Time to put Howie back in the basement? - Discuss Howie Roseman here

ToDie4Eagles

If we dare draft a quarterback, period!

I hear the talk about Fields and Lance and Jones and Trask BUT that is exactly how we set Wentz of for failure!!! Instead of getting him the O line help he needed or WR etc weapons, we drafted another freakin quarterback! Not to mention LB Taylor, what a wasted pick!

All that did was steal from what He needed and put pressure looking over his shoulder! Heck we’d have been begging for Sudfeld(Ha!) if he was #2 when Wentz sucked! Imagine if we drafted Jefferson, and guards in round 2 and 3! May have been a totally different outcome!

Give Hurts some help!!!!! If he sucks this year, then we can get a QB next year!!! I’m sure we will have a great pick next year if so.

I am convinced great teams draft guaranteed starters rounds 1-3 every year if they want to be consistently competitive. Take the consistent guy, most likely to translate to the pros, and not the dumb D Taylor, S Jones project types hoping to outpick your draft slot.

Give Hurts what he needs so he has a chance to excell! That means Chase or Smith #1 or trade down for Pitts etc

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

c'moooon man, there were plenty of posts on here that said we screwed the pooch picking Reagor ahead of Jefferson, most of the mocks had us taking Jefferson, all the draft analysts said they expected Jefferson, but most of them will wish Reagor well because for good or ill that's the pick that our confederacy of dunces FO made.

I actually agree about taking a receiver at 6, but I could see Pitts and wouldn't mind that

Maybe Reagor kicks on with a new coaching staff, but his first season was not that promising, his chief asset of speed looks like a myth and his route running was average, his entire scouting report was based on the Horned Frogs QB's holding him back and yet he made it look more like he had one outlier good year.

I was totally on board with picking Jefferson and was one of only a handful of people defending the idea for the month leading up to the draft. Everybody expected us to get a WR and virtually every mock draft had us getting Jefferson. The problem was that the fan base in general wasn't on board with him. The main argument against him was that he played slot his final season and that you simply don't draft a slot WR in round 1. I argued that he had played outside the season before and that he could be moved out there in our offense if we needed him there. But I also didn't mind plugging him in at Slot if both DJax and Jeffery were healthy (and playing well). I was hopeful Jeffery would return and be a factor since we were stuck with him, but I was wrong. We're all wrong sometimes, but there were a lot of voices on the EMB that were wrong about Jefferson and now people are revising history. 

As for Reagor, I think things should be a lot smoother this year, even with the new staff and offense. Last year, we kind of forced Reagor out of Z late in camp to play X to begin the season in place of Jeffery. So he spent time learning both instead of really focusing on where he was drafted to play. The camp shoulder injury and the thumb injury combined to further slow his progress. Instead of taking advantage of his punt return ability, the coaches chose to stick with the safe option in Ward and saw no spark from our punt return game. So, I do feel he was mishandled as a rookie here, but at least he did get valuable experience and played enough for things to begin slowing down. We kept Morrehead on the staff, so the young WRs should already have a comfort level heading in to camp, so they can focus on their game instead of familiarity. Also,  I hope all our WRs do the camp thing with Hurts --- it can help a lot. 

There's an article up on NFL.com that grades the 2020 draft based essentially on games played ands starts. The Eagles, not surprisingly, ranked 28th of the 32 teams. Another stinky feather in Howie's cap. 

link: https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-nfl-rookie-report-card-ranking-each-team-s-class-1-to-32

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

There's an article up on NFL.com that grades the 2020 draft based essentially on games played ands starts. The Eagles ,not surprisingly, ranked 28th of the 32 teams. Another stinky feather in Howie's cap. 

28 out of 32? There must be something wrong here, no way we did that good...

• Haha 1

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

28 out of 32? There must be something wrong here, no way we did that good...

Well, they counted the games played for Washington by that scrub 7th round LB'er the Eagles cut. I think that got them up from 32nd.

Loseman is the king of self preservation. Drafting a QB at 6 would give him even more security/time so it’s what I expect to happen at this point in time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, no1birdsfan said:

Loseman is the king of self preservation. Drafting a QB at 6 would give him even more security/time so it’s what I expect to happen at this point in time. 

You are absolutely right! Because I think some of the fan base would get on board with some of the QBs who they may land at #6, Lurie will no doubt be involved too so that will make him feel good and then Howie buys himself a couple of years at least whilst the rookie QB develops. Loseman (I like that) is the master and the king of self preservation. All he needs to do is buy himself another year or two at a time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You are absolutely right! Because I think some of the fan base would get on board with some of the QBs who they may land at #6, Lurie will no doubt be involved too so that will make him feel good and then Howie buys himself a couple of years at least whilst the rookie QB develops. Loseman (I like that) is the master and the king of self preservation. All he needs to do is buy himself another year or two at a time.

4 hours ago, no1birdsfan said:

Howie Roseman could draft a golfer on the senior tour with the 6th pick in the draft and Lurie would still defend him. I don’t see him on any hot seat of any kind. Remember the last time Lurie spoke he gushed over Howie and basically defended nearly all the moves. Howie has mind control over Jeff. 

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie Roseman could draft a golfer on the senior tour with the 6th pick in the draft and Lurie would still defend him. I don’t see him on any hot seat of any kind. Remember the last time Lurie spoke he gushed over Howie and basically defended nearly all the moves. Howie has mind control over Jeff. 

Mind control or Pictures that Lurie doesn't want shown.   Or....an inappropriate relationship between the two?   Something is up because no one who performs as badly as Howie can be defended as strongly by Lurie without other factors that come into play.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vman1968 said:

Mind control or Pictures that Lurie doesn't want shown.   Or....an inappropriate relationship between the two?   Something is up because no one who performs as badly as Howie can be defended as strongly by Lurie without other factors that come into play.   

Something is definitely strange there, but no rumors of an inappropriate relationship between the two has ever come out at all. It’s definitely a head scratcher how Howie keeps screwing up, but keeps getting chances. 

11 hours ago, brkmsn said:

As for Reagor, I think things should be a lot smoother this year, even with the new staff and offense. 

I think what we saw last year is what we're going to see in the future, he seems to have no interest in the ball being thrown his way because he showed no aggression in making the catch, even when he had a step on the defender he lollygagged while tracking the ball.

2 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I think what we saw last year is what we're going to see in the future, he seems to have no interest in the ball being thrown because he showed no aggression in making the catch, even when he had a step on the defender he lollygagged while tracking the ball.

Having a coach that uses him right and a QB that is not total garbage will certainly help Reagor.

25 minutes ago, Infam said:

Having a coach that uses him right and a QB that is not total garbage will certainly help Reagor.

Let's hope so but I'd be surprised, his issues seem to be a lack of effort, aka a desire to be the best he can be.

8 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I think what we saw last year is what we're going to see in the future, he seems to have no interest in the ball being thrown his way because he showed no aggression in making the catch, even when he had a step on the defender he lollygagged while tracking the ball.

Like always, you nailed it exactly. He just likes to come into the game for a jog now and then and mess with you. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, no1birdsfan said:

I wouldn't be surprised. Then it's up to the coaches to pick the right QB and make it work. 

QB and/or Coach: easy scapegoat. 

18 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Lurie: well, in Howie's defense the other teams took all the guys on our board. 

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

Lurie: well, in Howie's defense the other teams took all the guys on our board. 

:lol:

I mean unfortunately that's a defense that will forever hold true. 

43 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean unfortunately that's a defense that will forever hold true. 

Yeah even if other teams draft those guys after Howie’s picks too. 😂

• Like 1

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah even if other teams draft those guys after Howie’s picks too. 😂

They just ignore those bud. If they ignore it long enough it'll go away...

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They just ignore those bud. If they ignore it long enough it'll go away...

They might ignore it, but I’ll never forget Danny Watkins or Marcus Smith. There’s more to list as you know, but it would take too long.

• Like 2