Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

45 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Yeah he had 12 good games 3 years ago. Awesome. We should bring in AJ Green and Antonio Brown, they were really good 3 years ago too!

Are you dense?

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

I don’t disagree with any of that. That doesn’t change any of the other problems on this team. Hurts wasn’t any better of a passer but could shock the packers defense because he’s more mobile. That’s the only difference between hurts and wentz so far. 

Has anyone suggested that there are not problems on the team besides Wentz?  Like even 1 person?

People think Jeffrey shouldn't play and that Peters should be benched...that doesn't mean they think those are the only issues.

5 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Are you dense?

No sense in arguing with them, they have made their decision.  Just let it play out, doesn't take a genius to see how this is going to go.

I have a feeling this is a lot of cult of Foles still bitter he was let go, and will have Carson no matter what he does.

As former idiot RTK used to say, they are gonna regret running Carson out of town.

13 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Lol. If I told you we played two QBs and he did:
Missed high. Sacked. threw an interception. 

Which qb would you think it was? 

If you told me he delivered a deep ball accurately to Reagor and threw a long, accurate TD pass, then I’d know it wasn’t Wentz. 

13 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

If you told me he delivered a deep ball accurately to Reagor and threw a long, accurate TD pass, then I’d know it wasn’t Wentz. 

If hurts started 5 weeks ago this team is at worst 6-5-1 right now and headed to the playoffs  

im glad that didn’t happen and it’s playing out the way it is because we need Howie fired after another terrible season and we need those high draft picks from a competent talent evaluator 

16 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Has anyone suggested that there are not problems on the team besides Wentz?  Like even 1 person?

People think Jeffrey shouldn't play and that Peters should be benched...that doesn't mean they think those are the only issues.

Yes they have suggested it’s all wentz and the team would instantly be better with hurts. 

29 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

His arm was hit on the interception. He's stepping into his throws, which Wentz doesn't do so that's something at least. It's pretty bad that the bar for Eagles starting quarterback is actually throwing a football properly. 

29 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Are you dense?

No lies detected bro. Wentz is the worst starting quarterback in football and it's really not even close. He can't even throw a football properly. Falling back on "well he was really good 3 years ago" is weak sauce. 

15 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Again, give all the other QBs what Wentz has. Then see. 

The guy is making too much money to use that excuse. Yeah, if he had elite WR's and a great O-line he'd look really good, but so would most QBs in the league. Carson was supposed to be so good that he could get by with mostly avg players (like McNabb), yet he's not even on Donovan's level.  I could accept losing due to not having enough around him, but we've been losing because of his play, which is unacceptable.

One thing I don’t get, is why some people are acting like Hurts is a finished product? He’s going to improve. Wentz on the other hand is in his 5th year and needs some sort of mental rejuvenation.

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

No lies detected bro. Wentz is the worst starting quarterback in football and it's really not even close. He can't even throw a football properly. Falling back on "well he was really good 3 years ago" is weak sauce. 

I guess you completely missed the context of the first post

Someone said he's always sucked. He hasn't. He's sucked this year but to say he's always sucked is a blatant and bias as hell lie. He didn't even suck last year when he had scrubs to throw to

27 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No sense in arguing with them, they have made their decision.  Just let it play out, doesn't take a genius to see how this is going to go.

I have a feeling this is a lot of cult of Foles still bitter he was let go, and will have Carson no matter what he does.

As former idiot RTK used to say, they are gonna regret running Carson out of town.

Honestly I have no idea how anyone could watch every snap Wentz has taken this year and think to themselves "That's a damn fine NFL quarterback right there. Give me more of that". He's not just bad, he's historically bad. You can blame the line, the receivers, the play calling but his mechanics and decision making are fundamentally broken. He can't even hit a wide open Miles Sanders on a 5 yard screen pass. I have no idea what games you Wentz fans are watching but let me know if the Eagles do well in the playoffs and super bowl this year in the alternate reality you guys are privy to. 

13 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

No I'm not blinded by Wentz hate to see that a QB, even a good one requires some help. Someone that knows how to do this thing called blocking for one. I've seen both Hurts and Wentz play, I prefer Wentz. 

You prefer QB who played like trash all season with leading league in sacks and turnovers and gets constant 3 and outs? O...kay.

13 hours ago, brkmsn said:

At this point, it doesn't matter. I don't agree with the decision today because it lingers forever after. This team is toast. Pederson threw Wentz under the bus for his own failure as a play-caller and inability to problem solve in game situations. This team probably just wasn't going to overcome all the problems this year, but Pederson just added more. He's a bonehead. We are now "all in" with Hurts for the future. 

This benching needed to happen. Wentz can't go unpunished for his bad play.

5 minutes ago, Gannan said:

His arm was hit on the interception. He's stepping into his throws, which Wentz doesn't do so that's something at least. It's pretty bad that the bar for Eagles starting quarterback is actually throwing a football properly. 

I don’t blame him at all for the interception. If wentz threw that though the comments would be get rid of the ball faster so your arm doesn’t get hit. That pick is 100 percent on the sheety oline I’ve been complaining about all year. 

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

I guess you completely missed the context of the first post

Someone said he's always sucked. He hasn't. He's sucked this year but to say he's always sucked is a blatant and bias as hell lie. He didn't even suck last year when he had scrubs to throw to

Ok my bad. He hasn't always sucked. My thing is that he's not the same quarterback he was before he got hurt. He's physically not the same and it shows every time he throws. The only reason to keep Wentz is the belief that he can somehow be the guy he was 3 years ago. I don't see that as even remotely possible. 

1 minute ago, 20dawk4life said:

I don’t blame him at all for the interception. If wentz threw that though the comments would be get rid of the ball faster so your arm doesn’t get hit. That pick is 100 percent on the sheety oline I’ve been complaining about all year. 

The line isn't good but Wentz holds on to the ball way too long. I think if we approach the off season with the belief that if we just improve the line, Wentz will be much better, we will be in for another bitterly disappointing season. 

Honestly I have no idea how anyone could watch every snap Wentz has taken this year and think to themselves "That's a damn fine NFL quarterback right there. Give me more of that". He's not just bad, he's historically bad. You can blame the line, the receivers, the play calling but his mechanics and decision making are fundamentally broken. He can't even hit a wide open Miles Sanders on a 5 yard screen pass. I have no idea what games you Wentz fans are watching but let me know if the Eagles do well in the playoffs and super bowl this year in the alternate reality you guys are privy to. 

He's bad in part because he's not getting enough protection and his receivers aren't open. 

But he does look like he forgot how to play football...    

1 minute ago, jsdarkstar said:

I guess Doug has to get permission from Howie. Still undecided.

I have no idea how this organization functions but something is way off. Howie needs to go back to the basement doing inventory of medical supplies. 

Just now, Dave Moss said:

He's bad in part because he's not getting enough protection and his receivers aren't open. 

But he does look like he forgot how to play football...    

His receivers are open. That's part of the problem. He's not reading the field. He definitely forgot his mechanics. 

2 minutes ago, Gannan said:

The line isn't good but Wentz holds on to the ball way too long. I think if we approach the off season with the belief that if we just improve the line, Wentz will be much better, we will be in for another bitterly disappointing season. 

Yea but how many times did romo show that we see he’s holding it too long but the receivers aren’t even close to open. I’m not saying wentz is or isn’t a problem. I’m just saying he or Hurts won’t be able to reach their potential behind this crap oline with a high school level offense from Doug. 

5 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I believe Wentz is shell shocked from being the most sacked QB in the NFL. He's lost the confidence to step up into the pocket. It effects his ability to make good decisions and throw the ball accurately. While Wentz has played very poorly, so has the O Line and WR's. It's a group effort of futility. Wentz is not 100% at fault for the offenses failures. 

2 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Yea but how many times did romo show that we see he’s holding it too long but the receivers aren’t even close to open. I’m not saying wentz is or isn’t a problem. I’m just saying he or Hurts won’t be able to reach their potential behind this crap oline with a high school level offense from Doug. 

You're right, Hurts won't fix the other problems with the team.  But in the NFL the emphasis is always on the HC and QB.  Teams change QBs for a spark, it happens.  They've made changes at other positions too but they don't get the same hype or attention.  

Ok my bad. He hasn't always sucked. My thing is that he's not the same quarterback he was before he got hurt. He's physically not the same and it shows every time he throws. The only reason to keep Wentz is the belief that he can somehow be the guy he was 3 years ago. I don't see that as even remotely possible. 

Agree to disagree. I think it's a collective of things. He has no Oline, Doug has been crap with play calling all season, he has no run game because Doug wont run it, Duce keeps taking Sanders out and putting in Scott and Clement, his receivers were in and out of the inactive list, they also are not getting separation, on top of that for awhile there they wasted snaps on JJAW. Now they waste snaps on Alshon.

Doug was saying for months how he would run the ball more, do more roll outs, simplify the offense, and a few other things to help his struggling QB. He never did

I think any QB would suffer under those conditions 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Gannan said:

His receivers are open. That's part of the problem. He's not reading the field. He definitely forgot his mechanics. 

He can't step up in the pocket to make throws downfield because the pocket is collapsing too soon.  That's what it looks like to my weary eye.

Archived