing - 6 UNDER

Completion % -  61% OVER 

INT's - 13 UNDER

10 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I think it's interesting and says something for how the locker room perceives him.  I just don't think it means anything to whether he stays or goes.

Yeah that’s on Howie. I certainly feel like his teammates feel better about him than the FO does. Why did Howie friggin draft the guy if has no confidence in him? Just overall stupid. 

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah that’s on Howie. I certainly feel like his teammates feel better about him than the FO does. Why did Howie friggin draft the guy if has no confidence in him? Just overall stupid. 

Not sure where that is coming from. Howie brought someone Hurts has known since he was 4 to be QB coach. He also passed on Jones and Fields to draft a WR Hurts is familiar with. He has basically put his job on Hurts. Watson is click bait. Any big time FA or trade candidate always has the Eagles linked. It’s easy clicks for our media. 

1 hour ago, MillerTime said:

Not sure where that is coming from. Howie brought someone Hurts has known since he was 4 to be QB coach. He also passed on Jones and Fields to draft a WR Hurts is familiar with. He has basically put his job on Hurts. Watson is click bait. Any big time FA or trade candidate always has the Eagles linked. It’s easy clicks for our media. 

Really I hope you’re right, because I want no part of Watson on this team, but passing on Jones or Fields doesn’t mean Howie is all in of Hurts. It just means he didn’t like those quarterbacks. 

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

To me, the team voting him offensive captain is almost a no brainer that comes along with the position.  It has nothing to do with the business of the team as none of the voters hold any power in that area.  It's nice and says the team believes in him on the field.  It's a feel good thing.

As for Howie drafting him, I think he "was being smarter than everyone else" by reloading the QB factory with someone he felt would have later value as a Wentz backup and for trade.  The team was then pushed into a corner when Wentz forced his way out and were essentially "stuck" with Hurts.  I don't believe for one second that the FO thought they'd be here with Wentz gone and Hurts here as QB1...thus the lack of support, until he proves it.  So far, he hasn't proven anything to get that blanket support.

22 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

To me, the team voting him offensive captain is almost a no brainer that comes along with the position.  It has nothing to do with the business of the team as none of the voters hold any power in that area.  It's nice and says the team believes in him on the field.  It's a feel good thing.

As for Howie drafting him, I think he "was being smarter than everyone else" by reloading the QB factory with someone he felt would have later value as a Wentz backup and for trade.  The team was then pushed into a corner when Wentz forced his way out and were essentially "stuck" with Hurts.  I don't believe for one second that the FO thought they'd be here with Wentz gone and Hurts here as QB1...thus the lack of support, until he proves it.  So far, he hasn't proven anything to get that blanket support.

Everything you wrote I pretty much agree with and frankly should’ve gotten Howie fired. You do not use a 2nd round pick on a quarterback if the intention is to eventually try and flip that player for another pick. No one would give up a 2nd or more for Hurts, because if a perfect world he never would’ve played! Also how do you take a quarterback in the second round without running it through your starter first? I mean it’s not like Wentz was in his mid to late 30s or with a year or two left on his deal. It makes no sense and to not know or anticipate that move could have negative repercussions against that starter is just daft on Howie’s part. What has he been living under a friggin rock? Did he forget how big of an issue the Foles/Wentz thing was? Frankly if you don’t have confidence that Carson was going to stay healthy then you don’t give him the contract to begin with. None of it seemed like a actual plan, but it seemed more like impulsive reactions to situations. Because Wentz got hurt in a playoff game let’s draft a quarterback just in case. Meanwhile this team has holes on the roster everywhere, but we are drafting just in case backups on 9 win team that was in decline. How Howie still has a job after that screwup is beyond me and now here the Eagles are stuck with a quarterback it doesn’t seem like they really want, because they basically outsmarted themselves. 

24 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Everything you wrote I pretty much agree with and frankly should’ve gotten Howie fired. You do not use a 2nd round pick on a quarterback if the intention is to eventually try and flip that player for another pick. No one would give up a 2nd or more for Hurts, because if a perfect world he never would’ve played! Also how do you take a quarterback in the second round without running it through your starter first? I mean it’s not like Wentz was in his mid to late 30s or with a year or two left on his deal. It makes no sense and to not know or anticipate that move could have negative repercussions against that starter is just daft on Howie’s part. What has he been living under a friggin rock? Did he forget how big of an issue the Foles/Wentz thing was? Frankly if you don’t have confidence that Carson was going to stay healthy then you don’t give him the contract to begin with. None of it seemed like a actual plan, but it seemed more like impulsive reactions to situations. Because Wentz got hurt in a playoff game let’s draft a quarterback just in case. Meanwhile this team has holes on the roster everywhere, but we are drafting just in case backups on 9 win team that was in decline. How Howie still has a job after that screwup is beyond me and now here the Eagles are stuck with a quarterback it doesn’t seem like they really want, because they basically outsmarted themselves. 

Agree.  It was a wasted pick when we had bigger needs.  The only way it works out now is if Hurts explodes and we reap the benefits of a low cost rookie contract.  I have my doubts that happens, but we will see soon enough.  In most cases, this one decision would make or break a GM, but this is Philadelphia....

22 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Agree.  It was a wasted pick when we had bigger needs.  The only way it works out now is if Hurts explodes and we reap the benefits of a low cost rookie contract.  I have my doubts that happens, but we will see soon enough.  In most cases, this one decision would make or break a GM, but this is Philadelphia....

Howie has more lives than a house cat. 😂

14 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie has more lives than a house cat. 😂

More like Jeffrey's parrott but yeah ......

19 hours ago, greend said:

Screw off, Falcon fan.  In Philly we hate who we want!!!!! That said it's a joke so mind yo Falcon lovin business.

I don't have to mind my own business since I am a Eagles fan too. 

See unlike you and some of the other hate filled fans on this board, it is possible to follow more than 1 more team. I know it might be hard for someone with limited mental capacity to conceive of this, but open minded people don't limit themselves to singular concepts or ideas.

So you are sticking with it being a joke? At least own up to it!

3 hours ago, Bamabird said:

I don't have to mind my own business since I am a Eagles fan too. 

See unlike you and some of the other hate filled fans on this board, it is possible to follow more than 1 more team. I know it might be hard for someone with limited mental capacity to conceive of this, but open minded people don't limit themselves to singular concepts or ideas.

So you are sticking with it being a joke? At least own up to it!

:roll: gotta.be.a.clone

5 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

It is not always a no brainer. Somehow Mack Hollins is a team captain in Miami and Tua is not.

45 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

It is not always a no brainer. Somehow Mack Hollins is a team captain in Miami and Tua is not.

Geez, an outlier.  That changes everything.  

7 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

He was probably made special teams captain. So really that's a no brainer too. They usually pick a captain from all 3 phases of the game. 

If he was chosen to be the offensive captain or for the wide receivers then all that does is prove how worthless of an honor it is. 

So nothing changes. 

10 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Mac Jones is not a team captain either.

1 hour ago, pallidrone said:

Mac Jones is not a team captain either.

So out of 32 teams, you can come up with two starting QBs (Tua with a bad franchise and a rookie that hasn't even played a game yet)?  Good job.  You are a master sleuth.  

Archived