Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

14 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You know it's bad when those who cover the Dolphins are taking shots at the Eagles. 

 

 

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2021/04/13/drama-in-philadelphia-serves-as-remind-for-how-far-dolphins-have-come/

Crabbs is one of Ben Solak's boys from TDN who think they're revolutionizing scouting. Would take anything he says with a truck-sized grain of salt.

Also, anyone acting like the Dolphins are somehow out of the woods of NFL poverty is jumping the gun big-time. They actually have to hit on those draft picks.

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Did he go on a hunting trip or a bachelor party?  

Your wife says hi.

46 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Whitten?

Who could have guessed that?   Oh

Naw he was too old for it. Plus i think his rookie season he was similar to what lj smith was in yards. If i remember correctly lj smith only had like 30-40 yards less than witten. Only year they were that comparable lol 

2 hours ago, Original Sin said:
The NFL & NFLPA sent a memo that vaccines won't be required for players

 

9EBA4EAB-82FE-427D-98B1-497536CEBB5D.gif

34 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think its Doug

I urge people to listen to the kapadia interview on wip yesterday with Ike and marks. He explains it a lot more in depth.

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I got my first Moderna last week.  My arm hurt like a **** the next day.

My arm was a bit sore, but not unbearable at all. 

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Yep as I'm sure many in my age bracket do.  The odds are still astronomically in my favor. 

But worse for cancer or cardiovascular event than the risk of the vaccine

 

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

But worse for cancer or cardiovascular event than the risk of the vaccine

 

Is there a vaccine for cancer or a cardiovascular event?

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Is there a vaccine for cancer or a cardiovascular event?

Irrelevant

the issue at hand is relative risk 

54 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You know it's bad when those who cover the Dolphins are taking shots at the Eagles. 

 

 

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2021/04/13/drama-in-philadelphia-serves-as-remind-for-how-far-dolphins-have-come/

Wow you know it's bad when one is being compared to the dolphins, the past decade the dolphins have been a dumpster fire and seem there's a lot of smoke coming out of the eagles dumpster.

 

3 hours ago, Saltpeter said:

Life of an NFL RB. So how we feeling about a Miles Sanders extension in 2 years, fellas?

Nope, draft another one

6 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

Nope, draft another one

He doesn’t have a lot of tread on his tires as he was underutilized here and played behind Saquon at PSU except for his last year. He hasn’t blown anyone away so he won’t be incredibly expensive. I say extend him.

1 hour ago, What The F said:

I cheated and looked. My guess is no one will guess 1 of them without looking it up. 

 

1 hour ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Reagor was such a bad pick

No he wasn’t. Only looks bad in comparison to Jefferson. He was starting to look better with Hurts. Full offseason together I’m expecting an 800-900 yard season from him. 

1 hour ago, What The F said:

West Coast team. 

 

1 hour ago, What The F said:

No. 

Went to N.D. 

John Carlson!!

30 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

But worse for cancer or cardiovascular event than the risk of the vaccine

I am a cancer survivor, I have a compromised immune system, and I was worried how the vaccines possible side effects would affect me.

I called my sister in law who is a nurse and she is also immuno suppressed and already vaccinated.

She told me that recent findings suggest that those with suppressed immune systems are actually showing less side side effects to the vaccine as their immune response is weaker.

Now they don't know what this means in the future for those immuno suppressed if they contract covid after he ng vaccinated so we'll see.

But I can report that after I received my second vaccine my side effects were very mild, I was a little tired got a little dizzy for a little bit and weirdly the opposite arm I got the shot in hurt🤔 

Where as when my wife who is not immuno suppressed got vaccinated her second dose knocked her on her ass for 2 days. So ???

Just now, eaglesflyers#1 said:

He doesn’t have a lot of tread on his tires as he was underutilized here and played behind Saquon at PSU except for his last year. He hasn’t blown anyone away so he won’t be incredibly expensive. I say extend him.

if he is still affordable in 2 years I agree, you make some really good points about the wear and tear. of course if he blows it up the next two years, it gets a little more interesting. If he has a good year next year, I would be all for extending him before we get good. However, running backs are easy to replace

2 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

if he is still affordable in 2 years I agree, you make some really good points about the wear and tear. of course if he blows it up the next two years, it gets a little more interesting. If he has a good year next year, I would be all for extending him before we get good. However, running backs are easy to replace

Even though he technically still has tread on his tires those tires keep blowing out towards the end of the season and need to be rotated.

Not sure his ankle isn't always going to be an issue going forward 

8 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I am a cancer survivor, I have a compromised immune system, and I was worried how the vaccines possible side effects would affect me.

I called my sister in law who is a nurse and she is also immuno suppressed and already vaccinated.

She told me that recent findings suggest that those with suppressed immune systems are actually showing less side side effects to the vaccine as their immune response is weaker.

Now they don't know what this means in the future for those immuno suppressed if they contract covid after he ng vaccinated so we'll see.

But I can report that after I received my second vaccine my side effects were very mild, I was a little tired got a little dizzy for a little bit and weirdly the opposite arm I got the shot in hurt🤔 

Where as when my wife who is not immuno suppressed got vaccinated her second dose knocked her on her ass for 2 days. So ???

not immuno suppressed either and I am fatigued. Been holding it together all day after getting final vaccine last night, just gotta make it through this last meeting and then I am going to sleep. I had the bright idea earlier to push through it thinking a little bit of physical activity would "energize" me... 🤦‍♂️

it affects everybody different from what i can tell

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

I don't think it's a selective leak but I do think Doug's departure has left sources out there that are willing to speak.  The reality is that reporters are trying to get a grasp on the dynamics as much as fans are and I am sure know these kinds of stories will generate interest.  I also don't think there's a fear that anyone is burning any bridges.  It's also far different than any stories I can remember coming out after Chip or Andy leaving.  There is definitely some animosity towards Howie and Lurie.  

Reporters are trying to market articles, get clicks, and get a better gig/more followers to monetize. That’s likely why these articles are written in such a sensational way.

13 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

He doesn’t have a lot of tread on his tires as he was underutilized here and played behind Saquon at PSU except for his last year. He hasn’t blown anyone away so he won’t be incredibly expensive. I say extend him.

That’s the key. If you can get him signed at reasonable money, then he’s a solid starting RB. Draft a mid round guy as a backup/rotational player and you’re good for another 4 years.

If he wants to be paid like a star let someone else do it and take the comp pick.

13 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I am a cancer survivor, I have a compromised immune system, and I was worried how the vaccines possible side effects would affect me.

I called my sister in law who is a nurse and she is also immuno suppressed and already vaccinated.

She told me that recent findings suggest that those with suppressed immune systems are actually showing less side side effects to the vaccine as their immune response is weaker.

Now they don't know what this means in the future for those immuno suppressed if they contract covid after he ng vaccinated so we'll see.

But I can report that after I received my second vaccine my side effects were very mild, I was a little tired got a little dizzy for a little bit and weirdly the opposite arm I got the shot in hurt🤔 

Where as when my wife who is not immuno suppressed got vaccinated her second dose knocked her on her ass for 2 days. So ???

The immune system is very very ...did i mention very?...complicated.

it would logically follow that immune suppressed folks might have milder side effects.

but our genetic background and the redundancies of pathways, not to mention variable T cell distributions, make for widely variable side effects

40 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Irrelevant

the issue at hand is relative risk 

 

And the relative risk of COVID to me is tremendously small mortality wise.  

I am not an Alabama fan in the slightest, but this is a problem.  Why are we not drafting players from the best programs.

 

2 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Some of you guys wanting to trade up from #37 back into the first round are just forcing the board and giving up picks needlessly.  There will be plenty of really good players at #37, just draft one.

It really depends on how the draft shakes out. With the CFB season being so irregular there’s a good chance teams have wildly different boards.

Then you have to value the extra year on the contract of a first rounder, what it costs to move up, etc.

Say Darrisaw slides into the 20’s. Is it worth our second and third to get him? I’d say yes. You still have another 3rd rounder and you’re getting a versatile player who can start from day one with pro bowl level upside at guard.

20 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

And the relative risk of COVID to me is tremendously small mortality wise.  

Your drinking hurts only you. Smoking less so but you create risk for many others as a viral vector. Or do you only care about yourself?

if so thats fine just dont ask for help when you have a heart attack or get cancer. Stay in your vacuum.

1 minute ago, TEW said:

It really depends on how the draft shakes out. With the CFB season being so irregular there’s a good chance teams have wildly different boards.

Then you have to value the extra year on the contract of a first rounder, what it costs to move up, etc.

Say Darrisaw slides into the 20’s. Is it worth our second and third to get him? I’d say yes. You still have another 3rd rounder and you’re getting a versatile player who can start from day one with pro bowl level upside at guard.

I would say no. We need the volume

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.