Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

58 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

"Race Baiting” is a term used by those who wish to continue their racist acts or beliefs with impunity. If you’re going to use tired old racist troupes for your beliefs and stances then don’t cry like babies when I call you out on it. To put it simply if you don’t act like a scumbag racist then no one will call you one. 

You are race baiting -- because you're inserting race into a conversation where it isn't relevant.

Since 1985, the Eagles have played 37 seasons of NFL football.  Over that time span there have been 336 Eagles games started by black QBs.  That's 9 games per year -- that's the majority of games.  Clearly the organization does not treat race as any determining factor in choosing their starting QB.

You should be discussing whether Hurts' play warrants the enormous contract extension he will be asking for after this season; that is the most important decision the organization will have, and it will decide their trajectory for the next 5+ years.  The other BS you're trying to argue doesn't make any difference to the organization.  

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone has said something racists in their lifetime and if you say you haven't then you're a racist ****ot

10 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

You are race baiting -- because you're inserting race into a conversation where it isn't relevant.

Since 1985, the Eagles have played 37 seasons of NFL football.  Over that time span there have been 336 Eagles games started by black QBs.  That's 9 games per year -- that's the majority of games.  Clearly the organization does not treat race as any determining factor in choosing their starting QB.

History shows race has been an issue in the NFL when it comes to QBs, the belief has been "he can't read a defense", aka he isn't smart enough.

5 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

@Alphagrand He went to the QB guru to fix his motion and improve as a passer. We will see how it goes but you can't say he didn't try. 

That's not a reputable source, and Hurts was evasive when asked directly.  He did say definitively to reporters he did not make any adjustments to his throwing motion.

2 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

That's not a reputable source, and Hurts was evasive when asked directly.  He did say definitively to reporters he did not make any adjustments to his throwing motion.

Sirianni is a reputable source, right?

Nick Sirianni Reveals What Eagles QB Jalen Hurts Worked On in California

He wouldn’t divulge which trainers the 23-year-old saw — Tom House was one rumored name — but Sirianni did reveal that Hurts spent a lot of time drilling fundamentals. More specifically, Hurts worked on setting his feet to improve his accuracy and trajectory on deep throws. All his coaches have been preaching better mechanics and fundamentals.

"He’s really worked his fundamentals, that’s what he went out there to do and we talk about fundamentals all the time,” Sirianni told Paolantonio. "And he went out there to work on his fundamentals, getting his feet right, getting his release right. Fundamentals is our lifeline here as players and coaches, to get better fundamentally means you’re going to take your game to the next level.

"Obviously, with all positions, it’s important, like the way the receivers place their foot coming out of the break, the way Jalen sets his feet to throw to the left or to the right. So everything we can do to get our team better, individually, and we’ll do it collectively, is big and that was big for Jalen. So I’m noticing a big difference.”

Sirianni mentioned that the idea to send Hurts out to California was a group decision. Hurts wanted to do it, and he worked together with Sirianni, Steichen and Eagles quarterbacks coach Brian Johnson to make it happen.

"That was something that he was interested in doing and something that we were interested in doing,” Sirianni said. "So, it was a group effort like a lot of the things that we do here. When we game plan, it’s a group effort. This was a group effort. So, it was fun to organize that together and to be able to work to get him out to southern California to throw.”

7 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Apparently Brian Johnson and Kevin Patullo aren't worth a damn.

OTAs are limited by the CBA. This is a way the team can encourage a player to do additional work, without violating the OTA rules. I'm sure the team would love to have their own coaches work with individual players during the offseason. 

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

"Race Baiting” is a term used by those who wish to continue their racist acts or beliefs with impunity. If you’re going to use tired old racist troupes for your beliefs and stances then don’t cry like babies when I call you out on it. To put it simply if you don’t act like a scumbag racist then no one will call you one. 

Has nothing to do with race. You made it about race. Because it’s 2022 and that’s what’s in fashion these days. The biggest cop out in existence. The race card.

4 hours ago, Texas Eagle said:

Has nothing to do with race. You made it about race. Because it’s 2022 and that’s what’s in fashion these days. The biggest cop out in existence. The race card.

Agreed. Who gives a f

4 hours ago, Texas Eagle said:

Has nothing to do with race, but you dopes are crying like school girls when he led us to the playoffs in basically his first season as a starter. You dopes ASSume he can’t get better based off what? 

20 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

"Some one"....it was me, two posts ago you geek. You keep hiding from me after repeatedly calling me a racist. Let me break it down for you Cletus, RUN FIRST QBS SUCK. All of them. Tim Tebow falls into that too. He sucked too. Randall's best season came when he stayed in the pocket. Vick too. McNabb the same. It has nothing to do with race, it's about playing in the pocket and being a distributor of the ball, not a me-first, run first glory hog. 

"The talented player isn't always the best player"....what in the blue hell does that even mean? Please, break it down for me. 

There's "no competition" between Hurts and Minshew because the coach is a cuck to Howie and Lurie. He preaches how competitive he is, yet, won't allow for an actual competition at the most important position. If Hurts is so clearly better than Minshew, what's the harm in an open comp? He should wipe the floor with him, no? 

Yet, with real world evidence, Minshew crushed the Jets last year. The very week before the Jets game, Hurts lost horribly to very bad Giants team. And Hurts was awful. The rest of the Eagles team was largely the same. 

Do you think that Hurts is closer in talent to Minshew or to let's say, Rodgers? 

Wow dude you are way off the rails. Tebow, Vick, Randall, and McNabb are all the same and basically suck? There’s no competition because the FO said so!?! Any real proof for this preposterous claim? Like show me where Sirianni says his quarterbacks are equal, and show me the proof that someone from the FO actually said that Sirianni can not open the quarterback position to a competition. By the way isn’t Lurie the one who simply loves to throw the football? Doesn’t that alone go against your stupid ASSumption? Wow so the Cunningham era "sucked.” So tell me what era did you like? Was it that Bubby Brister time? How about the Sam Bradford era? Maybe Buttfumble Sanchez? I know that Detmer era  (Ty or Koy) was great right? Nothing like that heir apparent Kolb era! No maybe it was that other heir apparent era quarterback Bobby Hoying! Yeah cause all drop back quarterbacks are awesome aren’t they? Dope… Anyways I noticed you lumped in Tebow with Vick, McNabb, and Cunningham as your "see I’m not racist, because I came at a white guy too” vibe to your post. Well your ID says you are from Toronto so maybe you aren’t familiar with some US history so I’ll fill you in on some. You see there’s this hate group that was established in the south after the Civil War that actually killed white people during the Civil Rights movement. So since they killed white people too do you think that means they aren’t racist? Speaking of the Civil War in America, the South fought for their right to hold, subjugate, and continuously enslave a group of people. They killed a whole lot of white people to try and keep that way of life. Does that mean they weren’t racist? The only time I actually commented on anything you have written as I recall was due to your stupid comment (based on nothing more than your stupid opinion) about the Eagles viewing these two quarterbacks as equals. They most assuredly do not, but I know I’m wasting my time trying to educate you on this. Someone who thinks Tebow, and the Eagles career of Randall Cunning Is basically the same could never understand facts from opinions. Dare I even ask what a "run first quarterback” even is? Is he someone who has more rushes than completions? Is he someone who has more rush yards than pass yards? Is he someone who has plays in the playbook that actually allows the first option for him to run with the football? Well that would mean that Josh Allen would be in that category too. Ultimately the "run first” talk is nothing more than assumed arbitrary bull crap opinions you’re trying to peddle off as facts. 

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You're the lowest common denominator.  

I find it funny the DUM is following his dummy account. 😂😂😂

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The best part of you dried up on the backseat.  

You stalk me like DUM. You’re constantly on my jock like DUM. You’re obsessed with me like DUM. You’re basically DUM. 😂🤣😂

35 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wow dude you are way off the rails. Tebow, Vick, Randall, and McNabb are all the same and basically suck? There’s no competition because the FO said so!?! Any real proof for this preposterous claim? Like show me where Sirianni says his quarterbacks are equal, and show me the proof that someone from the FO actually said that Sirianni can not open the quarterback position to a competition. By the way isn’t Lurie the one who simply loves to throw the football? Doesn’t that alone go against your stupid ASSumption? Wow so the Cunningham era "sucked.” So tell me what era did you like? Was it that Bubby Brister time? How about the Sam Bradford era? Maybe Buttfumble Sanchez? I know that Detmer era  (Ty or Koy) was great right? Nothing like that heir apparent Kolb era! No maybe it was that other heir apparent era quarterback Bobby Hoying! Yeah cause all drop back quarterbacks are awesome aren’t they? Dope… Anyways I noticed you lumped in Tebow with Vick, McNabb, and Cunningham as your "see I’m not racist, because I came at a white guy too” vibe to your post. Well your ID says you are from Toronto so maybe you aren’t familiar with some US history so I’ll fill you in on some. You see there’s this hate group that was established in the south after the Civil War that actually killed white people during the Civil Rights movement. So since they killed white people too do you think that means they aren’t racist? Speaking of the Civil War in America, the South fought for their right to hold, subjugate, and continuously enslave a group of people. They killed a whole lot of white people to try and keep that way of life. Does that mean they weren’t racist? The only time I actually commented on anything you have written as I recall was due to your stupid comment (based on nothing more than your stupid opinion) about the Eagles viewing these two quarterbacks as equals. They most assuredly do not, but I know I’m wasting my time trying to educate you on this. Someone who thinks Tebow, and the Eagles career of Randall Cunning Is basically the same could never understand facts from opinions. Dare I even ask what a "run first quarterback” even is? Is he someone who has more rushes than completions? Is he someone who has more rush yards than pass yards? Is he someone who has plays in the playbook that actually allows the first option for him to run with the football? Well that would mean that Josh Allen would be in that category too. Ultimately the "run first” talk is nothing more than assumed arbitrary bull crap opinions you’re trying to peddle off as facts. 

Matt Stafford

Nick Foles

Pat Mahomes

Peyton Manning

Russ Wilson

Joe Flacco

Eli Manning

Aaron Rodgers

Drew Brees

Big Ben

Eli 

Peyton

Big Ben

Brad Johnson

Trent Dilfer

Kurt Warner

And I'll stop there. Those are, in order, the QBs who have won the Super Bowl. There's one name notably absent, because all the years in between, Tom Brady won. 

What do all of them have in common? (And it's not their skin colour, you mongoloid racist POS).

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You’re DUMb

How is posting in the only thread you post in, stalking?  You just want to be the only one in here?  

Not even going to read your post DUM dummy account. 😂🤣😂

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Not even going to read your post DUM dummy account. 😂🤣😂

There's no doubt if Hurts showed you his wang, you'd be on your knees slurping him in seconds. 

"Rent's DUE!"

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Has nothing to do with race, but you dopes are crying like school girls when he led us to the playoffs in basically his first season as a starter. You dopes ASSume he can’t get better based off what? 

He didn’t lead us to the playoffs. The offensive line and running game did. And the weak ass schedule. 

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

He didn’t lead us to the playoffs. The offensive line and running game did. And the weak ass schedule. 

Yeah there was no one under center but air. 🙄

21 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

There's no doubt if Hurts showed you his wang, you'd be on your knees slurping him in seconds. 

"Rent's DUE!"

I don’t even care who the quarterback is. The funny thing is you’re an "Eagles Fan”, but the only quarterback you were happy about was Nick Foles. The rest of time you were miserable I guess. Stick to being that way. 😂🤣😂

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t even care who the quarterback is. The funny thing is you’re an "Eagles Fan”, but the only quarterback you were happy about was Nick Foles. The rest of time you were miserable I guess. Stick to being that way. 😂🤣😂

I don't have to justify my fandom to some troglodyte like you. Go re-read my post and come back when you have an answer. 

16 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

You should be discussing whether Hurts' play warrants the enormous contract extension he will be asking for after this season; that is the most important decision the organization will have, and it will decide their trajectory for the next 5+ years.  The other BS you're trying to argue doesn't make any difference to the organization.  

Race is relevant due to internal biases that people have concerning this topic.  Again, that doesn't necessarily make one racist,  but when running QB's tend to be Black and are unfairly criticized, while traditional, average, White QB's are given praise and optimism (Strong, Minshew), then race is very much relevant.  There's some anonymous dbag in the league that doesn't even think a prior MVP at the QB position is an actual QB, I wonder why that is?  And Eazy wasn't referring to the FO, he's referring to Eagles fans.

1 minute ago, MF POON said:

Race is relevant due to internal biases that people have concerning this topic.  Again, that doesn't necessarily make one racist,  but when running QB's tend to be Black and are unfairly criticized, while traditional, average, White QB's are given praise and optimism (Strong, Minshew), then race is very much relevant.  There's some anonymous dbag in the league that doesn't even think a prior MVP at the QB position is an actual QB, I wonder why that is?  And Eazy wasn't referring to the FO, he's referring to Eagles fans.

Many of us wanted Russ Wilson or even Watson. Many of us have cheered loudly and proudly for Randall, McNabb, Vick. We don't hate Hurts because he's black. We just don't see him as the future of the franchise, and the sooner we can move on, the better we'll be. It's that simple. Stop trying to make it a race issue, because it's just not. 

Archived