Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

20 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

You have an opinion. Thats it. And likely a self serving one. All this is up for debate

Yes my attempt at being a decent human and having compassion is so I can get something in return, you got me...

I'm sorry for whoever or what ever in life beat you down, hardened you, hurt you, to the point where you think whether compassion is earned or not is a worth while debate.

I've had my fair share of hurt and pain in my life some of it as a result of my own choices and some the result of others choices and through it all I've always appreciated those that have shown me compassion for no other reason other than they are human, and I hope even though I often fail ,to do the same.

The blog makes this difficult for me but I try and I will try here with you.

Toast I don't agree with a lot of your views and opinions yet I still believe you are a good person and I value you as a human and I'm sure the people in your life that know you and associate with you feel the same.

Peace Bro! Go Eagles!

 

 

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Exactly, so I wouldn't be hesitant on giving one of our two thirds up if it means being able to get back I to the first round around the mid 20s.

If #37 has a conversion rate of about 45% and the third is about 30% while a late first is about 50%, by the odds you're better off going for two players. Now, obviously it's not that simple. It depends on who is available, you have to account for the value of having the extra year on a first round contract, and so on.

But for me it would have to be a special situation of the right guy being available for a trade up.

I guess I'll try coming back again another day.

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I guess I'll try coming back again another day.

I tried to transition from politics to shirtless selfies.  Baby steps.

Since I posted the greatest no trade mock of all time yesterday from TDN, I decided to go conquer a different sites mock simulator. I took a little trade down in round 1 since Horn was gone as I said I would like to do. Heres how it turned out.

  • PHI
    19.
    Greg Newsome II
    CB Northwestern
    trade icon
  • PHI
    37.
    Terrace Marshall Jr.
    WR LSU
     
  • PHI
    51.
    Asante Samuel Jr.
    CB Florida State
    trade icon
  • PHI
    70.
    Dylan Moses
    LB Alabama
     
  • PHI
    84.
    Tylan Wallace
    WR Oklahoma State
     
  • PHI
    123.
    Trey Sermon
    RB Ohio State
     
  • PHI
    150.
    Michael Menet
    OC Penn State
     
  • PHI
    189.
    Joshuah Bledsoe
    S Missouri
     
  • PHI
    224.
    Tamorrion Terry
    WR Florida State
     
  • PHI
    225.
    Malcolm Koonce
    EDGE Buffalo
     
  • PHI
    234.
    Jack Anderson
    OG Texas Tech
     
  • PHI
    240.
    Paris Ford
    S Pittsburgh
11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Since I posted the greatest no trade mock of all time yesterday from TDN, I decided to go conquer a different sites mock simulator. I took a little trade down in round 1 since Horn was gone as I said I would like to do. Heres how it turned out.

  • PHI
    19.
    Greg Newsome II
    CB Northwestern
    trade icon
  • PHI
    37.
    Terrace Marshall Jr.
    WR LSU
     
  • PHI
    51.
    Asante Samuel Jr.
    CB Florida State
    trade icon
  • PHI
    70.
    Dylan Moses
    LB Alabama
     
  • PHI
    84.
    Tylan Wallace
    WR Oklahoma State
     
  • PHI
    123.
    Trey Sermon
    RB Ohio State
     
  • PHI
    150.
    Michael Menet
    OC Penn State
     
  • PHI
    189.
    Joshuah Bledsoe
    S Missouri
     
  • PHI
    224.
    Tamorrion Terry
    WR Florida State
     
  • PHI
    225.
    Malcolm Koonce
    EDGE Buffalo
     
  • PHI
    234.
    Jack Anderson
    OG Texas Tech
     
  • PHI
    240.
    Paris Ford
    S Pittsburgh

Think you have to take an interior OL on day 2.  From Center to RT we are aging and 2 are injury prone.  Zero viable replacements on the roster.  Interior OL is a need not a luxury. 

10 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Think you have to take an interior OL on day 2.  From Center to RT we are aging and 2 are injury prone.  Zero viable replacements on the roster.  Interior OL is a need not a luxury. 

Its a need, but picking them early is a luxury. We have stoutland. 

And we do have backup options. A lot of OL played last year, and all had stretches of good play. Its a promising position group. Im fine with the OL. Needs some youth as backups to groom. But doesnt need to happen early. 

DE vs OL is a tricky value comparison mid rounds

i know we need a young interior lineman

but DE could be empty after next year

18 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Its a need, but picking them early is a luxury. We have stoutland. 

And we do have backup options. A lot of OL played last year, and all had stretches of good play. Its a promising position group. Im fine with the OL. Needs some youth as backups to groom. But doesnt need to happen early. 

Gotta go with Freshmilk on this.  If there is a chance to massively upgrade the OL you do it.  The OL play and injury prone players have killed this team (and the former QB, coach) over the past couple of seasons. Thinking we go back to investing in the line on both sides of the ball early and often.  

Just now, Cliftoma said:

Gotta go with Freshmilk on this.  If there is a chance to massively upgrade the OL you do it.  The OL play and injury prone players have killed this team (and the former QB, coach) over the past couple of seasons. Thinking we go back to investing in the line on both sides of the ball early and often.  

The individuals who played along the OL were fine. I think the bigger issue was the countless re-shuffelings that had to happen.

Im just not a believer in OL early at all. Unless youre getting a generational prospect in the top 5-10. By the end of round 1 youre already looking at OTs with flaws and theres usually not much separating them from guys in the middle rounds.

Add in Stoutland's success rate in grooming players- and quickly... an early OL feels like a wasted pick to me.

I dont really want an OL before round 4.

9 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

Good lawd, that motor though 😲

 

You will note my comment to Beast about no bend.  His technique is pretty much bull rush and speed. 

16 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

DE vs OL is a tricky value comparison mid rounds

i know we need a young interior lineman

but DE could be empty after next year

You're not wrong, but next year there are 3 blue chip DE prospects, and considering we should have 3 picks in the 1st next year, I really want one or two of those 3.

8 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

You will note my comment to Beast about no bend.  His technique is pretty much bull rush and speed. 

He has good speed but, not sure about the rest. Like you said no bend and looks like.he tries to run past the lineman and has no moves whatsoever

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Its a need, but picking them early is a luxury. We have stoutland. 

And we do have backup options. A lot of OL played last year, and all had stretches of good play. Its a promising position group. Im fine with the OL. Needs some youth as backups to groom. But doesnt need to happen early. 

Cant disagree more.  The OLine was atrocious, the interior backups were horrible.  Stoutland is not enough 

Hearing all this chatter about Dallas and Pitts and Eagles fans being worried about it.

I don’t know if Pitts is going to be Megatron or Zach Ertz.  His ceiling is obviously high, but it’s hard to chart his future.  It will take the right situation and offense to maximize him.

That won’t happen in Dallas.  It’s a horrible use of resources for them.  They have already over-extended themselves into 3 WRs, most of whom have pretty good size and none of whom are real field stretchers.  In Dallas, Pitts is just a great receiving TE who doesn’t block well and is occupying a similar skill set and depth of field as their already premium WRs.  He might not even get the volume or productivity we saw from Ertz.

Thats just not a good use of the 10th overall pick to improve their flawed team. 

8 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Hearing all this chatter about Dallas and Pitts and Eagles fans being worried about it.

I don’t know if Pitts is going to be Megatron or Zach Ertz.  His ceiling is obviously high, but it’s hard to chart his future.  It will take the right situation and offense to maximize him.

That won’t happen in Dallas.  It’s a horrible use of resources for them.  They have already over-extended themselves into 3 WRs, most of whom have pretty good size and none of whom are real field stretchers.  In Dallas, Pitts is just a great receiving TE who doesn’t block well and is occupying a similar skill set and depth of field as their already premium WRs.  He might not even get the volume or productivity we saw from Ertz.

Thats just not a good use of the 10th overall pick to improve their flawed team. 

I am praying they trade up with the Falcons to take him

57 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Hearing all this chatter about Dallas and Pitts and Eagles fans being worried about it.

I don’t know if Pitts is going to be Megatron or Zach Ertz.  His ceiling is obviously high, but it’s hard to chart his future.  It will take the right situation and offense to maximize him.

That won’t happen in Dallas.  It’s a horrible use of resources for them.  They have already over-extended themselves into 3 WRs, most of whom have pretty good size and none of whom are real field stretchers.  In Dallas, Pitts is just a great receiving TE who doesn’t block well and is occupying a similar skill set and depth of field as their already premium WRs.  He might not even get the volume or productivity we saw from Ertz.

Thats just not a good use of the 10th overall pick to improve their flawed team. 

 

I don't know why Dallas wouldn't be the right situation and offense to maximize his talents.  Dak was set to throw for well over 5k yards last season before his injury.  That Kellen Moore offense airs it out and gets a ton of yards.  That offense is absolutely stacked.  With Amari Cooper and CeeDee Lamb defense can't really afford to double up or pay too much attention to Pitts.  Dallas would be an absolute matchup nightmare on offense with PItts.  Their defense would still be trash but they would no doubt be in the running with teams like the Chiefs and Bills for most lethal offense in the league.  

He might not get the volume of Ertz in Dallas but he would be more than capable of out producing him from a yards and TD standpoint.  

1 hour ago, Freshmilk said:

Cant disagree more.  The OLine was atrocious, the interior backups were horrible.  Stoutland is not enough 

Driscoll and Herbig were absolutely fine. Driscoll likely would've slid inside if not for Lane's injury. Don't know why you're expecting an OL that's 10 starters deep.

7 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Driscoll and Herbig were absolutely fine. Driscoll likely would've slid inside if not for Lane's injury. Don't know why you're expecting an OL that's 10 starters deep.

No they weren't.  When did I say 10 starters deep?

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

Hearing all this chatter about Dallas and Pitts and Eagles fans being worried about it.

I don’t know if Pitts is going to be Megatron or Zach Ertz.  His ceiling is obviously high, but it’s hard to chart his future.  It will take the right situation and offense to maximize him.

That won’t happen in Dallas.  It’s a horrible use of resources for them.  They have already over-extended themselves into 3 WRs, most of whom have pretty good size and none of whom are real field stretchers.  In Dallas, Pitts is just a great receiving TE who doesn’t block well and is occupying a similar skill set and depth of field as their already premium WRs.  He might not even get the volume or productivity we saw from Ertz.

Thats just not a good use of the 10th overall pick to improve their flawed team. 

This, absolutely

It's one thing to stumble into Travis Kelce in the third round, Gronk in the fourth or Gates as an UDFA to add to an already impressive array of offensive skill players. It's another thing entirely to trade up in the top ten of the draft for a TE when you already have an enormous number of resources invested at WR and RB. There are a limited number of plays per game, and the marginal improvement you are going to see from adding a 4th "star" offensive player isn't likely to be that great. Yeah, defensive coordinators won't relish having to scheme to stop all those players, but at some point the ROI just doesn't make sense. 

33 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

I don't know why Dallas wouldn't be the right situation and offense to maximize his talents.  Dak was set to throw for well over 5k yards last season before his injury.  That Kellen Moore offense airs it out and gets a ton of yards.  That offense is absolutely stacked.  With Amari Cooper and CeeDee Lamb defense can't really afford to double up or pay too much attention to Pitts.  Dallas would be an absolute matchup nightmare on offense with PItts.  Their defense would still be trash but they would no doubt be in the running with teams like the Chiefs and Bills for most lethal offense in the league.  

He might not get the volume of Ertz in Dallas but he would be more than capable of out producing him from a yards and TD standpoint.  

Would he though?

Pitts would be, what, the #4 weapon in that offense after Zeke, Cooper and Lamb? And you still have Gallop in the mix as well. All of these guys are high volume players, too.  They're not Desean Jackson or Tyreek Hill who can rack up tons of yards on a low number of targets. 

I legitimately think there wouldn't be enough passes to go around for everyone to justify the resource allocation. 

5 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Alright, I normally enjoy taking part in the blog tearing itself apart, but for some reason, I find this latest brawl to be boring.

If the football talk is slow (at the moment, it is), then let's find a more productive and uniting off topic discussion.  How about a blog fitness challenge?  I realize everyone here is 6'5" with a six-pack and drives a Maserati (kudos to anyone who recognizes the random country song), but for the rest of us, it may be quite productive.

We've got some gurus in that area here.  Be honest about your starting point, I will 😅

My dad can beat your dad up.

7 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The further back you go in the draft the higher percentage you are going to have of Howie screwing the pick up.

 

It's really a damn shame that we're in this position. If you have a great GM (or merely a competent one), trading down can be a godsend.

3 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

 

It's really a damn shame that we're in this position. If you have a great GM (or merely a competent one), trading down can be a godsend.

On the surface the trade back was for good value, but given how things seem to be going I can't help but wonder why it happened so early and we didn't try to milk every ounce out of the pick on draft day.

2 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

On the surface the trade back was for good value, but given how things seem to be going I can't help but wonder why it happened so early and we didn't try to milk every ounce out of the pick on draft day.


I like the initial tradeback (at least in theory). This comment was in reference to trading back further. Basically, the further you trade back, the smarter you have to be with the pick. So, from a purely mathematical standpoint, trading back further sounds great, but when you think about the X-factor, it gives you hesitancy.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.