EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Sounds like he wants more years and more money , and pack are not ok with that  , I think their plan is to start Jordan Love next year , not add years to Rogers deal ,

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Infam said:

So Rodgers playing like a star after they used a first on Love while Wentz played like he completely lost it "not really" makes a difference?

The point was that people around here acted like Carson Wentz was the only QB in NFL history to get pissed about having a QB taken early. The play on the field has nothing to do with that sentiment. 

And again, it was a joke.

It’s amazing this broke today. I was having drinks with my best friend about a month ago who’s a die hard packers fan and we discussed this topic. He was in denial rodgers wanted out. i told him i could totally see why rodgers would be irritated at the franchise. McCarthy wasted years of his career. They won a super bowl as a 6 seed cause he carried them. Their defense has had good portion of his career. Then the past draft instead of using their first rounder on getting a piece to help put them over the top they drafted a QB. And in the nfc title game they could’ve used that first to have someone contributing. Add on they let linsley go to the chargers and I am sure he wasn’t thrilled about that. 

1 hour ago, Original Sin said:

Now take out the 39 offense players , my initial comment was based on defense 

So out of 29 defense players drafted from Alabama with top 100 picks, I count 3 potential busts: Millner, Cyrus Jones and Tim Williams.  I think that's a fairly good percentage.  

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Of all the attention hooors in the NFL the past 2 decades, you point out Brett Favre?  I would think of a lot of guys before his name came to mind.  

No one else consumed multiple offseasons with the "Favre Watch" coverage as Lord Favre decided whether he would bless the NFL with his return. NFL Network had reporters monitoring the airport in that backwater town in Mississippi where he lives. The guy couldn't stand to have the attention off him. 

28 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I had family of raccoons in a area of roof where it was impossible to get to , to chase them out , so I removed a recessed light , stuck a strobe light up in ceiling area along with playing loud music , was a matter of hours until mother carried babies out one by one , then I repaired soffit area where they entered 

Heavy metal or Rap?  Both would drive me out!

Imagine being so weak that your team drafts a QB and you get all upset and don't want to be a part of that team anymore. And I thought WR's were the divas. 

1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

I mean, he has to want New England or San Francisco. He's from the Bay Area. Just don't know what SF could give GB to make it work after the trade up. 

San Francisco is the PERFECT situation for Rodgers. 

3rd overall this year and a 1 and more next year , IMO that is more than enough , he will be 38

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

Sounds like he wants more years and more money , and pack are not ok with that  , I think their plan is to start Jordan Love next year , not add years to Rogers deal ,

They offered him an extension after he said he wanted out. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Miami and SF would be strong SB contenders. 

SF might be the best team in the nfc if they got rodgers depending on everything they’d have to give up. If I’m gb it’s costing 3, bosa or kittle and deebo or aiyuk as starters. 

Just now, NCiggles said:

So out of 29 defense players drafted from Alabama with top 100 picks, I count 3 potential busts: Millner, Cyrus Jones and Tim Williams.  I think that's a fairly good percentage.  

Also, how does that rate compare to the general bust rate?  

I see a lot of Alabama guys playing well in the NFL.  Can't see why there should be a bias.

Not going through 8 pages. Apparently Rodgers isn’t happy for some reason. Ton of people on social media wanting to get him

LOL like Rodgers would come here :lol:

3 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

I mean, he has to want New England or San Francisco. He's from the Bay Area. Just don't know what SF could give GB to make it work after the trade up. 

San Francisco is the PERFECT situation for Rodgers. 

Rodgers spotted in SF airport!

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

Doesn’t have to be a bust , it can be not living up to draft position , and not seeing a second contract 

29 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I had family of raccoons in a area of roof where it was impossible to get to , to chase them out , so I removed a recessed light , stuck a strobe light up in ceiling area along with playing loud music , was a matter of hours until mother carried babies out one by one , then I repaired soffit area where they entered 

I had a pregnant raccoon rip a hole into my roof. That was an unnerving few days before it finally was caught. 

29 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Schefter said on ESPN that Rodgers wants to be traded. 

He's just being a baby.

2 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

3rd overall this year and a 1 and more next year , IMO that is more than enough , he will be 38

They don't have a 1st next year. Miami has it. 2023 too.

They offered him an extension after he said he wanted out. 

I thought I seen a restructure and he said no , I didn’t see any new contract 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

SF might be the best team in the nfc if they got rodgers depending on everything they’d have to give up. If I’m gb it’s costing 3, bosa or kittle and deebo or aiyuk as starters. 

The irony of Kittle and Aiyuk going to GB as Rodgers was leaving.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

@austinfan time to get your apologist on...........least amount of drafted starters since 2013.

That's a meaningless stat. It considered the #1 pick equivalent to the last pick.

If that was so, Howie, start trading down and collect as many 3rd day picks as possible, even with your low success rate, you'll find plenty of starters!

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

I thought I seen a restructure and he said no , I didn’t see any new contract 

It said they offered a restructured deal and then an extension after he declined. 

I had a pregnant raccoon rip a hole into my roof. That was an unnerving few days before it finally was caught. 

They can be nasty , where I live they are everywhere , along with fox , and now  coyotes have migrated to this area 

32 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Schefter said on ESPN that Rodgers wants to be traded. 

And the NFL is about to become the NBA

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

The irony of Kittle and Aiyuk going to GB as Rodgers was leaving.

Right? If I’m GB that’s what I’m asking for though. I highly doubt they’d get that though. I could see 3, bosa and some other picks that SF would be willing too. 

2 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

They don't have a 1st next year. Miami has it. 2023 too.

Add a  2nd  and a 3rd 

Archived