EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

I don’t know why he would be upset unless it was about whoever’s choice it was to kick in the playoff game. That’d be pretty amazing if he was still holding that grudge. I know he made the joke on Jeopardy but still

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s not even up for discussion for Eagles to be linked to a possible ARod trade. Way too early in rebuild he will be retired by the time we have the team ready. Also zero cap room.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Right? If I’m GB that’s what I’m asking for though. I highly doubt they’d get that though. I could see 3, bosa and some other picks that SF would be willing too. 

How about Barnett, Dillard and Ertz and the Carson Wentz conditional 1. Get it done Howie! 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The summer after I graduated High School and before I went to boot camp.  My parents had the brilliant Idea to travel the whole summer and let my best friend and I stay at the house (in florida) the whole summer.  Needless to say we had people coming in and out of that house all the time.  One night I opened up my sock drawer and there was a possum in my socks.  It jumped out and ran into my closet.  Scared the F out of me.  I slept in the living room for a week.  I came home from work one night and my nut job buddy had the possum on the counter with a laundry basket on top of it, feeding it lettuce.  Those things are freaky looking.  

Yikes. 

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

I don’t know why he would be upset unless it was about whoever’s choice it was to kick in the playoff game. That’d be pretty amazing if he was still holding that grudge. I know he made the joke on Jeopardy but still

And the Jordan love pick which they could’ve used to get him help and might have put them over the top in the nfc title game instead their future starter and backup was was holding a clipboard and struggled to beat out Boyle (sp?)

3 minutes ago, austinfan said:

That's a meaningless stat. It considered the #1 pick equivalent to the last pick.

If that was so, Howie, start trading down and collect as many 3rd day picks as possible, even with your low success rate, you'll find plenty of starters!

Plus, the perennially bad teams are always picking near the top of the draft every year will mean a higher percentage of starters...I would expect the Bucs to be near the top...the data is irrelevant and not valid 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The summer after I graduated High School and before I went to boot camp.  My parents had the brilliant Idea to travel the whole summer and let my best friend and I stay at the house (in florida) the whole summer.  Needless to say we had people coming in and out of that house all the time.  One night I opened up my sock drawer and there was a possum in my socks.  It jumped out and ran into my closet.  Scared the F out of me.  I slept in the living room for a week.  I came home from work one night and my nut job buddy had the possum on the counter with a laundry basket on top of it, feeding it lettuce.  Those things are freaky looking.  

Found a possum in my empty garbage can one morning.  Rolled the can out to the end of the driveway and tipped it over to release the possum.

It bolted right back up my driveway into the garage. :angry:

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

And the Jordan love pick which they could’ve used to get him help and might have put them over the top in the nfc title game instead their future starter and backup was was holding a clipboard and struggled to beat out Boyle (sp?)

I forgot about that lol

He still took the team to the playoffs and was playing lights out in the regular season

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Interesting the two are contradicting each other. Sounds like Schefter has stronger sources close to Rodgers and Rap has team sources.

32 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

That, somehow, understates it. The guy is an all-time great and just won the MVP last year. 

I have no idea how we could do it under the cap, but #12, a first next year and something more has to be offered.

I have no idea why we should do it.  This team isn't in 'win now' mode.  That would be a dumb move.  Give away a ton of future picks for a guy with no future, and with no team at present to put around him?   Why?  That's just not a good move.

Just now, Mike030270 said:

I bet Skins are calling. God that would Fing suck

Their assets aren’t good enough unless they want to put Chase Young on the table. 

4 minutes ago, aptosbird said:

Plus, the perennially bad teams are always picking near the top of the draft every year will mean a higher percentage of starters...I would expect the Bucs to be near the top...the data is irrelevant and not valid 

Watch your tone when talking about the champs , I guess after they win it again this year , you’ll tone it down 

6 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Found a possum in my empty garbage can one morning.  Rolled the can out to the end of the driveway and tipped it over to release the possum.

It bolted right back up my driveway into the garage. :angry:

It wanted another ride. 

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I forgot about that lol

He still took the team to the playoffs and was playing lights out in the regular season

Yeah but if they got let’s say tee Higgins or even moved up to get someone like aiyuk or jefferson that nfc title game might have gone differently. Like he doesn’t have many years left i could we him wanting to go all in to win a SB since they were on the cusp of it the year prior 

Archived