EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

To be fair, it worked out well when the Packers did it to Favre 

Sure. Somehow a top 5 pick fell into their laps. Jordan Love couldn’t even beat out something called Tim Boyle. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

He just saw Brady drop into a nice setup and get a seventh ring.

I don't think Rodgers believes that he can get another one in GB.  Maybe he has his eyes on New Orleans.

Saints are broke and void of talent , they had to let a lot of players walk , because of their cap situation 

2 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

I think Love was just part of it. You can add in McCarthy for years, kicking the FG last year, the onside kick in the NFCCG against Seattle, etc. I think there was some stat that GB hasn't drafted a WR in the first 2 rounds since he was the QB. 

Plus, every Packers fan I know loves Favre and is lukewarm on Rodgers. 

I'm near certain Adams was a 2nd rounder

1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

I think Love was just part of it. You can add in McCarthy for years, kicking the FG last year, the onside kick in the NFCCG against Seattle, etc. I think there was some stat that GB hasn't drafted a WR in the first 2 rounds since he was the QB. 

Plus, every Packers fan I know loves Favre and is lukewarm on Rodgers. 

I also think a small part of this might be newly engaged and his future wife might not be keen on living in GB for 4-5 months of the year. 

Thank god we didn't name Hurts as the starter last week. 

Now we can go after Rodgers without controversy.

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

Yep

53rd overall pick 

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

He was. They haven’t selected a WR in round one since he has taken over for favre. 

3 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

So was Cobb and Nelson

Just now, ManuManu said:

Sure. Somehow a top 5 pick fell into their laps. Jordan Love couldn’t even beat out something called Tim Boyle. 

They had all the offseason drama with Favre for years till they finally moved him to the Jets. Then he went to their biggest rival and took them to the NFCCG. 

If Rodgers is a diva, Favre is on another planet. The guy is the biggest attention hoor the game has seen.

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He was. They haven’t selected a WR in round one since he has taken over for favre. 

Ah...my bad. No 1st round receiver was the stat.

1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

They had all the offseason drama with Favre for years till they finally moved him to the Jets. Then he went to their biggest rival and took them to the NFCCG. 

If Rodgers is a diva, Favre is on another planet. The guy is the biggest attention hoor the game has seen.

Plus he’ll send you a dick pic

Just now, vikas83 said:

We had a shirtless WR doing sit ups in his driveway in front of the media. 

Packers are the second best team in the nfc , prior to draft , not sure where Rogers thinks he is going  , that will be a bigger contender than GB 

and the top afc  teams are set at QB , KC and the Bills ,

6 minutes ago, Infam said:

Why would you try to spin that example to Wentz favor. Rodgers didn't play like crap, makes all the difference.

Not really, but it was a joke either way.

21 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I'll never understand why people love to hate Tim Tebow so much.  I think it's funny when some guys do everything they're asked, give it their all and for whatever reason people just love to hate them.  I don't know if people just love to hate openly Christian men (see Carson Wentz) or what the deal is.  

I would have loved Tebow as a back up quarterback.  He's just the kind of guy you want back there.  The ultimate teammate, a totally different skillset that the defense wouldn't be ready for and the kind of guy who can light a fire when a team is down.  

He's got all the respect in the world from me.  

Side note, some Eagles preseason gems in there.  Freddy Martino....Rasheed Bailey...a Raheem Mostert sighting.

That's part of it imo. But as a Christian man I want no part of Tebow as a backup.

Just now, downundermike said:

Looking at the Packers drafts, I can see why Rodgers is pissed.  Except for 2014, the first two picks in all their drafts back to 2011 have been bad.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/draft.htm

That makes Philly a hard sell.

Just now, Swoop said:

Not really, but it was a joke either way.

So Rodgers playing like a star after they used a first on Love while Wentz played like he completely lost it "not really" makes a difference?

2 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Packers are the second best team in the nfc , prior to draft , not sure where Rogers thinks he is going  , that will be a bigger contender than GB 

and the top afc  teams are set at QB , KC and the Bills ,

I mean he makes a lot of teams a helluva lot better. Almost any team he goes to becomes an instant contender, it depends on who has the trade capital to pull it off.

Washington would be dumb to not throw the kitchen sink at him.

Just now, Connecticut Eagle said:

That makes Philly a hard sell.

If he wants to host Jeopardy full time you also have to question how much he loves ball.

17 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Vaguely. 

But comparing the two scenarios are vastly different. Wentz played like crap, got benched and asked out. Rodgers is elite. 

But it aint like they're kicking Aaron out the door. And Wentz didn't play like "crap" until last year. Oh well

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Looking at the Packers drafts, I can see why Rodgers is pissed.  Except for 2014, the first two picks in all their drafts back to 2011 have been bad.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/draft.htm

When was Jaire Alexander drafted? He’s awesome. Gary really came on last year too. 

I mean, he has to want New England or San Francisco. He's from the Bay Area. Just don't know what SF could give GB to make it work after the trade up. 

San Francisco is the PERFECT situation for Rodgers. 

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

I mean he makes a lot of teams a helluva lot better. Almost any team he goes to becomes an instant contender, it depends on who has the trade capital to pull it off.

Washington would be dumb to not throw the kitchen sink at him.

Miami and SF would be strong SB contenders. 

Archived