EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

28 minutes ago, RLC said:

Oh wow. Didnt think the Eagles had the stomach to do this.

We save cap space by trading him and save 17M-16M-17M in 2022/2023/2024 if we do that. I'm in. 

No money guaranteed on his contract after this year though. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

What is he worth? A guard making that much coming off of two serious injuries? That’s a lot of coin you’re committing to an injury prone guy. I don’t know if I’d even give up a 7th for him.

BLG as a source?  Who would tell him anything?  Such a blowhard poor writer.  Prolific for sure.

Just now, Freshmilk said:

BLG as a source?  Who would tell him anything?  Such a blowhard poor writer.  Prolific for sure.

He’s an aggregator. He’s quoting Albert Breer. 

30 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Even if that were true, that doesn’t mean Pitts isn’t a better prospect than every one of them. 

Correct.   And the flip side is, it doesn't mean that he is, nor that he has any greater guarantee of success than they did.   You said it earlier, to justify picking a TE in the top 10, he has to be the top 1 or 2 TEs in the NFL for an extended period of time to justify the selection.   Further, the coaching staff needs to know how to be creative enough to maximize that unique skill set.  We'll see what Sirianni and Co. decide to do offensively.  But, with Goedert already on the roster, that selection also seems a bit like a doubling down of a position that is not that vital to overall success, while using another premium pick at that position.   

If Pitts is the top selection, I do hope that they trade down to grab him and mitigate the risk a bit.  Frankly, with almost no exceptions, I prefer a trade back in this draft and really hope that the QBs start to generate a great deal of buzz.   For that reason, I am discouraged by the latest rumor out of Novacare regarding the team's commitment to Hurts.   They should be putting the opposite message out, even if it's not true.  Send Hurts a 'thinking of you' card if necessary to placate him, in that case, and they are worried about his ego.  But, make the other teams believe that a QB in the top 6 is absolutely a probable outcome for the Eagles and drive that price up a little.  And even if it backfires and a team jumps you to grab a QB... that also helps as it drives more position players to you.

We'll see how this offseason plays out, but Pitts doesn't make sense to me at 6.   He makes sense to me at 12, with an added 2nd round pick or a (preferably) 1st for next year.

14 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

No money guaranteed on his contract after this year though. 

Correct, but the signing bonus proration is still sitting there.

23 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Brooks for a 4th or 5th? Yeah, I’m in.

Thats short sighted unless you wants Hurts to get maimed

18 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Great center of gravity and able to hide well and then burst behind decent Gs. Has proven to likely be a better screen game weapon than Sproles because he has better hands and good speed.  Spin move looks nice on film but is actually a stupid move more times than not in football. Rather have a guy with his center of gravity cut.  203 lb guys at 5’ 7” with 4.4 speed and good hands aren’t easy to find.  Scott isn’t a starting RB but is a great rotational player and unlike backs like Wendell Smallwood, he continues to get better in pass pro.  It is ridiculous that we don’t appreciate role players and denigrate them so much in here. 

Check again. Nobody did that. It was a joke based on a mic’d up. The fact that this team has struggles so much to find backup RBs doesn’t change what he is. Being an upgrade from Smallwood/pumphrey proves my point. I didn’t denigrate him.  I’m also not going to pretend that the league has trouble finding role playing RBs. 

9 minutes ago, DumbleBear said:

Truly the only "Duck" that interests me in 2021 😃

duck.gif

Damn, must have been too young. Never knew this happened.

19 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Correct.   And the flip side is, it doesn't mean that he is, nor that he has any greater guarantee of success than they did.   You said it earlier, to justify picking a TE in the top 10, he has to be the top 1 or 2 TEs in the NFL for an extended period of time to justify the selection.   Further, the coaching staff needs to know how to be creative enough to maximize that unique skill set.  We'll see what Sirianni and Co. decide to do offensively.  But, with Goedert already on the roster, that selection also seems a bit like a doubling down of a position that is not that vital to overall success, while using another premium pick at that position.   

If Pitts is the top selection, I do hope that they trade down to grab him and mitigate the risk a bit.  Frankly, with almost no exceptions, I prefer a trade back in this draft and really hope that the QBs start to generate a great deal of buzz.   For that reason, I am discouraged by the latest rumor out of Novacare regarding the team's commitment to Hurts.   They should be putting the opposite message out, even if it's not true.  Send Hurts a 'thinking of you' card if necessary to placate him, in that case, and they are worried about his ego.  But, make the other teams believe that a QB in the top 6 is absolutely a probable outcome for the Eagles and drive that price up a little.  And even if it backfires and a team jumps you to grab a QB... that also helps as it drives more position players to you.

We'll see how this offseason plays out, but Pitts doesn't make sense to me at 6.   He makes sense to me at 12, with an added 2nd round pick or a (preferably) 1st for next year.

That’s fine, but he’s gone by 12. 

6 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Carson Wentz and his doppelgänger Prince Harry are both having a bad year.  Wentz gets run out of Philly, and Harry is getting led around by the nuts by that dreadful Meghan Markle. :nonono:

I had a short message from friend who watched the interview last night. Harry has been cuckolded, badly.

I won't clog this place with anything more that that.

8 hours ago, BigEFly said:

A 13 position trade up in the first round for a two and a three?  Pretty f’in bad. 

An added 2, 3, first, and Montez Sweat.  RIF

6 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Am I crazy or does anyone else not see the end of this tunnel. 

Between the Loyalty contracts(i.e. what the phillies did) the terrible draft in 2018, 19 and 2020 I dont see how were climbing out of this hole in the next 3-5 years. 

You have a 1st, 5th, 6th, 2nd, 4th, 5th round draft picks invested in the wide receiver room over the last 4 years and we dont have a top 50(probably top 75) WR to show for it. 

You have a 2nd, 5th, #2 overall, third, 4th #12 and another 2nd at the QB position and We dont have a QB to show for it. (I know some people are forcing themselves to believe in Hurts, but let's be honest. He's not a franchise guy 

Are you new? 

whats the knock on Adebo? there was chatter of him potentially being a high rounder if he came out last draft

i am on team Not Pitts...only guy i run to the podium for at 6 is Chase. 

Chase is option 1 for me. He is a stud and lets all the other WRs fall into their natural roles. I think Quez is a Z, i think Reagor could do well from the slot.

add a TE late in the draft or UDFA. I like Gray from Duke - smart and can catch. i like a couple others as well. (Cue Manu going bonkers about Togai...lol)

I like a trade back but only as far as 12. maaaaybe 15. 

Chase and Moehrig/Grant would be my ideal outcome up 1/2

Would hate to see Brooks get traded.

Understand it business-wise but just a big fan of his. True professional and a helluva OL. 

Having dealt with severe anxiety and panic attacks in my own life, I could relate to that part of his life and admired the way he was able to overcome that obstacle. His public battle with it was inspiring and offered a sense of hope.

25 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Am I crazy or does anyone else not see the end of this tunnel. 

Between the Loyalty contracts(i.e. what the phillies did) the terrible draft in 2018, 19 and 2020 I dont see how were climbing out of this hole in the next 3-5 years. 

You have a 1st, 5th, 6th, 2nd, 4th, 5th round draft picks invested in the wide receiver room over the last 4 years and we dont have a top 50(probably top 75) WR to show for it. 

You have a 2nd, 5th, #2 overall, third, 4th #12 and another 2nd at the QB position and We dont have a QB to show for it. (I know some people are forcing themselves to believe in Hurts, but let's be honest. He's not a franchise guy 

Not with Howie/Lurie calling the shots I fear 

5 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

The kid from Boston College can be had in the 3rd, probably 4th and he's going to be a bleeping monster

Think he’ll be a riser in the draft process

8 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Chase is option 1 for me. He is a stud and lets all the other WRs fall into their natural roles. I think Quez is a Z, i think Reagor could do well from the slot.

add a TE late in the draft or UDFA. I like Gray from Duke - smart and can catch. i like a couple others as well. (Cue Manu going bonkers about Togai...lol)

I like a trade back but only as far as 12. maaaaybe 15. 

Chase and Moehrig/Grant would be my ideal outcome up 1/2

Don’t know how much you’re going to get to trade out of 6 if the qbs are gone. 

26 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

whats the knock on Adebo? there was chatter of him potentially being a high rounder if he came out last draft

i am on team Not Pitts...only guy i run to the podium for at 6 is Chase. 

I like Pitts, I just wouldn't take him over  Chase at 6, plus this team needs too much I fear so I'm on team trade back almost regardless of who is there, within reason. Start to rebuild this dreck of a defense, add a high end interior o-lineman, maybe go offensive weapon in round 3. 

People that are surprised that the team might build 2021 around Hurts are not paying attention. That should be the plan unless we absolutely love a QB at #6. I'll strongly argue that we don't have the infrastructure to support a rookie QB in 2021.

Just now, RLC said:

People that are surprised that the team might build 2021 around hurts are not paying attention. That should be the plan unless we absolutely love a QB at #6. I'll strongly argue that we don't have the infrastructure to support a rookie QB in 2021.

That is not the same as the owner dictating who to build around. 

Archived