EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

58 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

can we ban RTK again?

Not sure why someone would not have him on ignore at this point. I put him on that list after his first week back. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I'm sorry, but the Eagles RB corps in 2017 was not "below average". Blount and Ajayi were both pretty good. 

Yup.  And the OL more than made up for any deficiencies they might have had.   Blount wasn't going to make any DBs 'miss', but he would make them pay for trying to tackle him.   And the OL was good enough to get him into the secondary untouched more often than not.  Ajayi absolutely added another piece to let Blount stay fresh for the playoff run.  And Clement was a revelation that year.  He was very, very good as a receiver on swing passes, screens, etc.    I highlighted quite a few plays where he showed great vision and patience, letting the big guys get out in front of him and create seams for him to exploit... and when the end of the run came, he'd get skinny right on the hip of a blocker and maximized the yardage.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Do you know roughly how much of a hit we would take to trade him? Just curious.

4 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Do you know roughly how much of a hit we would take to trade him? Just curious.

7.9 dead, 16 million saved in 2021.  6.7 dead, 17.1 saved 2022.

53 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Not sure why someone would not have him on ignore at this point. I put him on that list after his first week back. 

Someone gave me that advice one day after I went back and forth with him.  Best advice ever.  It makes the board so much easier to get through.

If we can learn anything from Zach Ertz in handling Fletcher Cox it should be to not hold on to him too long.  Like Ertz, Cox is an all-time Eagle.  IMO, overpaid but in his prime he was an absolute force and still can be.

I would gladly eat $8 million to save $16 million if we can get a decent draft pick in return.

Might make a lot of sense to trade Cox for a 3rd and bring in Geno Atkins on a 1-year deal for Milton Williams to learn under.

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

7.9 dead, 16 million saved in 2021.  6.7 dead, 17.1 saved 2022.

Unless we are shocking the world, I would try to trade him to a contender at the deadline.

Guest justrelax
5 hours ago, matchew88 said:

Society arguing that the labor of men (taxes, free birth control) should go to pay stuff for women. It's a national pastime.

Women don’t pay taxes?

3 hours ago, DireWolf said:

Why do people who wind up writing for the New Yorker always love to describe "themselves" as having a lethal wit?

The only thing lethal about them is their aroma and it's effect on small sand crabs. 

I was just wondering about this exact same thing when I woke up this morning.  

I guess they are negotiating on some type of injury related protection with Dickerson. That would be my only guess why he's last.

Guest justrelax
3 hours ago, DireWolf said:

Why do people who wind up writing for the New Yorker always love to describe "themselves" as having a lethal wit?

The only thing lethal about them is their aroma and it's effect on small sand crabs. 

Out of curiosity, what inspired these comments?

1 minute ago, justrelax said:

His "lethal wit"

2 minutes ago, justrelax said:

image.jpeg.6b071de2bc5fbbf583ccbbe6ac5be6ab.jpeg

10 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Women don’t pay taxes?

Look if you get into this then that will escalate to you calling him sexist and the next thing you know he will be talking about all of the women who have put him in the friendzone.  

3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Good one.  What's next of your mature response? A "your mom is so fat" joke? 

Yo mamma Is so fat her blood type is ragu!

3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Good one.  What's next of your mature response? A "your mom is so fat" joke? 

Yo momma so fat she put on a red dress and everyone started yelling "KOOOOLLL-AID!!” 

6 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

He's an investor.  So, of course he's going to pump it up. 

Yup, it's like watching a bad late night infomercial.. And about as useful

Guest justrelax
41 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Look if you get into this then that will escalate to you calling him sexist and the next thing you know he will be talking about all of the women who have put him in the friendzone.  

Thank you. I have been warned and will go stand in the corner. Besides, it’s cooler there.

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Top 3 offense in the NFC with Dak who spend the entire off season putting talent on the defense. 

Incredible weak schedule and they went 6-10 while playing with 2 QB's who shouldnt of been in the league.

I hate the cowboys but im a realist(which isnt allowed here) 

Yup I agree, I thi k it's their division to lose.

Dak is the best qb in the division, and while Zeke isn't as dominant as he was he's still a capable back who can threaten a defense.

I think Parsons could help that defense, he's a guy who can blitz play the run and the pass.

He seems like kind of a d bag but hey he's playing football not nurse so...

Their WRs are still a threat and still a solid I line 

I think the only challenge for them will be WFT,that defense is stacked, and if Fitzpatrick can be more Fitzmagic than Fitztragic they could take the division 

10 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Top 3 offense in the NFC with Dak who spend the entire off season putting talent on the defense. 

Incredible weak schedule and they went 6-10 while playing with 2 QB's who shouldnt of been in the league.

If it weren't for the WFT defense I would say Dallas sweeps the division. Yes, their defense is bad. But to win this division you don’t need much. Dak, if he is the same player he was pre-injury, can squeeze out enough 35-31 victories outside of the division to win the East.

I wouldn't say the team as a whole is really good but they certainly should be favorites to win this crap division. Come playoff time though that 35-31 victory probably becomes a 36-28 loss

41 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Medicaid pays into it( pay into that0, and grant is just a fancy word for saying Tax payer money. 

I would pay more in taxes if I got to choose where the money went(I believe most people would)

I also believe we spend too much money on wasted projects, wasted situations and things we shouldnt be a part of(post office and abortions come to mind) and yes I know they're both grants 

If one wants to limit abortion get a vasectomy.

The simplest way to decrease abortion and save taxes would be to regulate men's bodies not women's 

A women during a 10 month period of time can get pregnant exactly 1 time, during that same amount of time 1 man can potentially impregnate 100s of women.

It's simple math, want to decrease abortions shift the responsibility the gender with the potential to lead to more abortions, men, and regulate their bodies.

Of course that would never happen because the majority of law makers are Men.

I think I like WFT more than Dallas. Dallas has a high powered offense with a still bad defense. Parsons helps a little but they lost more players in their secondary from last year and are going to be heavily relying on their rookie class to step in immediately. Dallas O-Line is overrated. Still good, but they are breaking down. If they lose Smith or Martin for stretches they are in trouble. 

Washington obviously has the elite D, but they also are pairing it with a decent offense. They seem on paper to be more complete with a better coaching staff. Obviously their weakness is a big one. QB. And that could be all that matters in the end. If they can get average QB play across the entire season it’s going to be a tight race. 

52 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Cowboys don't deserve and therefore aren't afforded realism.  They always suck.  

Archived