Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

26 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Their playing styles and how much they are loved by their teammates and coaches are identical.... Yes Tyrod waited longer for an opportunity, but watching their highlights is a mirror image of one another. 

Also jalen was a second round pick that was drafted to be a high end back up for cheap and will say respectfully has lived up to that need. Tyrod was drafted in the sixth round and has wildly overachieved for a shot in the dark draft pick. You are pretty good at talking about something without any context to make you sound smarter than you really are. Should teach a class in it. 

So one guy is a second round pick and the other is a 6th, but they’re alike? Their careers so far have been nothing like one another, but they’re alike? Yeah okay bud. You boys really do try hard (not really) to hide your bs biases. 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Overall there’s more to football than just size and even skill. We have seen plenty of the big guy/big arm guys come into this league year after year and frankly fail. Arguably the two greatest quarterbacks ever were drafted in the 3rd and 6th rounds so clearly neither guy had all the attributes of what is ASSumed the wreath quarterbacks are supposed to have. How many years now has Arron Rodgers been considered the best yet he has as many SB victories as Nick Foles, Trent Dilfer, Phill Simms, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, and many more average to below average quarterbacks. This idea that you need a certain type of mold of quarterback to win is false. I will add nothing kills a team that has invested so heavily financially on a quarterback than when that quarterback goes down with injury. Anytime Rodgers got hurt (another stupid ASSumption that only running quarterbacks get hurt) his team is basically doomed from that point on, because most of these teams can’t afford to have a solid backup quarterback and often times have to let talented players walk out the door to maintain the cap. 

So much to unpack here, so much wrong. Where to start....

1) What an odd opening statement. Of course good players come in all different sizes, nobody disputes that. Skill takes into account not only physical skills, but mental. The greats of course have both. We've seen plenty of players with deficiencies in one or the other. So, what's your point? Hurts makes so many mental mistakes it doesn't help his lack of physical traits either. 

2) 6th round QB is obviously Brady...who's the 3rd rounder you speak of? I assume Montana?

3) You're really going to compare Rodgers to those other average/journeymen QBs? Many of whom were either carried by a strong defense, or got extremely hot at the right time to win a Super Bowl? For the most part, they are outliers, and shouldn't be how you plan to win. Rodgers gave/gives his team a chance to be deep in the playoffs every year, and playoffs require no small amount of luck to succeed. But the first step is getting your team in a position to play meaningful, deep playoff games. Hurts doesn't give us that. Look what happened against any team with a winning record last year. Look at the playoff game. Total ish show. 

4) Not one single person will claim that pocket QBs don't get hurt. Of course they do. In fact, almost every single NFL player will suffer some significant injury in their career. It just is what it is. But, Rodgers has missed significant time in only 2 seasons, Brady in one. Both are still playing into their late 30s and early 40s. What running QB has had that kind of longevity? There just isn't any. The extra hits they take by running the ball add up, and once their legs and running ability go (and they go, we've seen it happen so often), they have to then rely on their below average passing skills. That's why so many want Hurts to work on his pocket passing, so that when his legs go, he isn't completely worthless. 

5) Yes, when a team's superstar goes down with injury, usually that team is screwed. If Tampa loses Brady, they're screwed. If the Pack lose Rodgers, they're screwed. If the Chargers/Bills/Chiefs lose their QBs, they're screwed for the season. If we lose Hurts.....we're really not that worse off with Minshew. 

33 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Elementary comeback from an elementary man. Telling others to find another team proves you have nothing to add to the discussion. So don't discuss...or to use your logic. You don't like the discussion, find another board

Just tired of the same good ol boy garbage you all spout. You’re mad that Hurts is your quarterback. Guess what? You have no say in the matter.

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Just tired of the same good ol boy garbage

There it is, another one playing the race card.........................

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Just tired of the same good ol boy garbage you all spout. You’re mad that Hurts is your quarterback. Guess what? You have no say in the matter.

Excuse me? Can you please expand on this? 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So one guy is a second round pick and the other is a 6th, but they’re alike? Their careers so far have been nothing like one another, but they’re alike? Yeah okay bud. You boys really do try hard (not really) to hide your bs biases. 

Tyrod first year starting  one game above .500 3035 passing yards 20 TDS, 6Ints  568 rushing 4 tds

Jalen first year starting one game above .500 3144 passing yards, 16 TDS, 9intd 784 rushing 10 tds

Tyrod threw for 4 more tds, 3 less ints in one less start than Jalen. 

Big difference is they didn't build around Tyrod And they definitely went all out to help Jalen. We will see how it plays out. Just watch some film and tell me you aren't seeing the same 6'1 220 QB who runs a bit and only throws around 60% accuracy instead of me having to check things out for you and explain it 

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

He wont

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

And neither do you sir. That's why we are discussing, and not making decisions for the team. We just don't kiss the teams ass because they say so. Also, the good ol boy thing is hot garbage like your points. Most of us wanted multiple other qbs, most non white so you can take that good ol boy crap and shove it up your ass fruitcup

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

I don’t know you.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t know you.

That's irrelevant. 

Own what you said. You think people who don't think Hurts is any good are racists. Explain why you think that. Don't hide. 

I haven't been here in a while, not surprised to see a lot of back n forth nonsense still goes on.

According to Twitter, Hurts is looking quite good. Brown as well.

Any updates on our secondary?

5 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

. If we lose Hurts.....we're really not that worse off with Minshew. 

Not from the reports coming out of camp.  By all accounts Hurts has had an excellent training camp while Minshew has struggled. Practice and real games aren't the same, of course, but there's a lot of optimism around Hurts right now. 

5 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

So much to unpack here, so much wrong. Where to start....

1) What an odd opening statement. Of course good players come in all different sizes, nobody disputes that. Skill takes into account not only physical skills, but mental. The greats of course have both. We've seen plenty of players with deficiencies in one or the other. So, what's your point? Hurts makes so many mental mistakes it doesn't help his lack of physical traits either. 

2) 6th round QB is obviously Brady...who's the 3rd rounder you speak of? I assume Montana?

3) You're really going to compare Rodgers to those other average/journeymen QBs? Many of whom were either carried by a strong defense, or got extremely hot at the right time to win a Super Bowl? For the most part, they are outliers, and shouldn't be how you plan to win. Rodgers gave/gives his team a chance to be deep in the playoffs every year, and playoffs require no small amount of luck to succeed. But the first step is getting your team in a position to play meaningful, deep playoff games. Hurts doesn't give us that. Look what happened against any team with a winning record last year. Look at the playoff game. Total ish show. 

4) Not one single person will claim that pocket QBs don't get hurt. Of course they do. In fact, almost every single NFL player will suffer some significant injury in their career. It just is what it is. But, Rodgers has missed significant time in only 2 seasons, Brady in one. Both are still playing into their late 30s and early 40s. What running QB has had that kind of longevity? There just isn't any. The extra hits they take by running the ball add up, and once their legs and running ability go (and they go, we've seen it happen so often), they have to then rely on their below average passing skills. That's why so many want Hurts to work on his pocket passing, so that when his legs go, he isn't completely worthless. 

5) Yes, when a team's superstar goes down with injury, usually that team is screwed. If Tampa loses Brady, they're screwed. If the Pack lose Rodgers, they're screwed. If the Chargers/Bills/Chiefs lose their QBs, they're screwed for the season. If we lose Hurts.....we're really not that worse off with Minshew. 

That's not really a knock on Hurts though, that's simply due to us having a quality backup. Similiar to how when we had Wentz/Foles, the dropoff wasn't significant, in fact, many wanted Foles to start (like many want Mr. Stache to start).

In regard to all of the other stuff. Yes, many of us want Hurts to improve, but it's funny how some say Hurts simply can't and that he lacks the ability to. I'm not saying anyone here is racist, but we've seen this countless times when comparing Black and White QB's. Just look at all the hate Lamar Jackson has been receiving recently, and that guy won league MVP.  Hurts has had 1 whole season as a starter and fans have already decided he will fail in his second as one.  In reality there is no "hope" from some that he'll succeed, they just want him to fail.  When he played well in preseason, the same people criticizing him simply stayed quiet, or they found a way to nitpick about how he could've played better (I believe he had a perfect qb rating).

The fact that you ridiculed Hurts so much after one playoff game cements my belief, as if Rodgers hasn't failed repeatedly in the playoffs. We also were a crap team last year, so not all the blame goes on Hurts for losses against winning teams.

I find it humorous that philly fans are so critical of a young QB with 1 full year playing and has some areas to improve his game.  He was a developmental player when he was drafted, and he's doing better and better.

After seeing so many 1st round QBs who don't reach their potential, what makes you think any QB the eagles draft will be any better?  Why don't you all STFU and watch and see if Hurts develops even more.   These opinions that Hurts can't win in the playoffs or doesn't give the eagles a chance to go deep in the playoffs are ridiculous.  Nobody knows that right now.  

And don't give me that eye test bullsh--.......that's for clueless  who think they know what they're looking at....

23 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

I find it humorous that philly fans are so critical of a young QB with 1 full year playing and has some areas to improve his game.  He was a developmental player when he was drafted, and he's doing better and better.

After seeing so many 1st round QBs who don't reach their potential, what makes you think any QB the eagles draft will be any better?  Why don't you all STFU and watch and see if Hurts develops even more.   These opinions that Hurts can't win in the playoffs or doesn't give the eagles a chance to go deep in the playoffs are ridiculous.  Nobody knows that right now.  

And don't give me that eye test bullsh--.......that's for clueless  who think they know what they're looking at....

Yes. Let's all shut the f__k up on a discussion board lol nope. We will continue to discuss the most important position in all of sports for the sake of pissing you off. Btw, Hurts developing from worse than most backups to the fringiest of all fringe QBs isn't that great of a development. I know how to stop him as a QB. Ready? Stop him rolling right and .... That's actually about all you need until shown otherwise. 

35 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Btw, Hurts developing from worse than most backups to the fringiest of all fringe QBs isn't that great of a development. I know how to stop him as a QB. Ready? Stop him rolling right and .... That's actually about all you need until shown otherwise. 

Your evaluation of Hurts is an opinion --- one that is not shared by everybody that makes a living in or off the NFL. If it's so easy to "stop" Jalen, then we won't win any games. I'm actually enjoying your EMB contribution. Keep the obsession alive.

5 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Yes. Let's all shut the f__k up on a discussion board lol nope. We will continue to discuss the most important position in all of sports for the sake of pissing you off. Btw, Hurts developing from worse than most backups to the fringiest of all fringe QBs isn't that great of a development. I know how to stop him as a QB. Ready? Stop him rolling right and .... That's actually about all you need until shown otherwise. 

Oh, one of the clueless who don't know what the f--- he's seeing has responded.  We'll let all the DCs in the league know you have the secret to stopping a "fringe QB".  You a a good example of those not knowing what they're talking about when it comes to Hurts.  Worse than most backups??? Just STFU

5 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

Oh, one of the clueless who don't know what the f--- he's seeing has responded.  We'll let all the DCs in the league know you have the secret to stopping a "fringe QB".  You a a good example of those not knowing what they're talking about when it comes to Hurts.  Worse than most backups??? Just STFU

Rookie year 52% completion percentage 6tds/4ints 9fumbles in 4 games. Pretty Fing awful. Thanks for playing you ****, but you aren't good enough to step up to get squashed again so just stay down and stfu

Last year stats 3144 yards, 61.3% 16tds/ints. That's fringe starting numbers. 

20 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Rookie year 52% completion percentage 6tds/4ints 9fumbles in 4 games. Pretty Fing awful. Thanks for playing you ****, but you aren't good enough to step up to get squashed again so just stay down and stfu

If Hurts is as bad as you think he is, why is he starting for the Eagles ahead of Minshew and with the team having multiple other options in the draft/free agency? 

I am really curious as to whether you think it's because the team has a hidden agenda, the gm/coach is too dumb to see what you see, or if you have some other answer in mind. 

Because you spend a lot of time coming up with arguments why he shouldn't be the qb. I am wondering if you have contemplated why the team has a completely different point of view about him? 

4 hours ago, jsb235 said:

If Hurts is as bad as you think he is, why is he starting for the Eagles ahead of Minshew and with the team having multiple other options in the draft/free agency? 

I am really curious as to whether you think it's because the team has a hidden agenda, the gm/coach is too dumb to see what you see, or if you have some other answer in mind. 

Because you spend a lot of time coming up with arguments why he shouldn't be the qb. I am wondering if you have contemplated why the team has a completely different point of view about him? 

They tried multiple times to replace Hurts and just ended up not in the running. Watson and Wilson come to mind. Also tried to trade with jets to make it to Zach Wilson but (and thankfully) were unable to do so. They haven't went for anyone that's been actually available because a minor upgrade isn't worth it. It would be trading a 72 rated for a 76 rated....sure you upgraded....but not really. Hurts will have this year and I think that's where this experiment ends. He has shown flashes as you can see in any highlight film, but they ignore the dumpster fire before and after a and ignore the open receiver that Hurts was unable to see or knew he didn't have the confidence in himself to get it there. It's not hard to find information on them looking elsewhere for a real upgrade. Why waste capital on a minor upgrade when Hurts is cheap and can run a safe offense to keep you competitive until something better comes a long 

5 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Welcome to this season.

7 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Welcome to this season.

Context of what I said. The comment I defended was he was a bad back up that made it to fringe starter and those numbers were showing the bad back up comment. Welcome to the conversation. Next time ask what's going on before intervening 

6 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Context of what I said. The comment I defended was he was a bad back up that made it to fringe starter and those numbers were showing the bad back up comment. Welcome to the conversation. Next time ask what's going on before intervening 

I already know what's going on. I've seen you post before. In case you haven't heard, Hurts was a starter since the last 4 games of 2020. He's not a backup and the whole "fringe" concept is your way of dealing with something you can't control.

18 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I already know what's going on. I've seen you post before. In case you haven't heard, Hurts was a starter since the last 4 games of 2020. He's not a backup and the whole "fringe" concept is your way of dealing with something you can't control.

16 passing TDS in 15 games.  We can all agree Davis Mills in Houston is a fringe type starter I'm the NFL and he had the same amount of passing TDs in FOUR less games. Also had a higher completion percentage. He had more games of 300 yards passing, had one less multiple touchdown game with FOUR less starts on a far worse team. I'm not making the fringe part up. He is closer to falling out of the top twenty than making it into the top ten right now. That's fringe starter.

56 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

They tried multiple times to replace Hurts and just ended up not in the running. Watson and Wilson come to mind. Also tried to trade with jets to make it to Zach Wilson but (and thankfully) were unable to do so. They haven't went for anyone that's been actually available because a minor upgrade isn't worth it. It would be trading a 72 rated for a 76 rated....sure you upgraded....but not really. Hurts will have this year and I think that's where this experiment ends. He has shown flashes as you can see in any highlight film, but they ignore the dumpster fire before and after a and ignore the open receiver that Hurts was unable to see or knew he didn't have the confidence in himself to get it there. It's not hard to find information on them looking elsewhere for a real upgrade. Why waste capital on a minor upgrade when Hurts is cheap and can run a safe offense to keep you competitive until something better comes a long 

I find it hard to understand how you can cast Hurts in such a negative light but at the same time admit that only an established top 10 qb would be an upgrade. 

It seems hard to reconcile, and the fact that he is as good or better than any number of recent first-round picks, including one the team wanted, should have an impact on your opinion of him. 

Archived