EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

11 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

RTK going full RTK lately

Making baseless claims and moving goal posts? Sounds accurate.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

New coach? New QB? Tons of dead cap money? Some think we are in a rebuild and years away, but, as the NFC East will learn, I'm afraid the Death Star is fully operational. We win the Division this year.

Winning what is widely considered the weakest division currently in the NFL doesn't equate with "Super Bowl contender".   

6 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Making baseless claims and moving goal posts? Sounds accurate.

Ah yes baseless claims that are based on actual medical science and moving goal posts which weren't moved at all since I keep reiterating the same point made in my original post. 

The court jester is going to court jester though.  

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Ah yes baseless claims that are based on actual medical science and moving goal posts which weren't moved at all since I keep reiterating the same point made in my original post. 

The court jester is going to court jester though.  

Sure buddy. One day you'll leave your parents basement and get some air.

7 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Sure buddy. One day you'll leave your parents basement and get some air.

Good one.  What's next of your mature response? A "your mom is so fat" joke? 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Good one.  What's next of your mature responses? A "your mom is so fat" joke? 

One day pal, hang in there. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And again it’s wrong.  You’re comparing the injury history of a 330lb Offensive lineman rookie.  To a much smaller Successful Pro Bowl QB.  And you talk about reading comprehension.   And we all know who the court jester is, Rueben Randle.  

I'm comparing one player with a history of major injuries who as a result is going to have a higher probability of future major injuries to another player with a history of major injuries who as a result is going to have a higher probability of future major injuries.  Is that so difficult for you to comprehend? 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And again it’s wrong.  You’re comparing the injury history of a 330lb Offensive lineman rookie.  To a much smaller Successful Pro Bowl QB.  And you talk about reading comprehension.   And we all know who the court jester is, Rueben Randle.  

Ask him to look up Josh Allen's rookie stats if you really want to watch a meltdown.

21 minutes ago, austinfan said:

If you trade a king's ransom for him, you'll end up in no mans land, without a good enough team he can't carry it by himself.

And why is that ???? That's right, because we have a GM that is horrible at drafting.  The team should already be in place to make that splash trade, problem is, only 10 of the 26 players drafted from 2016 to 2019 are still on the roster.  The you have a total bust in JJAWful, a 1st round DE who might not be here next year, and Matt Pryor and Avonte Maddox who may not be here past this year.  Going into 2022, you may only have 6 of the 26 players you drafted still on the roster.

Guest justrelax
49 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

If you're not sure your rookie contract QB can actually play, and your defense is still as questionable as ever, I'd say it's fair to assume that the SB window is pretty tightly shut. Maybe luck breaks our way, but logically, we're not exactly in our strongest position.

Hot damn! Good to see you here, lad.

15 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He cites Landon Dickerson and Carson Palmer as why we should be weary of Deshaun Watson's injury history.  :roll:  

You seriously can't make this ish up.  

Players who like Watson have had had multiple ACL tears.  

Remember earlier when you tried to claim I was dumb for saying that players who have previously tore their ACL are at a higher risk for tearing an ACL again?  And then I backed it up with actual facts showing that people who have previously tore their ACL are at an increased risk of tearing their ACL again. 

Fun times. 

31 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Winning the division just Guarantees a first round home loss. 

With that being said, I know we're Cowboy haters, but the Cowboys are really good, AND the Redskins have a weak schedule with a top rate defense. 

12-5 Cowboys(3 seed)

10-7 Redskins(6 seed)

9-8 Giants

7-10 Eagles. 

Eagles may go 0-6 in the division this year

Ewww, gross. Anyone, but the Cowboys. They're not good. They stunk last year. Is Dak their savior now? Are you some sorta Cowboys fan? (it's okay. It'll be our secret.)

I would bet a beer that just the opposite of what you predict comes true.

48 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Watson is not a great QB, his sack totals aren't due to a bad OL but the fact he holds the ball far longer than average, trying to make big plays, and he's a stat padder.

This might be your worse take.

22 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He cites Landon Dickerson and Carson Palmer as why we should be weary of Deshaun Watson's injury history.  :roll:  

You seriously can't make this ish up.  

Todd Gurleys degenerative knee and decline in play at only age 26 spells DOOM for Deshaun. 

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  15% regardless of position.  And again, I said positions like OL, DL, RB and WR will skew that number to be higher.  A QB will have a much lower risk of reinjuring it then those positions.  Nice try.  

That statistic wasn't only for football. That statistic is for anyone who has their ACL surgically repaired.  If you have any scientific numbers to try and back your claims then please go ahead and present them otherwise you have no ground to stand on. 

4 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

can we ban RTK again?

Because I'd be hesitant investing draft capital and salary trading for a guy with two previous ACL tears? 

I don't think ACLs are that big of a deal anymore (unless there are multiple ligament tears), but that applies to DIckerson as well as Watson.

Same pretty much holds for Achilles tears as well. So I'm not that worried about Brooks.

So that's not the reason to be wary of Watson, his inability to raise the Houston offense above mediocre is.  I don't judge QBs by wins or losses generally, but if a QB can't take an offense with average talent and make it above average, how good is he? Look at Wentz in 2017, that team scored 457 points, and the only all pro skill player was Ertz, below average RBs, average at best WRs, a top receiving TE, a top OL but they lost Peters, Vaitai started 10 games and Wisniewski 11. The difference was Reich and his ability to get Wentz to play in his scheme.

Would Watson even fit what Sirianni wants to do? He's obviously got an ego, would he accept a system that would curtail his free lancing tendencies?

Let's see what Hurts does, if the Eagles score 400+ points on offense, there's no reason to trade big assets for a QB.

I'm sorry, but the Eagles RB corps in 2017 was not "below average". Blount and Ajayi were both pretty good. 

3 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I'm sorry, but the Eagles RB corps in 2017 was not "below average". Blount and Ajayi were both pretty good. 

Hell, even Clement had like 450 yards and 5 or 6 TDs IIRC. Let's not forget what he did in the Super Bowl either.

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

Most of us dont give a Flying F that women do to thier bodies. But when you use my tax money for it, is when I have an issue. 

Then again, I couldnt give a Flying F about the majority of sh11t in this country, just dont touch my money. 

Federal tax money doesn't get used for abortion.  So I take it that your interest in government is solely limited to things government spends money on? 

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Winning what is widely considered the weakest division currently in the NFL doesn't equate with "Super Bowl contender".   

Don't discourage him yet. 

5 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Clement was a good 3rd down back too!

The problem? Clement blew out his knee, but Ajayi's degenerative knee condition got worse. We got unlucky that both suffered serious injuries in 2018.

34 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

can we ban RTK again?

Until he gets vaccinated

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

Watson is not a great QB, his sack totals aren't due to a bad OL but the fact he holds the ball far longer than average, trying to make big plays, and he's a stat padder.

He's a good QB, but overrated. In his two good seasons, Houston scored 402 and 378 points, scored 7 points in a wildcard game against Indy, 22 against Buffalo in WC game, 24 against KC in the divisional game (7 on a blocked punt). 53 offensive points in 3 PO games.

If you trade a king's ransom for him, you'll end up in no mans land, without a good enough team he can't carry it by himself.

He had solid talent in Houston, All pro LT, Miller/Hyde at RB, Hopkins, Stills, Fuller at WR.

In three years in Indy, Reich (SIrianni's mentor) scored 433, 361, 451 with Luck, Brissett and Rivers at QB, Mack/Hines/Taylor at RB, Hilton. Pascal and Pittman at WR, Ebron/Doyle at WR.

Better interior OL, but Tuinai >> Castonzo at LT.

So Indy outscored Houston with similar talent with two broken down veteran QBs and a scrub.

I think there's a question of whether Watson will be a top 5 type QB but I don't think he's just a stat padder.  He's at least an above average QB.  But for the allegations against him, the Eagles would be foolish not to try to trade for him.  

41 minutes ago, austinfan said:

I don't think ACLs are that big of a deal anymore (unless there are multiple ligament tears), but that applies to DIckerson as well as Watson.

Same pretty much holds for Achilles tears as well. So I'm not that worried about Brooks.

So that's not the reason to be wary of Watson, his inability to raise the Houston offense above mediocre is.  I don't judge QBs by wins or losses generally, but if a QB can't take an offense with average talent and make it above average, how good is he? Look at Wentz in 2017, that team scored 457 points, and the only all pro skill player was Ertz, below average RBs, average at best WRs, a top receiving TE, a top OL but they lost Peters, Vaitai started 10 games and Wisniewski 11. The difference was Reich and his ability to get Wentz to play in his scheme.

Would Watson even fit what Sirianni wants to do? He's obviously got an ego, would he accept a system that would curtail his free lancing tendencies?

Let's see what Hurts does, if the Eagles score 400+ points on offense, there's no reason to trade big assets for a QB.

Well let's deep dive this.

Under BOB, who took over in 2014, he had QBs Fitzpatrick, Hoyer, and Osweiler. They put up 372, 339 and 279 points, respectively. (On a side note, 279 is just...really bad, like 17 ppg bad).

In those three years, the defense allowed 307, 313, and 328, respectively. Point differentials being 65, 26, and -49. 

Watson comes in and plays only 6 games his rookie year, but the team is able to post 338 points for. Now, they then allowed an absurd 436, or 27 ppg. 

So the next three years, Watson posts 402, 378 and 384, higher totals than all the years BOB was there before he arrived. So far so good, though you assert it's due to stat padding.

Well, the defense gives up 316, 385, then a ridiculous 464 points against, respectively. That's a dead even 29 ppg. I don't think you could produce one QB who would be able to overcome that kind of defensive ineptitude. Point differentials there being 86, -7, -80. That's a massive swing over 2 years. 

And the talent on Houston was never average. Yes, Hopkins was a bonafide stud, but he's about it. I would never consider the likes of Lamar MIller or Carlos Hyde or David Johnson last year to be reliable RBs. Outside of Hopkins, you had Will Fuller who is more fragile than any player on the Eagles, and that's saying something. Dude stayed healthy for the first time in his career because he pumped up on PEDs. 

Brandin Cooks had a nice year last year, but he's clearly a #2 WR and should never be counted on as a #1. TE's were trash. O-line was also not very good.

Reich is likely a far better coach than BOB. So if we had put Watson in Indy last year, do you really think he wouldn't have thrived? And as such, if he were to come here under Sirianni, why couldn't he then thrive here? 

Archived