Time to put Howie back in the basement? - Discuss Howie Roseman here

ToDie4Eagles

12 hours ago, NOTW said:

Also, will we have a repeat of a scout furious at him and Howie's confused reaction?

Milton was a nice pick. As long as Roseman is right he may piss off a clueless scout all day long. 🤷🏻

3 hours ago, Infam said:

Milton was a nice pick. As long as Roseman is right he may piss off a clueless scout all day long. 🤷🏻

Agree, it was weird because that was actually a decent pick. Nevertheless, it's hilarious and a bad look for the "great collaboration" when a scout chosen to be in the draft room does that on national TV.

Please don't be too smart tonight, Howie. Get two really good Defensive players in the first round. Please!! 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Please don't be too smart tonight, Howie. Get two really good Defensive players in the first round. Please!! 

I hope he kind of Howie’s himself back into the first round and makes three first day picks. Two first day defenders and a receiver would be nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I hope he kind of Howie’s himself back into the first round and makes three first day picks. Two first day defenders and a receiver would be nice.

Yep, trade up to 32 and lock in that 5th year option on Desmond Ridder

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Yep, trade up to 32 and lock in that 5th year option on Desmond Ridder

What do you mean bud? Pickett is about to fall in their lap. 😂

Can we really complain about what Howie has done so far? If he can get anything for Reagor at this point it would be a miracle.

Davis BPA type pick, but don't like trading a 4th and 2 5ths just to move 2 spots. So much for draft assets.

Brown is a proven WR, but so much defensive talent fell they could've drafted, maybe traded back idk. Time will tell. Not many picks left but still holes on the roster. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Davis BPA type pick, but don't like trading a 4th and 2 5ths just to move 2 spots. So much for draft assets.

Brown is a proven WR, but so much defensive talent fell they could've drafted, maybe traded back idk. Time will tell. Not many picks left but still holes on the roster. 

Yeah this is kind of how I feel here. That's not an insignificant price to move up just 2 spots to get a guy who didn't impact the passer in college. 

Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like this team just got a lot more Physical on both sides of the ball after day one of the draft. They’re already a team that can impose their will on most teams with their run game, but now they have a physical receiver and a monster on the defensive line. I hope they continue to go down the stairs are of physical players. Keep it going. Get guys who want to punish people on both sides of the ball. A bruising running back wouldn’t hurt at some point too.

• Like 1

Before everyone blows their wad calling Howie a genius, step back and look at the situation.

With AJ Brown: Howie said in his PC they really liked him in that draft...in 2019 when he was taken #51.  Eagles had #53 (Sanders) and #57 (JJAW). You mean to tell me they really liked him but couldn't trade up in that 2nd round just 2 spots for him?  The draft assets it would have taken to move up there would have been minimal compared to what they gave up.  So they miss out on him, pass on Metfalf (I know, lots of teams did because of his injury) then the next year miss on Jefferson to take Reagor (there were other WRs in 2020 to take). 

So Howie blows 2 WR picks 2 years in a row (finally Smith was good because he was #10 hard to screw up) and then this year trades away a 1st and a 3rd when he could have had him in that draft for a 2nd plus a mid round pick.

AJ Brown is coming of his worst year so far with lower production and some missed games, a contract year where he was demanding a big contract or a trade.  Obviously if he gets back to that 1000 yards and around 10 TD season then that's great.  But let's put this in perspective:  since Howie can't draft and failed so many times at WR, he had to trade draft picks to get a proven one.  Which is great to have a solid player, plus they have so many roster needs on defense and good defensive talent was to be had.

Finally, a reason he gave for trading 1 of the 3 first rounders to the Saints was to not have to pay 3 players in their contract year...well that's BS because they had to be working on this AJ Brown deal.  He was working out with Jalen Hurts last week.  The way teams were trading, they should have waited. Could've traded for AJ Brown and still kept 2 first round picks to add another defensive talent.

With Davis, he's a beast but I don't like trading up just 2 spots and giving up the mid round picks that are the "draft assets" Howie talks about wanting to have.  That's flexibility to trade up a little in mid rounds or just take extra talent.  I know they really liked Davis, but had they stayed at 15 you either get him or Hamilton without trading any picks.  They have crap at safety.  And people criticize the pick because Davis was taken out on passing downs (I know, Georgia's stacked D line).  So there's a bit of a risk there.

Davis and Brown should be solid players.  But they started with 3 1sts in this draft and only selected 1 player.  The future flexibility better be worth it next year.

• Like 1

This is all he has now, the guy who loves draft assets. 

Screenshot_20220429-085025_Facebook.jpg

They have crap at safety, 1 starting corner, need to take advantage of a good DE class...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NOTW said:

They have crap at safety, 1 starting corner, need to take advantage of a good DE class...

They do yes and hopefully they can go and address S or CB in the second and then a DE in the third. That would be ideal but I guess let's see how it all falls. 

howie can come up from the basement to eat his meatloaf at the table with the rest of the family today.

• Haha 2

On 4/27/2022 at 4:45 PM, NOTW said:

Also, will we have a repeat of a scout furious at him and Howie's confused reaction?

You mean like last year in the war room after the Milton Williams pick when Donahoe wasn't happy?

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

Lose the anger.  We had a great night last night.

Way too early to judge him for this draft. Day 1 was good. Today has to be good as well. Pick #51 overall may be traded back today. We'll see.

21 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Way too early to judge him for this draft. Day 1 was good. Today has to be good as well. Pick #51 overall may be traded back today. We'll see.

The 2 players they added last night are quality players so that's good.  I just wanted 2 players selected in the 1st round, whether that's from a trade back or trading back up into the 1st.  There were teams that gave a 2nd plus a combo of mid-round picks to move up into the late 1st and grab some defensive talent that I would have liked to get.  I hope in 2 years we're not lamenting that on defense all we did was replace Cox with Davis but not upgrade corner, safety, LB or DE.  

19 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The 2 players they added last night are quality players so that's good.  I just wanted 2 players selected in the 1st round, whether that's from a trade back or trading back up into the 1st.  There were teams that gave a 2nd plus a combo of mid-round picks to move up into the late 1st and grab some defensive talent that I would have liked to get.  I hope in 2 years we're not lamenting that on defense all we did was replace Cox with Davis but not upgrade corner, safety, LB or DE.  

I think they'll still find guys to help on defense in this draft. I don't think the cupboard is bare quite yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I think they'll still find guys to help on defense in this draft. I don't think the cupboard is bare quite yet.

I have concerns about the guy opening the cupboard, but yeah.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah this is kind of how I feel here. That's not an insignificant price to move up just 2 spots to get a guy who didn't impact the passer in college. 

Barnett impacted the passer better than a hall of famer.... How did that turn out? 

• Like 1