Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

18 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

So out of 32 teams, you can come up with two starting QBs (Tua with a bad franchise and a rookie that hasn't even played a game yet)?  'Good job.  You are a master sleuth.  

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/22/2021 at 10:26 AM, EagleJoe8 said:

What exactly is different? The last few years where we have had preseason, the starters have still barely played.

For one thing, the practices are not as brutal

5 hours ago, Bamabird said:

I don't have to mind my own business since I am a Eagles fan too. 

See unlike you and some of the other hate filled fans on this board, it is possible to follow more than 1 more team. I know it might be hard for someone with limited mental capacity to conceive of this, but open minded people don't limit themselves to singular concepts or ideas.

So you are sticking with it being a joke? At least own up to it!

I see you like to come out swinging with the new profile

So Mack Hollins was named a captain of the Dolphins, but their starting quarterback Tua wasn’t. So much for all that "every quarterback is always a captain” talk around here. 

17 hours ago, Procus said:

I see you like to come out swinging with the new profile

I will when I see people acting foolish, it's the teacher in me!

17 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

So out of 32 teams, you can come up with two starting QBs (Tua with a bad franchise and a rookie that hasn't even played a game yet)?  Good job.  You are a master sleuth.  

You pretty much just described the Eagles.

On 9/8/2021 at 8:22 AM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Agree.  It was a wasted pick when we had bigger needs.  The only way it works out now is if Hurts explodes and we reap the benefits of a low cost rookie contract.  I have my doubts that happens, but we will see soon enough.  In most cases, this one decision would make or break a GM, but this is Philadelphia....

IF Howie viewed the Hurts pick as backup should Wentz flame out, then it was a good pick.   Otherwise, I'd agree it was a bad pick that may turn out to work in his favor. 

4 hours ago, MF POON said:

IF Howie viewed the Hurts pick as backup should Wentz flame out, then it was a good pick.   Otherwise, I'd agree it was a bad pick that may turn out to work in his favor. 

I still think drafting backups hight in rounds for the purpose of them being backups on a roster lacking talent is just foolishness. If they didn’t believe in Wentz then don’t pay him. 

27 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I still think drafting backups hight in rounds for the purpose of them being backups on a roster lacking talent is just foolishness. If they didn’t believe in Wentz then don’t pay him. 

But Hurts was drafted after Wentz got his payday. He was drafted after the one mediocre season where Wentz stunk, we were fortunate to make the playoffs, and Wentz got hurt in the game.

6 hours ago, Bamabird said:

I will when I see people acting foolish, it's the teacher in me!

:roll:

1 hour ago, MF POON said:

But Hurts was drafted after Wentz got his payday. He was drafted after the one mediocre season where Wentz stunk, we were fortunate to make the playoffs, and Wentz got hurt in the game.

They had questions about Wentz before they paid him. They didn’t have to extend him when they did. Wentz had two years left on his contract. 

Those 4 games last year did wonders for his development.   He's picked right up where he left off.   Great performance Today Jalen.  

:thumbsup:  :Eagle_smiley:

14 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

Those 4 games last year did wonders for his development.   He's picked right up where he left off.   Great performance Today Jalen.  

:thumbsup:  :Eagle_smiley:

He got benched for a better pick? 

52 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Man listening to Hurts and he’s not even happy about how he played. He’s hungry for much more. 

Love the way he comes across.

Obviously too early to declare him the guy, but love what he is showing so far

2 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Love the way he comes across.

Obviously too early to declare him the guy, but love what he is showing so far

It was way too early to completely write him off like some people have around here. A lot of them are real mad over an Eagles win. 

Hurts just made a nice statement to start the season. Let’s see if he can make it a pattern. I have confidence in this guy. He looks like a veteran player out there. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It was way too early to completely write him off like some people have around here. A lot of them are real mad over an Eagles win. 

The sad thing is I think you are right.

Too many waiting for him to fail.

Hopefully he continues to prove the haters wrong,

Just now, Outlaw said:

Hurts just made a nice statement to start the season. Let’s see if he can make it a pattern. I have confidence in this guy. He looks like a veteran player out there. 

Yeah me too. He's a leader and I like his composure. He's still essentially a rookie so he's going to make mistakes but I feel good about him. 

2 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

The sad thing is I think you are right.

Too many waiting for him to fail.

Hopefully he continues to prove the haters wrong,

I’ll give some of them credit, because they manned up and gave him praise at least for this game. Some of them are real quiet though while other are in captain defend a Wentz mode.

I love the haters, i hope they continue. That fueled Jalen's off season and he obviously made strides improving his game to prove all the doubters wrong. Great start, long season but my odds are on Jalen.

40 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

I love the haters, i hope they continue. That fueled Jalen's off season and he obviously made strides improving his game to prove all the doubters wrong. Great start, long season but my odds are on Jalen.

The kid played well today. You know some people will minimize it, but whatever. Jalen played with a quiet confidence today. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The kid played well today. You know some people will minimize it, but whatever. Jalen played with a quiet confidence today. 

He sure did, and as i watch other games and halftime highlights, headlines etc. No mention of Hurts. There praising Darnold, and Burrow, etc. I love it, keeps him on the DL.

1 minute ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

He sure did, and as i watch other games and halftime highlights, headlines etc. No mention of Hurts. There praising Darnold, and Burrow, etc. I love it, keeps him on the DL.

It doesn’t matter if they give him praise. He seems like a determined player. He wants to be better regardless. People might not like Hurts ability, but no one should deny his drive to be better.

Archived