Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

On 8/18/2022 at 10:02 AM, EagleVA said:

When your accuracy is up and down it'll happen to any QB, this is what's hampering Hurts more than his run right antics. 

I agree, but more than accuracy issues, Hurts biggest issues is his lack of an ability to understand anticipation throws. He’s was taking too long to recognize what he’s seeing from defenses and taking too long to hit his spots. This is an experience issue and not a talent issue though. 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some one mentioned that the talented difference between Minshew and Hurts is negligible. Sorry to break it to you, but this is your perception and not the Eagles,reality. If the Eagles truly thought these two players were on the same level then there would no doubt be a quarterback competition for the job. The Eagles do not view these two players as equals and not by a long shot despite what some of you couch GMs think. Also when are some of you finally going to realize that the talented player isn’t always the best player? Just look at the win/loss percentages of Wentz and Foles as quarterbacks for the Eagles and you will see one guy won a much higher percentage of games than the other guy despite his clearer lack of talent. Anyways continue on your "running quarterbacks are great unless they look like Randall Cunningham, Mike Vick, Lamar Jackson, and Jalen Hurts” totally not racist Jimmy the Greek like comments. 

21 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Some one mentioned that the talented difference between Minshew and Hurts is negligible. Sorry to break it to you, but this is your perception and not the Eagles,reality. If the Eagles truly thought these two players were on the same level then there would no doubt be a quarterback competition for the job. The Eagles do not view these two players as equals and not by a long shot despite what some of you couch GMs think. Also when are some of you finally going to realize that the talented player isn’t always the best player? Just look at the win/loss percentages of Wentz and Foles as quarterbacks for the Eagles and you will see one guy won a much higher percentage of games than the other guy despite his clearer lack of talent. Anyways continue on your "running quarterbacks are great unless they look like Randall Cunningham, Mike Vick, Lamar Jackson, and Jalen Hurts” totally not racist Jimmy the Greek like comments. 

"Some one"....it was me, two posts ago you geek. You keep hiding from me after repeatedly calling me a racist. Let me break it down for you Cletus, RUN FIRST QBS SUCK. All of them. Tim Tebow falls into that too. He sucked too. Randall's best season came when he stayed in the pocket. Vick too. McNabb the same. It has nothing to do with race, it's about playing in the pocket and being a distributor of the ball, not a me-first, run first glory hog. 

"The talented player isn't always the best player"....what in the blue hell does that even mean? Please, break it down for me. 

There's "no competition" between Hurts and Minshew because the coach is a cuck to Howie and Lurie. He preaches how competitive he is, yet, won't allow for an actual competition at the most important position. If Hurts is so clearly better than Minshew, what's the harm in an open comp? He should wipe the floor with him, no? 

Yet, with real world evidence, Minshew crushed the Jets last year. The very week before the Jets game, Hurts lost horribly to very bad Giants team. And Hurts was awful. The rest of the Eagles team was largely the same. 

Do you think that Hurts is closer in talent to Minshew or to let's say, Rodgers? 

On 8/19/2022 at 7:49 AM, EazyEaglez said:

Just tired of the same good ol boy garbage you all spout. You’re mad that Hurts is your quarterback. Guess what? You have no say in the matter.

Are you ever going to address this comment @EazyEaglez, or are you going to hide after race baiting ??

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

"Some one"....it was me, two posts ago you geek. You keep hiding from me after repeatedly calling me a racist. Let me break it down for you Cletus, RUN FIRST QBS SUCK. All of them. Tim Tebow falls into that too. He sucked too. Randall's best season came when he stayed in the pocket. Vick too. McNabb the same. It has nothing to do with race, it's about playing in the pocket and being a distributor of the ball, not a me-first, run first glory hog. 

"The talented player isn't always the best player"....what in the blue hell does that even mean? Please, break it down for me. 

There's "no competition" between Hurts and Minshew because the coach is a cuck to Howie and Lurie. He preaches how competitive he is, yet, won't allow for an actual competition at the most important position. If Hurts is so clearly better than Minshew, what's the harm in an open comp? He should wipe the floor with him, no? 

Yet, with real world evidence, Minshew crushed the Jets last year. The very week before the Jets game, Hurts lost horribly to very bad Giants team. And Hurts was awful. The rest of the Eagles team was largely the same. 

Do you think that Hurts is closer in talent to Minshew or to let's say, Rodgers? 

Hurts uses his running game the way minshew uses the short passing game.  Both are ball control QBs, but one gives more highlight film vs the other. I personally like Minshew's game more for today's NFL, but the coaches prefer Hurts. I don't know if it's because of scheme or draft capital, but either way they have a preference. I don't know if run first offense can win you 13 games, but it showed last year it can win you 9-10 and for most fans, that will be enough to defend Hurts no matter what. Hopefully Hurts gets some anticipation into his passing game and continues to work on the middle of the field. His completion percentage will go up to the 64% range if he does so which is enough most days. Also hopefully Howie continues to collect draft capital to cash in if he reverts. My money is on the next draft, but I will never want the eagles to lose to prove my opinion right. Fly Eagles Fly

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Are you ever going to address this comment @EazyEaglez, or are you going to hide after race baiting ??

You know he is waiting for new topics so he can act like that crap never left his keyboard

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Must live a sad life to go around race baiting. By doing so, you’re extrapolating the very issue you’re accusing us of.

Pathetic.

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Wait aren’t you the same guy who told me that there were "tweets saying that Hurts was struggling in practice?” So tell me DUM why are you so excited to see Carson Strong play where there has been numerous tweets telling us the same thing about him. In fact he’s been so bad he can’t even beat out Sinnett. Hmmmmm.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wait aren’t you the same guy who told me that there were "tweets saying that Hurts was struggling in practice?” So tell me DUM why are you so excited to see Carson Strong play where there has been numerous tweets telling us the same thing about him. In fact he’s been so bad he can’t even beat out Sinnett. Hmmmmm.

Don't deflect, address your race baiting comment.

What do you mean by "the same good ol boy garbage"

Hurts has done everything right in the offseason and the team has been built up around him. I hope he does well but I'm glad we have Minshew in case he does not or gets injured. He's going on start number 21 and he put up 26 TDs and about 4k yards in 15 games last year. If he takes a step up it might be a big one. If not we will root for the next guy.

I don't want to pay Lamar Jackson 47 million a year and I don't want to pay Hurts unless he can be better than Jackson. Lets hope he is.

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Anyways continue on your "running quarterbacks are great unless they look like Randall Cunningham, Mike Vick, Lamar Jackson, and Jalen Hurts” totally not racist Jimmy the Greek like comments. 

Here's the story, some "running QBs" have to run because they're playing behind a horrible OLs, Randall was a perfect example of that, looking at 6 seasons he played with the EAgles he was sacked a total of 337 times, that's an average of 56 sacks per year, 72 and 60 were his highs.  Mind you, Randall was a very mobile QB, this says he was playing behind awful OLs and he had to run.

When he went to Minny, his highest sack year was 20, that's the year where they broke the NFL scoring record at the time.

There are other QBs that run when they don't have to run and Hurts leads the pack in that area, Hurts needs to learn how to maneuver in the pocket, that's really what sets QB apart as far as I'm concerned and the funny thing about maneuvering in the pocket ,you don't have to be a great runner to do so. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Anyways continue on your "running quarterbacks are great unless they look like Randall Cunningham, Mike Vick, Lamar Jackson, and Jalen Hurts” totally not racist Jimmy the Greek like comments. 

@Shalodeep @TorontoEagle I missed this until EagleVA quoted it.

More race baiting from EazyEaglez

17 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yep. It's the calling card of a cowardly moron who has no other arguments to make.

What a world it must be to associate criticism of a black athlete to instant racism. Sad. 

43 minutes ago, downundermike said:

His favorite two go to..... Race-baiting and coaches are doing this so you are wrong.... Doesn't have much depth to him to need to immediately go to race or hide behind the coaches....oh wait and, find another team lol 

48 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Here's the story, some "running QBs" have to run because they're playing behind a horrible OLs, Randall was a perfect example of that, looking at 6 seasons he played with the EAgles he was sacked a total of 337 times, that's an average of 56 sacks per year, 72 and 60 were his highs.  Mind you, Randall was a very mobile QB, this says he was playing behind awful OLs and he had to run.

I'm not a fan of running QBs but I think EagleVA is correct here, A QB behind an awful OLine is going to become David Carr or worse if he can't run away from the rushers.

"Race Baiting” is a term used by those who wish to continue their racist acts or beliefs with impunity. If you’re going to use tired old racist troupes for your beliefs and stances then don’t cry like babies when I call you out on it. To put it simply if you don’t act like a scumbag racist then no one will call you one. 

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Don't deflect, address your race baiting comment.

What do you mean by "the same good ol boy garbage"

So ignore your clear bias to address your poor attempt to hide it? I’ve done that now so explain to me the difference on why you’re ignoring the reports on Strong while taking the negative reports on Hurts as gospel? 

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Hurts has done everything right in the offseason and the team has been built up around him. I hope he does well but I'm glad we have Minshew in case he does not or gets injured. He's going on start number 21 and he put up 26 TDs and about 4k yards in 15 games last year. If he takes a step up it might be a big one. If not we will root for the next guy.

I don't want to pay Lamar Jackson 47 million a year and I don't want to pay Hurts unless he can be better than Jackson. Lets hope he is.

Are you talking about total or passing?

He still needs to stay in the clean pocket and stop bailing though

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So ignore your clear bias to address your poor attempt to hide it? I’ve done that now so explain to me the difference on why you’re ignoring the reports on Strong while taking the negative reports on Hurts as gospel? 

You have not addressed it at all.  Your cop out post does nothing.

You keep trying to put it on race,  you forget, most of us wanted Russel Wilson, most of us wanted DeShaun Watson.

It is about a RB masquerading as a QB.  I want an actual QB, and I don't care what his background is, I only care about what he can do with his right arm ( and yes, I am an armist, I hate lefties )

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Frankly, that remains to be seen.  He should have been sent into the offseason with clear instructions from the Eagles brass -- develop your pre-snap recognition skills and improve your throwing motion so that you're winning games with your arm, and augmenting those skills with your legs.  I haven't seen any evidence he's done those things.

He told the Eagles media he's made no adjustments to his throwing motion; that's been evident by the snippets we've seen from camp.  His numbers should take a rise just from having the talent increase from Reagor to AJ Brown.  The biggest determining factor will be whether Hurts is a QB who wins games in the 4th quarter or loses games by making costly mistakes.  The defense was bad enough against the good teams last year we didn't see ample evidence either way.

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You have not addressed it at all.  Your cop out post does nothing.

You keep trying to put it on race,  you forget, most of us wanted Russel Wilson, most of us wanted DeShaun Watson.

It is about a RB masquerading as a QB.  I want an actual QB, and I don't care what his background is, I only care about what he can do with his right arm ( and yes, I am an armist, I hate lefties )

Well if his right arm is throwing into triple coverage, stalled drives, and turnovers what the heck is that doing for this football team? You’re saying he’s masquerading as a quarterback? That’s a bull crap. He’s a young players trying to get better. He either will or he won’t, and your preconceived prejudices aren’t going to change the fact he’s the Eagles quarterback. You don’t care if a guy can actually play quarterback as long as he can sit there like a statue and look how you think he’s supposed to look doing it right handed. Don’t care if he loses as long as he LOOKS LIKE HES SUPPOSED TO DOING IT right? How the heck were you ever an Eagles fan when most of their quarterbacks for the last 40 years never fit your basic mold of what you ASSume they’re supposed to be? 

43 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

"Race Baiting” is a term used by those who wish to continue their racist acts or beliefs with impunity. If you’re going to use tired old racist troupes for your beliefs and stances then don’t cry like babies when I call you out on it. To put it simply if you don’t act like a scumbag racist then no one will call you one. 

And who gets to decide who's a "scumball racist"? Some are obvious, in other cases I think it's a case of we hear what we want to hear and what fits our agenda. "You're a racist!!" because I don't like what you're saying, skin color having little or nothing to do with it.

11 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

And who gets to decide who's a "scumball racist"? Some are obvious, in other cases I think it's a case of we hear what we want to hear and what fits our agenda. "You're a racist!!" because I don't like what you're saying, skin color having little or nothing to do with it.

The ‘you’re racist’ and ‘you are a race baiter’ comments are quite similar.

Problem is this is not a topic to have a fair conversation over and if it’s just trading insults we can leave it to every once in a while I guess..

6 minutes ago, Infam said:

The ‘you’re racist’ and ‘you are a race baiter’ comments are quite similar.

Problem is this is not a topic to have a fair conversation over and if it’s just trading insults we can leave it to every once in a while I guess..

They are and both are superficially about race, if that. Anything more belongs in CVON.

Archived