EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

This is why right after the SF rumor came out, Schefter came out saying Rodgers was disgruntled.

They starter privately. He wanted them to accept that offer. And when they didnt, he knew he had to go public to pressure them to take a deal. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eagles trade #12 and next years two 1sts with Hurts for Rodgers. Then use pick #37 tomorrow for Kellen Mond. Lock it in. 

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Drafting Love is one of the reasons.  He’s also enjoying hosting Jeopardy, and who knows how much longer he wants to play. 
 I wonder how long it’ll take for all the bad info to come out about him like it did Watson when he pulled this. For Rodgers it’ll be family and girlfriend issues and why those issues exist, the Packers will ruin his ass if he’s not careful, dude ain’t Favre. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

If the packers trade him I’d do it to Broncos or raiders unless the niners completely just overpaid. That way out of the conference and he’s forced to deal with the chiefs and mahomes 2 times a year. 

23 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Niners land Rogers for 3rd overall , and that will shake draft up

Not in a good way for the Eagles either

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Eagles trade #12 and next years two 1sts with Hurts for Rodgers. Then use pick #37 tomorrow for Kellen Mond. Lock it in. 

Well we would need a backup QB 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Broncos or Raiders can get it done. Vegas makes more sense, IMO. Carr and a boatload of picks, he goes to Gruden.

Denver has a bunch of picks. Can't imagine GB wants Drew Lock.

3 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Broncos or Raiders can get it done. Vegas makes more sense, IMO. Carr and a boatload of picks, he goes to Gruden.

Denver has a bunch of picks. Can't imagine GB wants Drew Lock.

Carr’s contract is easy to get out of for the raiders if they want to clear cap to fit rodgers too. Dead money is only like 2.25 mil  and saves close to 20 mil 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Carr’s contract is easy to get out of for the raiders if they want to clear cap to fit rodgers too. Dead money is only like 2.25 mil 

He's also cheap as a bridge QB for GB. They can't really want to hand it over to Jordan Love, based on the reports of how bad he looked last year.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Well this is different

here is his top 5 OTs. Extremely different

Just now, vikas83 said:

He's also cheap as a bridge QB for GB. They can't really want to hand it over to Jordan Love, based on the reports of how bad he looked last year.

Eh if I’m GB i roll with love. If he sucks next year i can get a high draft pick and get a QB. With carr I’m just barely going to be a fringe playoff team and push love back a year before knowing. Sinking or swimming with love. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Eh if I’m GB i roll with love. If he sucks next year i can get a high draft pick and get a QB. With carr I’m just barely going to be a fringe playoff team and push love back a year before knowing. Sinking or swimming with love. 

Take Carr, maybe flip him to someone else for picks (cough, Patriots, cough)?

Just now, vikas83 said:

Take Carr, maybe flip him to someone else for picks (cough, Patriots, cough)?

Possibly. I think Washington would’ve been a place if they didn’t sign Fitzpatrick 

18 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Getting a top 5-10 all time QB instantly makes us a contender and makes everyone else on the team better. Plus, Rodgers could play until he is 45. 

12, Miami's pick next year and a 3rd next year -- that's basically #6 and a 2022 3rd for the reigning MVP. If they are dumb enough to take that, you do it.

His finace says No!  

Aaron Rodgers doesn’t get nearly enough criticism for what he deserves.  If he doesn’t get it done, it’s the coach’s fault — no matter who the coach is.  The guy has always been a crybaby.

I guess no one paid any attention to the 6-7 throws from Rodgers in the red zone in the playoff game against the Bucs that were nowhere close to being on target — they go ahead and vilify Lafleur for kicking the FG, even though he knew there was no chance Rodgers was converting that 4th down.  Yeah, it was wrong to kick the FG — but Rodgers gave him little choice.  He choked at crunch time, like he usually does.

49ers will take Lance, coming from ND he’s played in the most play action of any other QB in this draft which is what Shanahan loves, and he’s got the arm to drive the ball downfield.   Jones and Jimmy G are too similar and Shanahan already had to cut his playbook for Jimmy G.  Shanahan doesn’t like the dink and dunk of the West Coast Offense, he wants big plays. 

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

here is his top 5 OTs. Extremely different

Well, I am not that high on Sewell due to him sitting out a year.  He needed to work on his fundamentals.   So, this isn't crazy to me, and I could see him sliding... not sure about him sliding to the 2nd round, but he could easily slide much further than a lot of 'draft experts' believed just a little while ago.

Rodgers to SF makes a lot of sense now.

Wonder who GB would take at Pick 3, assuming that is part of a trade deal?

Just now, Iggles25 said:

Rodgers to SF makes a lot of sense now.

Wonder who GB would take at Pick 3, assuming that is part of a trade deal?

Lance

Archived