EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, ManuManu said:

Vaguely. 

But comparing the two scenarios are vastly different. Wentz played like crap, got benched and asked out. Rodgers is elite

That, somehow, understates it. The guy is an all-time great and just won the MVP last year. 

I have no idea how we could do it under the cap, but #12, a first next year and something more has to be offered.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Exactly this

Meh. They drafted a backup QB in round 1. A two-down RB in round 2 and a fullback/tight end in round 3. 

And Rodgers is a big reason that coach has a great record and the offense is top scoring. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

Meh. They drafted a backup QB in round 1. A two-down RB in round 2 and a fullback/tight end in round 3. 

And Rodgers is a big reason that coach has a great record and the offense is top scoring. 

And they wasted his prime with Mike McCarthy as his head coach. 

MIKE FREAKIN MCCARTHY

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What does Rodgers have to be disgruntled about? He sounds like a big baby. Come to Philly and throw to Bob Davis, Deontay Burnett, JJAW and Greg Ward. You’ll love it. 

I’m guessing it doesn’t help that he is likely pissed off they drafted Jordan love last year when they could’ve drafted someone at that pick who could’ve helped in the nfc title game and along that run

1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

That, somehow, understates it. The guy is an all-time great and just won the MVP last year. 

I have no idea how we could do it under the cap, but #12, a first next year and something more has to be offered.

We couldn't and shouldn't. Rodgers is a stud, but this team is hot garbage and he's old. No thanks.

9 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I'll never understand why people love to hate Tim Tebow so much.  I think it's funny when some guys do everything they're asked, give it their all and for whatever reason people just love to hate them.  I don't know if people just love to hate openly Christian men (see Carson Wentz) or what the deal is.  

I would have loved Tebow as a back up quarterback.  He's just the kind of guy you want back there.  The ultimate teammate, a totally different skillset that the defense wouldn't be ready for and the kind of guy who can light a fire when a team is down.  

He's got all the respect in the world from me.  

Side note, some Eagles preseason gems in there.  Freddy Martino....Rasheed Bailey...a Raheem Mostert sighting.

Never hated Tebow. Always hated how the media covered him incessantly. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

He’s 37, that makes drafting a QB early at least reasonable. And he can easily have it worse in other organizations like Philly, Houston, Detroit, Chicago etc. He’s being a big diva 

I think top QBs saying , I want out , is just beginning . If they don’t want to be there  , you have to move on from them .

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m guessing it doesn’t help that he is likely pissed off they drafted Jordan love last year when they could’ve drafted someone at that pick who could’ve helped in the nfc title game and along that run

And that coach with a great record stupidly kicked a FG in the NFC title game, completely S’ing the bed. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Not possible, Wentz is the only QB to ever get pissed about something like that.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

He’s 37, that makes drafting a QB early at least reasonable. And he can easily have it worse in other organizations like Philly, Houston, Detroit, Chicago etc. He’s being a big diva 

I do think he has a lot of diva to him. And I don’t necessarily think the Packers were dumb for drafting a QB, but franchises need to know better. Don’t piss off the franchise QB. 

Just now, ManuManu said:

And that coach with a great record stupidly kicked a FG in the NFC title game, completely S’ing the bed. 

He just saw Brady drop into a nice setup and get a seventh ring.

I don't think Rodgers believes that he can get another one in GB.  Maybe he has his eyes on New Orleans.

Rodgers may his defense better by scoring 30PPG, his WRs better by throwing them open and his OL better with his quick release.

He's a top 3 player.

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

I do think he has a lot of diva to him. And I don’t necessarily think the Packers were dumb for drafting a QB, but franchises need to know better. Don’t piss off the franchise QB. 

To be fair, it worked out well when the Packers did it to Favre 

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

We couldn't and shouldn't. Rodgers is a stud, but this team is hot garbage and he's old. No thanks.

At this point in the offseason would have to find a team needing a QBs and cap space to fit him in. I think just needing a QB (not with their cap situation) likely looks like Patriots, Washington, Saints, niners (before the draft), raiders (i could see them moving on from carr to get Rodgers), Denver and bears (not dealing him to Chicago) 

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

Not possible, Wentz is the only QB to ever get pissed about something like that.

Why would you try to spin that example to Wentz favor. Rodgers didn't play like crap, makes all the difference.

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yeah but it made for a great jeopardy moment lol 

Just now, ManuManu said:

I think Love was just part of it. You can add in McCarthy for years, kicking the FG last year, the onside kick in the NFCCG against Seattle, etc. I think there was some stat that GB hasn't drafted a WR in the first 2 rounds since he was the QB. 

Plus, every Packers fan I know loves Favre and is lukewarm on Rodgers. 

He goes to WFT or NO and both of those teams become Super Bowl contenders overnight.

Just now, Connecticut Eagle said:

Honestly Rodgers on the colts would’ve made for a great potential matchup with KC and mahomes 

Archived