Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

4 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I am not sure what this has to do with me preferring 25 QBs over Hurts, but I am sure these will whip the Hurts Humpers into a frenzy.  I sure it isn't valid info, since it doesn't meet the main Humper's need to always be right.

NFL quarterback rankings, Week 9: Matthew Stafford is unstoppable (fansided.com)

NFL QB Index, Week 9: Matthew Stafford hits top five! What should we expect from Jordan Love?

NFL starting quarterback power rankings entering Week 9 (thecomeback.com)

NFL Week 9 QB Power Rankings: Justin Fields makes major leap, Patrick Mahomes falls to bottom of top 10 - CBSSports.com

Because saying things like "I'd take any other starting QB in the league over him" is just idiotic.  It's also to show he's not doing as poorly as some try to make it out to be.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MF POON said:

Because saying things like "I'd take any other starting QB in the league over him" is just idiotic.  It's also to show he's not doing as poorly as some try to make it out to be.

It’s clear to me that the same people who mercilessly rip Hurts have been ripping the entire franchise since 2018 in the defense of Wentz. Funny how those people have flipped the script and suddenly only blame the quarterback for what is happening out there right now. It’s clear their hate towards Hurts is directly related to their love of a Colts player. They hate that I call them out for their hypocrisy, but that will not stop me from doing it. 

1 minute ago, MF POON said:

These are just lists full of opinions. Your link is no more valuable than any of the ones I responded with.  I would definitely prefer 25 QBs over Hurts because of his low ceiling...that's my opinion.  Just like your opinion that he is doing well enough to be the future.   

The best thing that can happen for the team is that he works out and excels.  I just have my doubts.  We only have a 4-9 record to go on and watching him pile up yards at the backside of games.  

16 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s clear to me that the same people who mercilessly rip Hurts have been ripping the entire franchise since 2018 in the defense of Wentz. Funny how those people have flipped the script and suddenly only blame the quarterback for what is happening out there right now. It’s clear their hate towards Hurts is directly related to their love of a Colts player. They hate that I call them out for their hypocrisy, but that will not stop me from doing it. 

You seriously just lie and sell those lies as facts to try to rally your minions. 

How's this work for you?  Hurts is far from the ONLY issue with this team, but its disingenuous to pretend that his play hasn't been suspect.  Wentz did play poorly at times over his entire tenure and horribly last year and he did force his way out of town.  Hurts and Wentz are two completely different subjects and are no longer tied together, but that doesn't change that every poster has a ranking of QBs and Hurts may or may not be near the top of said list.

Cue up a cute mangina comment now.

11 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

These are just lists full of opinions. Your link is no more valuable than any of the ones I responded with.  I would definitely prefer 25 QBs over Hurts because of his low ceiling...that's my opinion.  Just like your opinion that he is doing well enough to be the future.   

The best thing that can happen for the team is that he works out and excels.  I just have my doubts.  We only have a 4-9 record to go on and watching him pile up yards at the backside of games. 

You're wasting your time.

The Eagles are actively taking the ball out of his hands and the offense is suddenly moving better.

If they can't realize it now, they never will.

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

You seriously just lie and sell those lies as facts to try to rally your minions. 

How's this work for you?  Hurts is far from the ONLY issue with this team, but its disingenuous to pretend that his play hasn't been suspect.  Wentz did play poorly at times over his entire tenure and horribly last year and he did force his way out of town.  Hurts and Wentz are two completely different subjects and are no longer tied together, but that doesn't change that every poster has a ranking of QBs and Hurts may or may not be near the top of said list.

Hurts is playing inconsistent quarterback right now as to be expected with a young 2nd round pick with a rookie head coach. Nothing we see right now as far as his play should get anyone such as yourself to begging to bring back 3 win Wentz yet you do. 

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

You're wasting your time.

The Eagles are actively taking the ball out of his hands and the offense is suddenly moving better.

If they can't realize it now, they never will.

Wrong. I certainly realized it, and have been calling for them to do it for weeks. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Hurts is playing inconsistent quarterback right now as to be expected with a young 2nd round pick with a rookie head coach. Nothing we see right now as far as his play should get anyone such as yourself to begging to bring back 3 win Wentz yet you do. 

Wrong. I certainly realized it, and have been calling for them to do it for weeks. 

No one is begging for Wentz to come back.  However, plenty believe that Wentz is the better QB....including all of the opinion pieces that I linked.

Hump On!

2 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

No one is begging for Wentz to come back.  However, plenty believe that Wentz is the better QB....including all of the opinion pieces that I linked.

Hump On!

You are stating right now that you never once wrote you wish Wentz was back? You never once asked which Gam would take Hurts over Wentz or am I lying about that too? And for the record Wentz is a 6 year vet. Of course he’s better than Hurts right now, but I still don’t want him or any of the excuses back.

Early in the game yesterday, after Hurts badly missed a wide-open Goedert, the TV guy said something to the effect of, "Hitting wide-open receivers is something that Hurts needs to add into his game."  He sounded sincere when he said it.  It didn't seem as though he was joking at all.  What he appeared to mean was exactly what he said - that Hurts needs to build the ability to hit wide-open receivers into his game.

Think about that.

10 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I never said he was doing well enough to be the future. I just don't think he's doing as poorly as some are claiming, and it's still too early to make a decision on him.  By the end of the season we'll have a good idea about whether he can be the starter.

1 minute ago, MF POON said:

I never said he was doing well enough to be the future. I just don't think he's doing as poorly as some are claiming, and it's still too early to make a decision on him.  By the end of the season we'll have a good idea about whether he can be the starter.

Personally I have a lot of doubts Hurts can be the guy, but I think it’s way too soon to say that is a certainty with so many moving parts and issues with this team. It finally seems like the coach is getting the fact Hurts never should’ve had as much on his plate as they were putting on him. Now Hurts needs to find a way to become more consistent. Even if he does the beanbaggers won’t change. They will just wait to his next poor outing to get back to their bashing. 

"First half Sunday, he missed a wide-open Dallas Goedertdown the field while under heavy pressure, and then he missed DeVonta Smith in the end zone, although Smith claims he slipped.

Second half? Hurts was 7-for-8 for 108 yards, with five of the completions going for at least 19 yards, and he ran four times for 32 more yards, leading TD drives of 85 and 78 yards.

It was his work on the Eagles’ final possession that was truly impressive. With the Eagles trailing 24-17, he went 4-for-4, converted two 3rd downs with scrambles and capped the drive with a game-tying 28-yard TD pass to DeVonta Smith while under furious pressure with six minutes left.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/putting-eagles-qb-jalen-hurts-141618855.html

The thing is if the guy had no talent the second part doesn’t happen. Meanwhile he gets blamed when the defense couldn’t even make a friggin stop. Keep at it though beanbaggers and remember when you get your wish for a different quarterback remember to keep blaming that guy only too. 

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

You are stating right now that you never once wrote you wish Wentz was back? You never once asked which Gam would take Hurts over Wentz or am I lying about that too? And for the record Wentz is a 6 year vet. Of course he’s better than Hurts right now, but I still don’t want him or any of the excuses back.

None of what you write makes any sense.  

I have said I'd prefer Wentz over Hurts...so would plenty of others.  Just earlier, I said I'd prefer Herbert over Hurts and then 25 other QBs.  Yeah,  as a response to some other posts, I asked how many GMs would prefer Wentz over Hurts.  I don't get the point.. Your overactive imagination is triggering you again.  The best part of those posts is that you get you whipped up in a lather...EVERY....SINGLE...TIME.

Hump On!

13 minutes ago, MF POON said:

Agree.  We will know by the end of the season, but that doesn't change that he isn't showing much right now.  As I said, the best bet is that he works out and excels, because we need the draft resources for a multitude of other needs.

4 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

None of what you write makes any sense.  

I have said I'd prefer Wentz over Hurts...so would plenty of others.  Just earlier, I said I'd prefer Herbert over Hurts and then 25 other QBs.  Yeah,  as a response to some other posts, I asked how many GMs would prefer Wentz over Hurts.  I don't get the point.. Your overactive imagination is triggering you again.  The best part of those posts is that you get you whipped up in a lather...EVERY....SINGLE...TIME.

Hump On!

It doesn’t make sense, but you admitted I was right while writing I was "lying.” Many you beanbaggers are really confusing. Suck it up. Herbert isn’t you quarterback and Wentz isn’t coming back. Let it go. 

43 minutes ago, MF POON said:

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Personally I have a lot of doubts Hurts can be the guy, but I think it’s way too soon to say that is a certainty with so many moving parts and issues with this team. It finally seems like the coach is getting the fact Hurts never should’ve had as much on his plate as they were putting on him. Now Hurts needs to find a way to become more consistent. Even if he does the beanbaggers won’t change. They will just wait to his next poor outing to get back to their bashing. 

The thing is, people here are saying how great Herbert is in comparison, but Herbert sucked in his past two games against the Patriots and Ravens. Had a combined 53% completion percentage, something like a 5.7 YPA and turned the ball over. He also has a more settled O-Line and two really good established veteran receivers in Allen and Williams. Gannon made him look like Brady mark 2.

With that being said, I would absolutely take him over Hurts. He has established himself as a top 10 QB and Hurts hasn't and may never. 

But people are picking up on every bad play by Hurts and ignoring other QBs who miss wide open guys. 

Hurts need to play the rest of this year. We need to see more. Enough of this we need to bench him to see Siriani's offense (it works pretty well when he commits to the run), Minshew (he is what he is after 25 games - nobody else wanted him), the WRs (Smith is really good, the others - not so much). Or one of the silliest comments I saw - to help out Gannon's D (the O couldn't have helped out much more on Sunday - made no difference).

4 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

The thing is, people here are saying how great Herbert is in comparison, but Herbert sucked in his past two games against the Patriots and Ravens. Had a combined 53% completion percentage, something like a 5.7 YPA and turned the ball over. He also has a more settled O-Line and two really good established veteran receivers in Allen and Williams. Gannon made him look like Brady mark 2.

With that being said, I would absolutely take him over Hurts. He has established himself as a top 10 QB and Hurts hasn't and may never. 

But people are picking up on every bad play by Hurts and ignoring other QBs who miss wide open guys. 

Hurts need to play the rest of this year. We need to see more. Enough of this we need to bench him to see Siriani's offense (it works pretty well when he commits to the run), Minshew (he is what he is after 25 games - nobody else wanted him), the WRs (Smith is really good, the others - not so much). Or one of the silliest comments I saw - to help out Gannon's D (the O couldn't have helped out much more on Sunday - made no difference).

Very true. The people trashing Hurts are just at an insane extreme. They’re literally doing blaming Hurts for everything (like they accused so many people of doing when it came to Wentz, oh and hey idiots FYI I’m not talking about Wentz here. I’m talking about you) when clearly this team has a lot of problems. This is a 4 win football team from last season and they have been on a decline since 2018. This is part of a rebuild with a new coaching staff. Really what were people expecting 12 wins and a Super Bowl appearance? They aren’t a good football team and they haven’t drafted well enough lately. On top of that they were cap strapped thanks to moving Wentz. This wasn’t going to be an overnight success. Andy Reid won five games his first season coming off a season the Eagles won three games prior. That’s the norm and not the anomaly. Most young quarterbacks do not come out as well as Herbert did. Most of them struggle like Daniel Jones and Sam Darnold at least for a season. People here crying and begging for Wentz back and he wasn’t consistent either. Right now we want to see development on this football team. This Chargers game showed development out of the offense. The defense is still a work in progress, but maybe with the coaches having a year under their belts, more cap space, and some draft picks we could see a much bigger jump in the team as a whole (and that includes Hurts) in 2022.

25 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

"First half Sunday, he missed a wide-open Dallas Goedertdown the field while under heavy pressure, and then he missed DeVonta Smith in the end zone, although Smith claims he slipped.

Second half? Hurts was 7-for-8 for 108 yards, with five of the completions going for at least 19 yards, and he ran four times for 32 more yards, leading TD drives of 85 and 78 yards.

It was his work on the Eagles’ final possession that was truly impressive. With the Eagles trailing 24-17, he went 4-for-4, converted two 3rd downs with scrambles and capped the drive with a game-tying 28-yard TD pass to DeVonta Smith while under furious pressure with six minutes left.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/putting-eagles-qb-jalen-hurts-141618855.html

The thing is if the guy had no talent the second part doesn’t happen. Meanwhile he gets blamed when the defense couldn’t even make a friggin stop. Keep at it though beanbaggers and remember when you get your wish for a different quarterback remember to keep blaming that guy only too. 

People weren't blaming Hurts for the loss. Many, if not all of us are pissed at the pathetic defense. 

I said it earlier today, if Hurts could play the way he did at the end of the game yesterday consistently, we would be in a great spot, but he can't. 

Also worth noting that the Chargers are far from a great defense and were down what? 3 corners?

3 minutes ago, Swoop said:

People weren't blaming Hurts for the loss

Oh people weren't but there was one person who was. And no that's not anyone on here but I'm sure you can guess who that was...

4 minutes ago, Swoop said:

People weren't blaming Hurts for the loss. Many, if not all of us are pissed at the pathetic defense. 

I said it earlier today, if Hurts could play the way he did at the end of the game yesterday consistently, we would be in a great spot, but he can't. 

Also worth noting that the Chargers are far from a great defense and were down what? 3 corners?

We don’t know if he can or can’t yet. He’s too early in his career to say. No guarantee the next guy the Eagles put out there will either, and for the record the last quarterback the Eagles had wasn’t consistent every game. The few promises I have right now is first off the coach is taking more off Jalen’s plate. Now he doesn’t have all that responsibility on him perhaps he can now focus on playing the game and improving as a player. Also he’s not consistently turning the ball over and that’s a very good thing. He’s finding ways to move the chains despite his passing deficiencies and again that is a good thing. The last two weeks Herbert has struggled at quarterback and the Eagles have been down Graham all season, total flux at linebacker, and lost their best cornerback in the game, yet I don’t see one of you using that as an excuse for how well Herbert played. The Eagles also had a barely usable Reagor out there coming off an ankle injury. Injuries are part of the game. The Chargers may have had injuries in their secondary, but we have injuries in our offensive line and they Chargers were getting consistent pressure. But again those excuses only work for the opponents and everyone not named Hurts. My bad.

Again I just implore people to go and watch Josh Allen or Lamarr Jackson's early games, Allen in particular was awful for most of 2 seasons, but the Bills stuck with him and they've been rewarded,  I'm not saying Hurts will absolutely definitely become a top end QB what I'm saying is as long as he can keep the turnovers down while he's struggling and keep flashing like he did down the stretch last night, he's worth sticking with. His college career gets disrespected because of what happened with Tua, but his College resume stands favourable comparison with anyone likely to come out this year.

For the record all of this "I want Herbert” crying needs to stop. He was the 6th pick in the draft. The Eagles had the 21st pick that year and had no shot to take him. Imagine if Joe Burrow were here. I can see it now. "Oh no! He threw 2 picks and we got blown out by the Browns! Why can’t we have Carson back! Waaaaaaaaa!” 😂🤣😂🤣😂

16 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Again I just implore people to go and watch Josh Allen or Lamarr Jackson's early games, Allen in particular was awful for most of 2 seasons, but the Bills stuck with him and they've been rewarded,  I'm not saying Hurts will absolutely definitely become a top end QB what I'm saying is as long as he can keep the turnovers down while he's struggling and keep flashing like he did down the stretch last night, he's worth sticking with. His college career gets disrespected because of what happened with Tua, but his College resume stands favourable comparison with anyone likely to come out this year.

Welcome to TATE. The Veruca Salt of patience. 

A3E9E46A-C5BB-4F5F-AFFB-7AC37BE876BE.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Swoop said:

28 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

We don’t know if he can or can’t yet. He’s too early in his career to say. No guarantee the next guy the Eagles put out there will either, and for the record the last quarterback the Eagles had wasn’t consistent every game. The few promises I have right now is first off the coach is taking more off Jalen’s plate. Now he doesn’t have all that responsibility on him perhaps he can now focus on playing the game and improving as a player. Also he’s not consistently turning the ball over and that’s a very good thing. He’s finding ways to move the chains despite his passing deficiencies and again that is a good thing. The last two weeks Herbert has struggled at quarterback and the Eagles have been down Graham all season, total flux at linebacker, and lost their best cornerback in the game, yet I don’t see one of you using that as an excuse for how well Herbert played. The Eagles also had a barely usable Reagor out there coming off an ankle injury. Injuries are part of the game. The Chargers may have had injuries in their secondary, but we have injuries in our offensive line and they Chargers were getting consistent pressure. But again those excuses only work for the opponents and everyone not named Hurts. My bad.

20 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Hurts was always viewed as a developmental QB. Even the positive scouting reports suggested he would need time. He was thrown in last year and although he struggled, the offense at least moved the ball when he was in there.

Look at the jump from one year to the next:

2020 - Hurts - 4 games - 7 turnovers, completion percentage - 52%. Sacked 13 times. PFF rating - 56. QB rating - 78.

2021 - Hurts - 9 games - 6 turnovers - completion percentage - 62% Sacked 15 times. PFF rating 82 (which compares favourably with a lot of "top" QBs) - QB rating 91

Isn't that a big improvement? Now I agree right now he is not consistent enough to be the QB of the future. He still needs to improve. But he isn't as far away as some people think. If he takes another step forward, he may be good enough. His running makes a heck of a difference. Not every QB can evade a free blitzer and pick up the first down on 3rd and long. Hurts can.

I like watching him play and he seems like a really good guy and teammate. He may not make it, but I'm rooting for him.

1 hour ago, MF POON said:

As Tyrone Johnson tweeted, you can win with him, but you can't win because of him.

The Eagles have gone run heavy because they have figured out you can't win with his arm.  We are verging on military academy triple option wish bone stats.  The last two weeks.

85 carries for 412 yards

31 passes for 269 yards.

And if he hits two wide open receivers, we are 2-0.

Archived