EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

8 minutes ago, austinfan said:

They've drafted two DEs in the first day in the last ten years. That's a trend?

Curry was 6'3 266. With the frame to add 15 lbs, which he did.

Barnett was 6'2 259.

Sweat at #130 was 6'5.

There you go, selecting data that fits your narrative.  Eagles draft DE's in the 6'2" to 6'4", alwas have.  Paye lines up with Curry, Graham, Cole, McDougle and Burgess.  Your apologist loyalty the day before the disaster is hilarious.  Can't wait to see it after the Paye selection.

Question for you, if Paye is the selection, and you say the Eagles wouldn't have him ranked in their top 20, who are you going to blame for the selection ??

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, RLC said:

Takes Denver off the board for a QB...but they're now the prime trade-up target for another team.

you think Teddy for a 6th takes them out of the running for a QB?

10 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

It's damn near guaranteed now that one of Fields or Lance will be there at #12. I don't see Lowie passing on them.

If I'm placing a bet, in that scenario I put money on another trade down vs. grabbing a QB

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

There you go, selecting data that fits your narrative.  Eagles draft DE's in the 6'2" to 6'4", alwas have.  Paye lines up with Curry, Graham, Cole, McDougle and Burgess.  Your apologist loyalty the day before the disaster is hilarious.  Can't wait to see it after the Paye selection.

Question for you, if Paye is the selection, and you say the Eagles wouldn't have him ranked in their top 20, who are you going to blame for the selection ??

What they drafted 20 years ago is irrelevant. That was Jimmy Johnson.

What dictates what they draft is going to be what Gannon likes, within the general parameters of value (based primarily on scarcity).

Gannon runs a 4-3 so yes, Paye fits this defense at some level. Parson may or may not fit, depending how the scouts view him (MLB or rush LB?).

But that doesn't mean Paye is Gannon's ideal DE.

1 minute ago, purplefiggy said:

It really doesn’t. Next year they can just move on no dead money. Really they could move on this year if they wanted it’s 3 mil dead money if he stinks in training camp. I still think they could go QB if they really wanted too. Frankly i don’t think they will but i don’t think it eliminates them 

A2C34F76-D646-44A5-B5B4-00DB4F10250F.png

2 minutes ago, purplefiggy said:

No. Just means they picked up a competent backup cheap, who could start ahead of a rookie for a year.

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

No. Just means they picked up a competent backup cheap, who could start ahead of a rookie for a year.

Arguably it makes Lance more likely if he is there, since he would likely need a year on the bench anyway.

The one pick that would boil my blood is Paye, so that is definitely our pick.

DEN was the team linked in a trade up with them, guess we know that's not happening now.

Forced the trade with Buffalo as to include Ertz.  Putting Trill as a Safety.

image.thumb.png.af39cf0b69d4a53f3636d9990edfd151.pngForced the 

20 minutes ago, RLC said:

Takes Denver off the board for a QB...but they're now the prime trade-up target for another team.

I wouldn't say so. They only gave up a 6th and Carolina is paying some of the money to do the trade and its only a 1 year contract.

The Eagles picked up a first round pick to move from #6 to 12; if they could trade back up from #12 to 8 by giving up #84 and 150 (or Zach Ertz) it wouldn’t be a terrible move.

Having said that, I still think the Eagles can get a game changer at #12.  The chances that Surtain, Horn, Waddle, Chase, Pitts, Smith are all gone in the first 11 picks, along with Sewell and 4 QBs?  Pretty slim.  Even if that were to happen, guess what?  Lance, Fields, or Jones is sitting there at #12 — and another premium pick for 2022, or at worst another 2nd round pick this year, would be the profit to move out.

4 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

6th rd and 3 million , panthers paying some and eating 17 million in dead money 

a backup that comes with a long shot lottery ticket

1 minute ago, purplefiggy said:

a backup that comes with a long shot lottery ticket

I think they still go QB 

32 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

DEN was the team linked in a trade up with them, guess we know that's not happening now.

Kind of felt like that was happening for a while unless they got a ridiculous offer to move back. Taking a Qb after the way they restructured Ryan’s contract about a month ago made less sense at that point. Why would you restructure him (especially with how it’s restructured) if you loved a QB at four (jones, lance or fields)where you are basically going to have to restructure again next year due to 48 mil in cap (40 dead money) so locked into him for three years. Not going to sit the fourth overall pick for 3 years. 

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

Eagles "draft history" can't be extrapolated forward.

Todd Castillo, then Chip, then Schwartz.

Yes, Howie probably values DL more than LBs, almost all teams do, and CBs more than safeties.

But Indy drafted 4 LBs in 3 years on the first two days.

If they get a 1st in a better draft to move down and it takes a 3rd to move up, what's the problem?

Yea we know that Siriani isn’t making the picks.  We don’t need to study Indy.

I remember 3 months ago we would be "stupid” to take Pitts at 6 😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

For this team, in our current state, I still wouldn't.  Now, sitting at 12 if somehow it were possible to have Pitts plus the first we picked up in the trade back, I'm ok with it.

7 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Yea we know that Siriani isn’t making the picks.  We don’t need to study Indy.

Not true. If the pick is bad, it's because Sirianni made it. 

8 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Picking a TE at #4 is also stupid, it doesn't make taking one at #6 any less stupid.

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

So we're now into the gross misinformation phase of pre-draft preparations?

No, you started that about two months ago.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Picking a TE at #4 is also stupid, it doesn't make taking one at #6 any less stupid.

Especially for a team that’s fine on offense while their defense completely blows. 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Not true. If the pick is bad, it's because Sirianni made it. 

I call it the circle of draft blame. I can bring the graphic out again if need be

38 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Fools - they should have used a second round pick.

Archived