EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

Julio is now traded.  Will the other pass catcher, Ertz, be next?

Teams are shredding salary to make room for signing rookies and/or FA.  The Eagles signed most of the rookies already.  Extra money can go to FAs and, at lesser extent, extending players.  The CB still needs help.

If Julio Jones brought back a 2nd, we're going to be lucky to get a 6th for Ertz.  

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That’s not what you were talking about and you know it.  You were talking about their injury history.  Dickerson vs Watson.  And that if we are concerned about Dickerson’s history than we should be equally concerned with Watson’s injury history.  We all know that you’re obtuse and you’re so desperate to win a discussion around here that you constantly move the goal posts.  Obviously a season ending injury would be a concern.  Being concerned that there will be lasting effects on a large offensive lineman is more valid than the same on a QB.  Genius.  

Your **** reading comprehension does not determine what my posts were about.   Where in my post was I talking about lasting effects?  Can you please point that out to me?  Because I can only see where I was discussing the increased probability of further injuries in the future. 

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Beyond the off the field stuff with Watson the guy has tore his ACL in both knees.  That makes me hesitant to go in on trading for a guy with both the large amount of draft capital and cap space it would take to obtain him.  Much like our center of the future, the odds of a future injury are higher. 

14 hours ago, Utebird said:

I never understood why after getting to the  NFCCG with Keenum the vikings went and signed Kirk Cousins of all qbs to a huge contract to replace kennum.

I mean Keenum is no all pro but either is Cousins and  Keenum seemed to have really good Chemistry in that offense and with that team 

Cousins always puts up stats but never wins jack.

Hes like basketball player that gets 25 points a game but had to put up 25 shots to get there.

Just empty stats that don't move the needle.

I don't think there was a real option available other than signing him in 2018.  I don't understand why they haven't drafted anyone at the position until Mond this year. 

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Oh I believe it.  He's going to be special.  My comment was in regards to the subtle ball flip.  

The hype surrounding him will be unreal and tedious.  

53 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

Society arguing that the labor of men (taxes, free birth control) should go to pay stuff for women. It's a national pastime.

This, and your handle, are really annoying. This is a football board. Take it to your local vegan restaurant if this is your crusade. 

Guest justrelax
6 minutes ago, DireWolf said:

Igglez faithful would benefit from developing a much more "College" Football feel and approach to yes " The Program ". 

Know they love to play the whole " This is the big leagues. You're a professional. If you need a friend , get a dog routine " 

A more Program oriented attitude would benefit this effort. 

Can only take a horse to water, can not make them drink. 

"You can take a horticulture but you can't make her think." Dorothy Parker.

37 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

If Julio Jones brought back a 2nd, we're going to be lucky to get a 6th for Ertz.  

It was a second and a 4th for julio and a 6th. For ertz we might be able to squeeze a team for a conditional 3rd, I think a 4th is realistic. I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a 4th, I don't care how disgruntled he is. 

3 hours ago, bpac55 said:

These people who share videos on twitter get excited over the tiniest things.  For example, you would have thought Devonta Smith made an OBJ type of one-handed catch last week.  

Lot of football on a string.  Wish they had Hurts go through that fumble drill too. Is it crazy that I crave a year where the QB averages less than a fumble a game?  With Hurts being 6’ 1” it is good to see they brought in some flyswatter devices. 

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

God, you try soooo hard!!  But fail so often!!   The risk to a QB of further injury is not "Much like our center of the future".  That is just false. Dickerson has been injured 4 of the last 5 years in College!    That is not "much like" Watson.  Dickerson is a heavy O lineman who has yet to play a full 16 game schedule.  That is not "much like" Watson.  Watson would need to stay in the pocket more, which is the hope for any scrambling QB as they age and progress.  Dickerson will not be able to limit his activity/contact etc....since he is an O lineman.  Again, not "much like" Watson. 

Maybe you need to improve your reading comprehension of your own posts. Or just quit trying to believe the BS that you post.  Because most posters in here, laugh at you.  

carrie gif laugh at you - Google Search | Laugh at yourself, Laugh, Cry baby

Wow, what a meltdown.  Got exposed for your lack of reading comprehension and you completely unraveled. 

Much like Dickerson, Watson is going to be more prone to suffer a serious injury going forward in his career due to already having suffered multiple serious knee injuries in his young career.  It's just a fact of medical science.  He can stay in the pocket as much as you want him to but it doesn't eliminate that risk of another serious knee injury down the road.  Ask Carson Palmer. 

Guest justrelax
22 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Lot of football on a string.  Wish they had Hurts go through that fumble drill too. Is it crazy that I crave a year where the QB averages less than a fumble a game?  With Hurts being 6’ 1” it is good to see they brought in some flyswatter devices. 

Agree. As for height, both Brees and Wilson are shorter and they've done OK. Conversely, Wentz, who is 6'5" or 6'6" has had a lot of passes deflected at the LOS. Also, everything I've read about Sirianni's offense indicates a quicker passing scheme, lots of play-action, and screens. Quite different from Doug's deep throws. A sturdier OL and quicker throws should eliminate a lot of Hurts' fumbles.

55 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Maybe a new scheme where Schwartz doesn't constantly send him crashing into double teams will help him.

Personally I think he'd do well as a 5 technique DE in a 43 under and move him around to 3 tech.

Hes too good to just line up same spot every snap and run Into a double team.

4 hours ago, greend said:

and? Wentz aint our qb anymore, and also not our problem.

just talking about the list . easy there

tenor (1).gif

30 minutes ago, justrelax said:

"You can take a horticulture but you can't make her think." Dorothy Parker.

Ah, Dorothy Parker.  Some of the greatest quips ever.  To have sat at the Algonquin Round Table.  One of my favorites from Ms. Parker:

"If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.”

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Meltdown?  WTH are you talking about.  LOL.  You keep saying "much like”.  And again you’re wrong. 300lb OLineman are not "much like” a QB.  LOL.  Then you use Carson Palmer as the lone example?   What was that?  15 years ago?   Any pocket QB runs the same risk.   The risk isn’t greater because he’s already had the injury.  Pretty dumb for you to suggest that.   

I don’t even think you know what "reading comprehension” means.  It’s just a term someone else used on you and you think you’ll try to score points with it.  I’ve already addressed your "much like” comparisons.  Which again, is stupid.   Yet Maybe you don’t comprehend. 

The risk actually is greater so it's pretty dumb for you to suggest that it isn't. 

https://www.sports-health.com/sports-injuries/knee-injuries/acl-tear-causes-and-risk-factors#:~:text=These sports require frequent and,of tearing a normal ACL.

Previously torn ACL. The risk of re-tearing a previously repaired ACL is approximately 15% higher than the risk of tearing a normal ACL.  The risk of an ACL tear in the opposite knee is also higher once the injury has occurred in the first. 

Watson has torn his ACL in both of his knees. 

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

I’m sure he wants another ring. Philly is probably at least 3-4 years out of that possibility unless they land a great QB in FA

4 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I’m sure he wants another ring. Philly is probably at least 3-4 years out of that possibility unless they land a great QB in FA

Who needs to land a great QB in FA? We have a rookie contract QB which allows us to spend money elsewhere, adding the FA needed to compete. The SB window is open now.

3 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Who needs to land a great QB in FA? We have a rookie contract QB which allows us to spend money elsewhere, adding the FA needed to compete. The SB window is open now.

If you're not sure your rookie contract QB can actually play, and your defense is still as questionable as ever, I'd say it's fair to assume that the SB window is pretty tightly shut. Maybe luck breaks our way, but logically, we're not exactly in our strongest position.

14 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

The irrational exuberance phase of the season shouldn't start until we win one game unexpectedly but given the general tenor of the blog recently I will allow it.  

19 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

15% greater.  But not a huge % and I'm sure covers all positions.  And would be willing to be that QB's would have a lot lesser chance at reinjuring an ACL than other positions, like RB, WR, OL and DL.  And yet you failed to address the "much like" BS you keep spewing.  Again, you compared Watson's injury history to Dickerson's.  Which is the crux of my argument.  Because they have two different body compositions and more importantly, play two different positions. 

I'm not failing to address anything.  Dickerson has had major injuries that makes him more likely to have major injuries in the future.  Much like Dickerson, Watson has also had major injuries, and like I just showed you, he is at a higher chance of having more major knee injuries in the future. 

You're having a meltdown over something you have no ground to stand on.  I would be hesitant in giving up all the draft capital necessary on top of the salary cap space in a trade for Watson when there are legitimate concerns going forward over him suffering another major knee injury for a 3rd time at some point in his career.  I really have no idea why that bothers you so much. 

7 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

The irrational exuberance phase of the season shouldn't start until we win one game unexpectedly but given the general tenor of the blog recently I will allow it.  

New coach? New QB? Tons of dead cap money? Some think we are in a rebuild and years away, but, as the NFC East will learn, I'm afraid the Death Star is fully operational. We win the Division this year.

23 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

Yeah like spend money on a QB who can throw 

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

Most of us dont give a Flying F that women do to thier bodies. But when you use my tax money for it, is when I have an issue. 

Then again, I couldnt give a Flying F about the majority of sh11t in this country, just dont touch my money. 

Hey man Steelers gonna have a good year?

Watson is not a great QB, his sack totals aren't due to a bad OL but the fact he holds the ball far longer than average, trying to make big plays, and he's a stat padder.

He's a good QB, but overrated. In his two good seasons, Houston scored 402 and 378 points, scored 7 points in a wildcard game against Indy, 22 against Buffalo in WC game, 24 against KC in the divisional game (7 on a blocked punt). 53 offensive points in 3 PO games.

If you trade a king's ransom for him, you'll end up in no mans land, without a good enough team he can't carry it by himself.

He had solid talent in Houston, All pro LT, Miller/Hyde at RB, Hopkins, Stills, Fuller at WR.

In three years in Indy, Reich (SIrianni's mentor) scored 433, 361, 451 with Luck, Brissett and Rivers at QB, Mack/Hines/Taylor at RB, Hilton. Pascal and Pittman at WR, Ebron/Doyle at WR.

Better interior OL, but Tuinai >> Castonzo at LT.

So Indy outscored Houston with similar talent with two broken down veteran QBs and a scrub.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I didn't have a meltdown you dingus.  I am calling you out for your dumb comparison.  Just because someone calls you out, doesn't mean it is a meltdown.  You should know that by now.  Again, Watson is not "MUCH LIKE" Dickerson in anyway shape or form.  Their injury history is not comparable and the risk of further injury to the knees aren't comparable either.   

You're having a complete meltdown.  They are comparable in that they have both suffered multiple major injuries and are both at a higher risk of suffering another major injury going forward.  That is a fact of medical science.  I'm not sure why it is such a difficult thing for you to comprehend and come to terms with. Just because you don't like this fact does not then turn it into something that is untrue.  

Archived