Time to put Howie back in the basement? - Discuss Howie Roseman here

ToDie4Eagles

The only way to undo the negative effects of Howie Roseman is to fire him outright. If he is anywhere in the organization, he'll undermine things to try to get back to controlling the roster. He simply must go. He's made plenty of $ and he'll be fine. Time to go Howie. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

Even the announcers were ripping Howie tonight.

From Riddick it’s understandable. He was here at one point and he was one of the two passed over for Howie. Grigson being the other. I’m sure he knows Howie a bit more personal than most announcers. 

After last night I’m more scared about our future. We clearly need to hit on some draft picks. I’m sorry I love Howie but he has to go. When you don’t draft standout playmakers in the draft year after year it catches up to you. I’m done watching Jefferson and Metcalf go off week after week. I don’t want the division this year. For what? So you can but a $25 hat and t-shirt?

• Like 2

Your post is spot on. 

Aside from the loving Howie part. 

• Like 1

They need to just lose out to get around the 5th pick, and Howie needs to be canned so your new GM gets to start his rebuild with that high pick.  And who knows, maybe a good GM can swindle the Colts into giving us an extra second round pick for Wentz. 

On 11/30/2020 at 2:37 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean... No thanks. They need to cut ties with this guy and get rid. Not keep him around. He's a weasel so he's position himself to sign of all decisions or something.

I agree he should go. He’s been the poison behind the scenes that has cost all of these true football people to leave Philadelphia.

5 hours ago, Br3 said:

When the showed him up there he looked very concerned. Social distancing without being next to the boss is making it hard for him to spin his B.S. into him saving his job.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Fundamentally nothing will change until he's gone. 

That's right.

We all should take a deep breath and set realistic expectations for this team while he's here.  I think that means the Eagles will be about a 6 win team +/- 2 wins per year. That's who I think they'll be with him picking the players. 

Just now, PoconoDon said:

That's right.

We all should take a deep breath and set realistic expectations for this team while he's here.  I think that means the Eagles will be about a 6 win team +/- 2 wins per year. That's who I think they'll be with him picking the players. 

At best I think yeah. He lucked out in 2017 and this team has been declining ever since. He's a terrible talent evaluator and it turns out he's not actually that good in cap management. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

At best I think yeah. He lucked out in 2017 and this team has been declining ever since. He's a terrible talent evaluator and it turns out he's not actually that good in cap management. 

Those two things are directly related IMO. He can't draft at all, so to make up for it he spends more. He has to extend more guys than he should and kick the can down the road which costs more, has to sign more FA's which costs more, and trade for players with higher than rookie deals which also costs more. When the dust settles, it's 2021 and he's way over the cap.

Oh well, whatever. He's just has to go. 

• Like 2

He has to go and let the new GM get his own coaching staff. Look at what the niners did after the chip 2-14 season in 2016. They hired a new GM. Let him get his coach and then draft really well and they were competitive almost immediately. 

• Like 1

Mike Borgonzi (Director of Football Operations, Kansas City Chiefs): The former Brown Fullback who worked briefly in the financial sector before coming to the NFL, Borgonzi brings his Ivy League-educated aptitude to evaluation and team building. He’s known for his attention to detail, keen eye as an evaluator, collaborative approach, and his unparalleled work ethic. Now in his 11th year, he is extremely well versed in every aspect of football operations as Brett Veach’s right-hand man. He started as the college scouting administrator, then managed football operations, then was a pro personnel scout, Assistant Director of Pro Scouting, Director of Player Personnel, and then Director of Football Operations. He’s worked with and learned from Scott Pioli, John Dorsey, Andy Reid, Chris Ballard, and Brett Veach in the construction of the Chiefs’ Super Bowl LIV winning roster.

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

Those two things are directly related IMO. He can't draft at all, so to make up for it he spends more. He has to extend more guys than he should and kick the can down the road which costs more, has to sign more FA's which costs more, and trade for players with higher than rookie deals which also costs more. When the dust settles, it's 2021 and he's way over the cap.

Oh well, whatever. He's just has to go. 

Oh absolutely I agree. 

His failure to draft a young corner led him to having to draft Slay who is on a pretty big contract. His failure to find a young WR led him to bringing back DeSean and keeping Alshon. His failures along the OL led us to bringing back JP. 

Agreed this season is now all about the Draft. With the coming Salary Cap Purge, getting younger is a priority. I believe that this was Howie's master plan to start the season. Get the best draft picks possibble. :D

image.jpeg.b36c95a008edafb73f31a74fcf59f205.jpeg

3 hours ago, GroundAttack said:

After last night I’m more scared about our future. We clearly need to hit on some draft picks. I’m sorry I love Howie but he has to go. When you don’t draft standout playmakers in the draft year after year it catches up to you. I’m done watching Jefferson and Metcalf go off week after week. I don’t want the division this year. For what? So you can but a $25 hat and t-shirt?

Why do you love Howie? 

3 hours ago, GroundAttack said:

We have a topic to discuss Howie, merging.  Scan the topics at least on the home page before starting new ones.

1 hour ago, MidMoFo said:

Mike Borgonzi (Director of Football Operations, Kansas City Chiefs): The former Brown Fullback who worked briefly in the financial sector before coming to the NFL, Borgonzi brings his Ivy League-educated aptitude to evaluation and team building. He’s known for his attention to detail, keen eye as an evaluator, collaborative approach, and his unparalleled work ethic. Now in his 11th year, he is extremely well versed in every aspect of football operations as Brett Veach’s right-hand man. He started as the college scouting administrator, then managed football operations, then was a pro personnel scout, Assistant Director of Pro Scouting, Director of Player Personnel, and then Director of Football Operations. He’s worked with and learned from Scott Pioli, John Dorsey, Andy Reid, Chris Ballard, and Brett Veach in the construction of the Chiefs’ Super Bowl LIV winning roster.

At this point I'd take PeeWee Herman as our new GM over Howie.  But in all seriousness, Mike sounds like a solid candidate to consider (should Howie be shown the door, which is something a large majority of us fans want but am not sure that will happen).  I believe I read somewhere Mike is being considered for the open GM job in Houston.