EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Denver would be a contender with Rodgers too. 

I just don’t see anyone in the afc beating KC , Bills are a player or two away , see what they do tonight 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Their assets aren’t good enough unless they want to put Chase Young on the table. 

They don’t have a lot of picks?

Getting Young out of the division would be great

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

JFC.  First Watson and now him.  Teams need not to give in to those demands.  Even for him.  Put an end to that ish.  

He signed a contract he should play under it. If not there is the Fing seat and they take back the money.

3 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Watch your tone when talking about the champs , I guess after they win it again this year , you’ll tone it down 

lol.....

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Their assets aren’t good enough unless they want to put Chase Young on the table. 

I tend to think the packers would trade him out of the conference. I think New England, raiders, Broncos and if the colts didn’t trade for wentz would’ve been in on it. 

Just now, Mike030270 said:

They don’t have a lot of picks?

Getting Young out of the division would be great

Their picks are late and will assuredly be very late in the future. Other teams can offer better assets. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I tend to think the packers would trade him out of the conference. I think New England, raiders, Broncos and if the colts didn’t trade for wentz would’ve been in on it. 

Yup. 

If teams can cut players with years left on their deals, then players should be able to demand trades/hold out/want out.

2 minutes ago, Sturm said:

He signed a contract he should play under it. If not there is the Fing seat and they take back the money.

Yes, the same way NFL teams should honor the contracts they sign with players as well.

Just now, ManuManu said:

The Dolphins getting Rodgers would be a real kick to the seeds since we have their 1. 

They definitely have the ammo to get it done. Offer Tua + 3 first round picks and maybe another pick or two for Rodgers and a pick swap somewhere.

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I bet Skins are calling. God that would Fing suck

I think they would have to offer their entire draft and Chase Young. 

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I have no idea why we should do it.  This team isn't in 'win now' mode.  That would be a dumb move.  Give away a ton of future picks for a guy with no future, and with no team at present to put around him?   Why?  That's just not a good move.

Getting a top 5-10 all time QB instantly makes us a contender and makes everyone else on the team better. Plus, Rodgers could play until he is 45. 

12, Miami's pick next year and a 3rd next year -- that's basically #6 and a 2022 3rd for the reigning MVP. If they are dumb enough to take that, you do it.

huh... puts this little discussion in interesting perspective now doesnt it?

West Coast, NY or Miami for Rodgers.  He is about to marry an actress. 

Rodgers to Woodley:  will you marry me?

Woodley: Yes, as long as I never set foot in Green Bay.

Rodgers to Pack: I want out.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Their picks are late and will assuredly be very late in the future. Other teams can offer better assets. 

Yup. 

Suitors in the afc 

miami— Would then subsequently likely deal tua to make picks back

new england

denver

raiders— I’m guessing they’d deal carr who’s contract is easily movable and could even just cut and save 20 mil in cap

would’ve said Steelers if Big Ben wasn’t there or the colts if they didn’t deal for Carson. 

11 minutes ago, RLC said:

So that rules out the Eagles

Nah, he'd be Howie's newest scape goat.   And when it doesn't work adding a 37 year old QB to a team that's no where near ready to compete... Howie gets a new lease on life again in 2 years to rebuild all over again.   It's sheer genius!

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

If a player signs a contract that says the team can void their deal after a certain period then the team should be able to exercise that right.  Teams cut guys all the time and still have to pay them.  It's all about the language in the deal.  I would mostly side with the team in this case.  

This. They are non fully guaranteed deals for a reason

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Neris just through at Arenado!  Awesome......

Right in the back.  

Surprising he’d do it in the 9th in a tied game. 

Neris just threw at Arenado!  Awesome......

Right in the back.  

Good.  Needed to be done.  Then do it again first pitch next time they play the Cards.

This is going to get comical. GB will refuse to trade him. Rodgers will threaten to hold out. I'm guessing GB blinks first and trades him before the season, but it will be messy as hell.

Nah.  2 outs.  It needed to be done.  They don't face them for the rest of the year.  And their manager through a fit.  F him.  

He was talking crap last night when girardi got tossed. Their manager is a dbag 

3 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Getting a top 5-10 all time QB instantly makes us a contender and makes everyone else on the team better. Plus, Rodgers could play until he is 45. 

12, Miami's pick next year and a 3rd next year -- that's basically #6 and a 2022 3rd for the reigning MVP. If they are dumb enough to take that, you do it.

Agree to disagree.   

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

huh... puts this little discussion in interesting perspective now doesnt it?

Yes it does.

At least in his case... he was what, 36?  And beyond established.  But you can understand his sentiment.

The days of having more than 1 prospective starting QB are long over.  Resources are far too scarce.  Commit to one guy and go all in, supporting them with everything you have.  That is the only model that works.

Archived