EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thinking... 

After seeing Sirianni in press conferences, I’d feel better with Duce as HC. 

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

That's got to be Fields or Lance surely? I'd imagine probably Lance because I think he's such an intriguing prospect for teams. 

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Makes more sense if it were for a QB then another position tbh. You really going to trade that much draft capital now and future for a WR, CB or another position? Frankly they are pretty set at OL and i don’t see a DL in the top 10 

43 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Whoever the Cowboys take it will be panic for a portion of this fan base.  They will get a good player at 10 just like we should get one at 12 if Howard doesnt mess it up.  

I'm done worrying about Dallas until they actually go to the NFCCG or SB.

I really want them to reach for someone, but I can't see it happening.  They'll get one of the corners and they'll play well.  Maybe they'll reach for Paye or Rousseau, but I did see some smoke about them and Jamin Davis at one point.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Makes more sense if it were for a QB then another position tbh. You really going to trade that much draft capital now and future for a WR, CB or another position? Frankly they are pretty set at OL and i don’t see a DL in the top 10 

Weren't the Saints supposed to be sold on the idea of getting a CB? 

If they're talking top 10, they have to figure they have to get in front of us and Dallas if they want to assure themselves Surtain or Horn. 

Or else if it's for a QB I have to imagine it would be Mac Jones.  Alabama's not far from New Orleans, it would be super easy for them to keep tabs on him all last year knowing Brees was on his way out.

Got a notification on my tablet that the Eagles are desperately trying to move up in front of the Cowboys... I guess it's a good thing that we didn't have the #6 pick to start the offseason with... then what would Howie have to do?

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

I like the idea of using a bunch of our day 3 picks to move around get our targets this year. 

Yeah.  But given a choice, I'd prefer even more picks next year.  More players to choose from, more evaluation, and (with OTAs in 2022) a higher expectation of development.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Good luck tonight.  This is why you lift all those weights.  This is why you pay for the extra broadband.  

Going to need it when we trade up for McCorkle Jones

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Got a notification on my tablet that the Eagles are desperately trying to move up in front of the Cowboys... I guess it's a good thing that we didn't have the #6 pick to start the offseason with... then what would Howie have to do?

I can see it now, Howie trades up to 9 with Denver before the draft, then the Saints trade up with Detroit to 7, they take one of the corners, then when Carolina goes on the clock, Dallas trades up  to 8 and takes the other.

OK, here's my best guess. This is what I think happens up until our pick. I have no doubt that Howie will pick Paye and ruin all of our nights.

1. Jags - Lawrence

2. Jets - Wilson

3. 49ers - Jones (I think everyone else in the building wants Lance, but Shannahan is the golden boy and gets his man)

4. Falcons -  Pitts (no one pays the asking price)

5. Bengals - Sewell (Burrow wants Chase, but FO overrules and gets a left tackle to protect the franchise QB)

6. Dolphins - Chase (and Eagles' fans die a little inside)

7. Lions - Slater (so many needs, but Goff needs protection. Will try to trade)

8. Patriots (trade with Carolina) - Fields (could see Lance, but I think Belichick goes for the OSU QB)

9. Broncos - Lance (just not sure how they don't take him if he is still there)

10. .... - Horn

11. Midgets - Waddle (Eagles fans die inside again)

12. Eagles - Surtain (I'd be fine with Smith too, Howie gonna take Paye though)

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I can see it now, Howie trades up to 9 with Denver before the draft, then the Saints trade up with Detroit to 7, they take one of the corners, then when Carolina goes on the clock, Dallas trades up  to 8 and takes the other.

As much as you'd prefer a keystone kops outcome, at this point, there really isn't any reason for a team to make a trade until after the draft starts.

Just now, Connecticut Eagle said:

As much as you'd prefer a keystone kops outcome, at this point, there really isn't any reason for a team to make a trade until after the draft starts.

Yeah, no one pulling the trigger until they know the guy they want is there when the other team is on the clock. Agree to compensation now, subject to the guy being available.

3 minutes ago, hukdonfoniks said:

Weren't the Saints supposed to be sold on the idea of getting a CB? 

If they're talking top 10, they have to figure they have to get in front of us and Dallas if they want to assure themselves Surtain or Horn. 

Or else if it's for a QB I have to imagine it would be Mac Jones.  Alabama's not far from New Orleans, it would be super easy for them to keep tabs on him all last year knowing Brees was on his way out.

I assume it’s corner (if not a QB) with lattimore off the field concerns and their lack of corners on the roster as well. 

If QB they must really love fields, jones or lance and think they fall to the end of the top 10 and believe they can move up. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I assume it’s corner (if not a QB) with lattimore off the field concerns and their lack of corners on the roster as well. 

If QB they must really love fields, jones or lance and think they fall to the end of the top 10 and believe they can move up. 

They could save themselves some serious draft capital going for Newsome or Farley later in round 1.

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

They could save themselves some serious draft capital going for Newsome or Farley later in round 1.

Could. Frankly what i would do. But they might view horn and surtain as can’t miss prospects whereas concerned about farley’s injuries and arent in love with newsome. I feel like if it’s WR they could just stay where they are and get Bateman or Marshall. I feel like it’s the same argument at corner as WR with waddle and smith. 

4 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Yeah, no one pulling the trigger until they know the guy they want is there when the other team is on the clock. Agree to compensation now, subject to the guy being available.

Howie has said as much.  There's not enough time to work out compensation while on the clock.  Everything is agreed upon before the draft and it's basically contingent on a player being available.  That's why you always hear about them moving up, back, etc.  Howie has always been active in that regard, unfortunately he can't identify talent so it's moot.

Archived