Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

The Eagles trading into 8-9 would be interesting.  

Question 1: What player do the Eagles not like enough to hang in there at 6, but like enough to trade up from 12?  Sure, Howie almost certainly traded back as a defensive maneuver under the assumption that certain players would be gone by 6.  But if he REALLY liked one of them, he probably would just hang in there at 6.

Question 2: I assume/hope all 2022 first round picks and #37 would be off the table in a trade up.  So what ammunition would Howie use to crack the top 10?  

I 100% support using our glut of mid round picks to trade up, but I figured the logical move was to go from #37 into late round 1.  Going a few spots from 12 to 8-9 can be pretty pricey and you need to be really in love with a player.  And if they are, then why trade out of #6 in the first place?

It shouldn’t take much more than a 3rd to get back into the top 10

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

It shouldn’t take much more than a 3rd to get back into the top 10

Colts 3rd rounder takes us to #9. If the Broncos want Parsons or an DL, easy decision for them. 

1 minute ago, RLC said:

Colts 3rd rounder takes us to #9. If the Broncos want Parsons or an DL, easy decision for them. 

 

Would be such a waste when the Eagles could use that Colts 3rd and their 2nd to move back into the first round. 

1 minute ago, RLC said:

I've been posting a lot of his stuff because it's really good!

I'm surprised how much he dislikes Devonta Smith though. 

I kind of agree with him on Smith and really hope the Eagles don’t settle for him.  I am more of a Waddle fan but Waddle is a slot.  So much depth at slot in this draft, I hate to see 12 used towards a slot receiver.  Smith does have great hands and does run nice routes. That just doesn’t seem good enough for a 160 pound beanpole. 

Waddle was my favorite prospect in the draft heading into the 2020 NCAA season.  I got away from that as the mocks and big boards showed the consensus value...and I'm getting back to my original instinct as we get closer to the finish line.

I couldn't really be happy with drafting Waddle at 6 from a pure value perspective.  Top 5-6 picks...that's for QB's and LT's or for Megatron/Mario Williams specimens at WR/DE.  And if that's not an option, trade out and pick up another first.  So that's what Howie did.  Fine with me.  And if we DID have to draft at #6, I suppose I still would have felt more comfortable with Pitts/Chase, since that's what everyone else says on the consensus board.

When it comes to the player that, deep down, I want to be sitting there for the Eagles at 12...it's Waddle, not Chase/Pitts/Smith or any defensive player.

If Reagor can figure himself out and is paired with Waddle, that duo actually could be very difficult to defend.  It's almost impossible to comprehend a complement of Eagles weapons being hard to defend, but that could be it.  The typical, tired formula of a predictable, one-dimensional deep threat paired with a plodding power forward X just makes our offense so easy to defend.

 

30 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Check out his site  

https://jetrolot.com

Yeah, great stuff, good information up there.  Interesting that he thinks both Ja'Marr Chase and Kyle Pitts will be gone by 6. 

2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Listened to the BwF podcast about their story on the Eagles’ dysfunction. They said everything in the story was corroborated by multiple sources and what they included themes they discovered while talking to 30 or so sources. 

It might have been one of their best podcasts. They really went into a lot of detail about how they got the info, gave more context to the information that they got and pieced it all together. Even some things they should’ve explained better. It was a good listen for the majority of it 

23 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Would be such a waste when the Eagles could use that Colts 3rd and their 2nd to move back into the first round. 

Depends. I would gladly pay #12 + Colts 3rd rounder to secure Chase or Smith. 

Also, there's a good chance we're trading down in RD2 in that scenario. IMO, there isn't a big difference between pick 30 and pick 45. 

34 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Buzz, two weeks before the draft.  I suspect Howie has inquired every direction as it fits his MO, so easy to predict.  There may be players he has identified that if they slip to 8 or 9, he might want to know what the cost would be.  Easy for that sort of thing to get out.  Also, if you want Jerry to do something to move up, just steer the leak and anyone looking will see that Howie has done his initial due diligence and could misread towards the leak.  

Do people really think most draft day trades are consummated in 10 minutes?

Usually, teams have talked before the draft and trade hypotheticals, so the phone call is more: "are you still interested in the trade we talked about two days ago?" You want more? click.

Just wait ... we're trading up to #9 to select Kwity Paye

30 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Who had a mid first round grade on him?

A simple google trip through the 2014 draft shows late first through 3rd as the bookends, with the vast majority placing him in round 2.

Which is why Howie traded down before taking him, note Ford was the other speed DE who went a few picks later and didn't have much of a career.

 
 
Best blitzer: Micah Parsons
 
Best tackler: Micah Parsons
 

Best at taking on blocks: Micah Parsons

 

gives his NFL Draft LB superlatives
27 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

 

Would be such a waste when the Eagles could use that Colts 3rd and their 2nd to move back into the first round. 

I'd wonder if we could crack into round 1 with less than that.  With 11 selections, we've got so many picks to burn that may not escape camp.

I'd rather use the 3rd and offer up a 4+5.  Heck, throw in one of those comp 6's that are pretty much glorified UDFA's.

2 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Which is why Howie traded down before taking him, note Ford was the other speed DE who went a few picks later and didn't have much of a career.

Completely excusable then.  Great decision.

9 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I'd wonder if we could crack into round 1 with less than that.  With 11 selections, we've got so many picks to burn that may not escape camp.

I'd rather use the 3rd and offer up a 4+5.  Heck, throw in one of those comp 6's that are pretty much glorified UDFA's.

37 & 84 should get us to #26 or so, according to the trade chart.

37 & 123 & 150 wouldn't get you past #31.

34 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Waddle was my favorite prospect in the draft heading into the 2020 NCAA season.  I got away from that as the mocks and big boards showed the consensus value...and I'm getting back to my original instinct as we get closer to the finish line.

I couldn't really be happy with drafting Waddle at 6 from a pure value perspective.  Top 5-6 picks...that's for QB's and LT's or for Megatron/Mario Williams specimens at WR/DE.  And if that's not an option, trade out and pick up another first.  So that's what Howie did.  Fine with me.  And if we DID have to draft at #6, I suppose I still would have felt more comfortable with Pitts/Chase, since that's what everyone else says on the consensus board.

When it comes to the player that, deep down, I want to be sitting there for the Eagles at 12...it's Waddle, not Chase/Pitts/Smith or any defensive player.

If Reagor can figure himself out and is paired with Waddle, that duo actually could be very difficult to defend.  It's almost impossible to comprehend a complement of Eagles weapons being hard to defend, but that could be it.  The typical, tired formula of a predictable, one-dimensional deep threat paired with a plodding power forward X just makes our offense so easy to defend.

 

Well, Indy has done pretty well with an over the hill speed guy (Hilton) big WRs with average speed (Pittman, Pascal), a journeyman type TE (Doyle) and a project TE (Alie-Cox).

Wouldn't surprise me if Sirianni got more out of our current receivers than Doug has the last few years, Indy actually schemes players open.

We'll add at least one weapon, but I don't think Sirianni may feel the need to use a high pick on one given his Indy/SD experience.

6 minutes ago, austinfan said:

37 & 84 should get us to #26 or so, according to the trade chart.

37 & 123 & 150 wouldn't get you past #31.

31 gets you the option year on a contract, which is worth something.  I don’t see the need to go higher than that.

2 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Well, Indy has done pretty well with an over the hill speed guy (Hilton) big WRs with average speed (Pittman, Pascal), a journeyman type TE (Doyle) and a project TE (Alie-Cox).

Wouldn't surprise me if Sirianni got more out of our current receivers than Doug has the last few years, Indy actually schemes players open.

We'll add at least one weapon, but I don't think Sirianni may feel the need to use a high pick on one given his Indy/SD experience.

Do we actually need talent anywhere to succeed?  We don’t need a high end qb, don’t need much from the weapons...I guess we are good to go.

What's funny with all the whining over JJAW, wasn't Campbell the guy the scouts wanted (seems Metalf was off the board for medical reasons)?

Campbell in two years has 24 catches for 198 yards. JJAW has 14 catches for 254 yards. Lurie was right!

 

Just now, eagle45 said:

Do we actually need talent anywhere to succeed?  We don’t need a high end qb, don’t need much from the weapons...I guess we are good to go.

Go look at the top twenty-five in receiving yardage last year, how many are top 10, top 20, outside the 1st rd.

Maybe top talent is overrated and talent depth and scheme underrated?

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

NDIrish’s new site is pretty good.  (Can’t remember who posted the link a few days ago, but thanks.) Nice to see Matt reviewing prospects again.  He had this on Surtain:

I noticed something on film that not many people talk about and it really worries me. I mentioned him being handsy. Let’s say you haven’t played football, but you’ve played basketball. You feel your opponent with your hands while boxing out, posting up or whatever. Surtain covers like that. When he doesn’t "have hands”, the results were consistent. He got beat.

Now I think Matt, exaggerated a bit with the end but he is right that when he got beat he had lost the receiver.  Surtain does hand check.  A lot of good CBs do that. He isn’t grabby, but he does feel for the receiver.  I hadn’t noticed this as much until Matt mentioned it.  

Check out his site  

https://jetrolot.com

Thanks for the link. NDIrish was one of my favorite posters on the Blog, back in the day. I'm sure he's right about Surtain. College rules are much more permissive for DBs. I wish the pros would adopt that approach. Until the ball's in the air you can be handsy; there's no five-yard limit. And PI is only 15 yards max.

Of course you get handsy.

6 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Go look at the top twenty-five in receiving yardage last year, how many are top 10, top 20, outside the 1st rd.

Maybe top talent is overrated and talent depth and scheme underrated?

Top talent is overrated.  

15 minutes ago, austinfan said:

What's funny with all the whining over JJAW, wasn't Campbell the guy the scouts wanted (seems Metalf was off the board for medical reasons)?

Campbell in two years has 24 catches for 198 yards. JJAW has 14 catches for 254 yards. Lurie was right!

 

Lurie knew Campbell would get hurt? Off the Colts JJAW fro him and see how quickly they laugh at you. 

35 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I'd wonder if we could crack into round 1 with less than that.  With 11 selections, we've got so many picks to burn that may not escape camp.

I'd rather use the 3rd and offer up a 4+5.  Heck, throw in one of those comp 6's that are pretty much glorified UDFA's.

With all the picks. I'd rather find a team that's looking to move up in the draft and trade this year's 2nd for a 1st next year. Or this year's 3rd for a 2nd next year. 

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Spoke to him last night. After his buy outs and re buys he was up 250K this morning. Doesnt plan on selling what he has left until it reaches a dollar. 

It would need to hit over a 140 billion market cap , won’t happen , there is nothing of value in the coin , it’s a pump and dump coin 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.