EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, RLC said:

Really interesting read for those of you who care about analytics.

If you're a fan of the AV formula, you can make an argument that we should absolutely not draft a WR in the 1st round.  

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Just found that.  Does not change the Eagles draft history, and the fact that the best DE's on the roster where Gannon was DB coach were 6'3".

Paye is Brandon Graham, no reason the Eagles would not have him ranked high on their draft board.  Better come to grips with the fact that he will most likely be the pick.

13 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I think we're going to be in full pre-draft nervous breakdown mode on the blog fairly soon.  We know they can be that stupid.  

If there was one player they coveted over all others, I doubt they would have moved down. 
but I’d be completely fine with a smaller trade up if there’s a player they prefer within a smaller bunch sitting there. 

Eagles "draft history" can't be extrapolated forward.

Todd Castillo, then Chip, then Schwartz.

Yes, Howie probably values DL more than LBs, almost all teams do, and CBs more than safeties.

But Indy drafted 4 LBs in 3 years on the first two days.

Just now, purplefiggy said:

If there was one player they coveted over all others, I doubt they would have moved down. 
but I’d be completely fine with a smaller trade up if there’s a player they prefer within a smaller bunch sitting there. 

If they get a 1st in a better draft to move down and it takes a 3rd to move up, what's the problem?

2 minutes ago, austinfan said:

If they get a 1st in a better draft to move down and it takes a 3rd to move up, what's the problem?

No problem at all. Simply smart maneuvering 

1 hour ago, Original Sin said:

Per McGinn 

672841599_ScreenShot2021-04-28at11_47_12

image.thumb.png.30deda487f4cad8f7e7115e970e7ced7.png

They have Trill Williams as a safety. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

And Diablo , I play him at backer  , and some teams have told him the same 

Joe Rexrode

@joerexrode
Per @CharlesRobinson on Caleb Farley, says he's hearing Saints might move up to get him. And that Saints feel they may need to move ahead of Titans to get it done.

I’m 99% confident they’re board ranking is:

1) Surtain

2) Horn

3) Paye

With maybe Surtain and Horn interchanged. If both CBs are gone, it’s going to be Paye. 

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

It''s hard to know if any of these rumors have any real truth to them.  I think the Lions are a big wildcard but they may not want anyone to get ahead of them for either Slater or Sewell.  

Possible. i made the argument a couple days ago the lions should go oline and ditto for the panthers if Sewell and slater were available.  Both could use help along the oline. Tbh atlanta could also use help as well as cincy on the oline. If i were atlanta i would try to trade out of 4 cause as much as i like pitts they have huge issues on defense particularly the secondary that if i could stockpile picks to rebuild my defense I’d do it. 

Kipers   final big board has Paye at 20 , has Elijah Moore at 16

20. Kwity Paye, DE, Michigan

HT: 6-3 | WT: 270 | Highlights

This edge-rushing class is all about projection, and it starts with Paye, who had just 11.5 sacks in four seasons at Michigan. Can pro coaching help him turn his potential into production? That's what the team that picks him is hoping.

Stat to know: Paye had a 21% pressure percentage last season, which ranked second overall in the FBS.

16. Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss

HT: 5-9 | WT: 178 | Highlights

I put Moore on my list of favorite prospects. He's one of the most pro-ready receivers in this class, a slot target who can run every route.

Stat to know: Moore caught 74% of his 86 receptions out of the slot last season.

Would not like Paye at 12. 

I'm honestly leaning towards the Eagles liking Slater if he drops, or one of AVT and Darrisaw. 

18 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

As do I. 

Liking him for the Eagles at pick #123

24 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Eagles "draft history" can't be extrapolated forward.

Of course it can not, history is the past.

The Eagles history says Paye is the exact type of player they draft at 12.  Regardless of all the DC's during that history, the one constant has been Lowie, and they are still here.

Based on @austinfan's day before damage control, I can't wait to see his posts after the pick and the board in unison is destroying Howie.

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Takes Denver off the board for a QB...but they're now the prime trade-up target for another team.

This would suggest they aren't going to go QB but I wouldn't rule it out. Could be a trade up team for us though. 

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Of course it can not, history is the past.

The Eagles history says Paye is the exact type of player they draft at 12.  Regardless of all the DC's during that history, the one constant has been Lowie, and they are still here.

Based on @austinfan's day before damage control, I can't wait to see his posts after the pick and the board in unison is destroying Howie.

They've drafted two DEs in the first day in the last ten years. That's a trend?

Curry was 6'3 266. With the frame to add 15 lbs, which he did.

Barnett was 6'2 259.

Sweat at #130 was 6'5.

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Takes Denver off the board for a QB...but they're now the prime trade-up target for another team.

It's damn near guaranteed now that one of Fields or Lance will be there at #12. I don't see Lowie passing on them.

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

It's damn near guaranteed now that one of Fields or Lance will be there at #12. I don't see Lowie passing on them.

Do you not? I can't see them going QB. They obviously didn't love any of them because they traded down in the first place. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Do you not? I can't see them going QB. They obviously didn't love any of them because they traded down in the first place. 

They traded down because they got a 1st for dropping only 6 spots, it was something they couldn't refuse. Drafting a blue-chip QB prospect and still keeping 3 firsts next year is another thing they will have a hard time refusing.

10 minutes ago, RLC said:

More likely a prime spot for Horn or Surtain to go off the board, thus ensuring we draft Paye.

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

They traded down because they got a 1st for dropping only 6 spots, it was something they couldn't refuse. Drafting a blue-chip QB prospect and still keeping 3 firsts next year is another thing they will have a hard time refusing.

But the fact they were happy to trade down suggests they don't love the QBs who could have been there at #6. If they don't love one of those QBs then I'm not sure they should draft them. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But the fact they were happy to trade down suggests they don't love the QBs who could have been there at #6. If they don't love one of those QBs then I'm not sure they should draft them. 

They could have loved a QB, but just couldn't refuse an extra 1st. This would be their have your cake and eat it too moment. Get the QB and the extra 1st.

Archived