Time to put Howie back in the basement? - Discuss Howie Roseman here

ToDie4Eagles

https://www.nfl.com/news/six-takeaways-from-jeffrey-lurie-news-conference-0ap3000000612500

This was right after Chip Kelly was fired.  Section 3 talks about Roseman and accountability. 

"Howie Roseman will be responsible for making sure our player personnel department is as good as it gets in the NFL, he'll be accountable for that."

Change.org petition to fire Howie. 

Fire Howie

He left off some bad decisions and misspelled Riley Cooper (Rylie). Misspelling a player's name, maybe he posts here. :lol:

I don't care if he fires Howie or not -- I don't pretend to know what the right thing to do there is -- but I hope Lurie realizes not to listen to the fans. 

2 hours ago, devpool said:

Howie should be nowhere near football operations. Let him handle what flavor ice cream gets ordered to novacare.

He’d screw that up too and get fat free or sugar free. The best position for him is employment somewhere outside the Eagles organization. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Spads: where is the young blue chip talent? The Pro Bowlers are veterans.

Wow, put Howie on blast! 

Just now, NOTW said:

Spads: where is the young blue chip talent? The Pro Bowlers are veterans.

Wow, put Howie on blast! 

He also praised Howie on the cap though LOL

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

:huh:

7 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

He noted the cap problem and said hopefully Howie has some tricks to manipulate it...he also named another guy on Howie's staff who manages the cap.

Dave works for the Eagles. Whatever narrative they want tends to get communicated, sometimes more subtle. Dave blasted Howie's drafting. 

You never know, he could move to a Banner role while they hire someone else over personnel. 

3 minutes ago, NCTANK said:

he can’t be serious 

See above. He first called out the bad drafting, then said how bad the cap is and they have a lot of decisions to make. He noted Howie - and immediately named a guy on Howie's staff - for working the cap in the past. Said he hopes they can find some tricks to make it work. Said there is a lot of work to do. 

It wasn't "praise." Dave was being real and said there wasn't much to be happy about with this team. He said he liked what he saw from Hurts, and a few young defensive guys making plays. He said he's not gonna sugar coat things. 

He ripped them for not drafting any blue chip talent on defense since Cox (Reid's last year.) Said the only Pro Bowlers are veterans, where's the young talent. Said they must hit on this draft, must get star talent.

He is PR paid by the team. :lol:

• Like 1

Lol Howie said the Rosters have been talented enough to win. AKA its Doug's fault.

lol these guys are clowns.

• Like 1

Howie said the pandemic made them "pivot" their plans, and they went after more veterans to add instead of young talent...after the draft.  He said he regrets that.  Earlier, he said his biggest regret was using the phrase "QB factory" because of how it got mocked and all he really wanted to say was they always want to look for talent at QB.

He also admitted - again as he did last year - that he was hanging on to too many players that helped them win the SB and trading picks for players instead of having more picks.  He said "hopefully" they'll have more draft picks, which sounds like moves will be coming.

So let's review the GM who has been doing on the job training for over a decade.

2011:  Dream Team signings.  
2012: have to protect culture, extend your own players
Chip era
Post-Chip: free agents, trades to supplement bad drafting.  
SB Year: good signings and trades to help them win
Post-SB: bad contracts to aging/injury prone players and bad drafting
Last year: oops, we aren't young enough and we need speed.  Drafts 3 "speed" WRs
This year: oops, we don't have any young blue chip talent, we need to really nail this #6 pick (yes he said that, paraphrased)

We have a GM with no philosophy who has to change gears, re-learn how to build a team every couple years and keeps coming up with new strategies to make up for his failings.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Greenakers2 said:

Why am I supposed to watch the draft again?

So we can have comparison threads of the guys we should have taken. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Greenakers2 said:

Because you can see Howie mess up a top 10 pick...

16 hours ago, Greenakers2 said:

16 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

So we can have comparison threads of the guys we should have taken. 

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Because you can see Howie mess up a top 10 pick...

And watch fans on zoom waving/booing at Goodell.  And making fun of the draft "experts" who get it wrong every year but still post endless mock drafts.  And drink to the misery of a player that 98% of fans want the Eagles to take, only to watch Howie take a head scratcher and then watch the guy we wanted become rookie of the year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, NOTW said:

And watch fans on zoom waving/booing at Goodell.  And making fun of the draft "experts" who get it wrong every year but still post endless mock drafts.  And drink to the misery of a player that 98% of fans want the Eagles to take, only to watch Howie take a head scratcher and then watch the guy we wanted become rookie of the year.

Oh god I can see it now. I just don't think I'll be excited no matter who they pick. 

22 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh god I can see it now. I just don't think I'll be excited no matter who they pick. 

#6 should be a good pick.  We might think they should take a different player, but hopefully it's not a huge reach like a guy who would be a #20 type.

The top picks they've taken in the last decade: #12 Cox, #4 Lane Johnson, #2 Wentz, #14 Barnett.  Hopefully it's more of a "no-brainer" at #6 but you never know.

The Howie experience needs to end. This guy is killing the organization. Until he’s gone things will not change.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Howie experience needs to end. This guy is killing the organization. Until he’s gone things will change.

You mean until he's gone nothing will change?

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You mean until he's gone nothing will change?

Yeah not change. I was in a dentist chair writing that on my phone.