EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Utebird said:

I never understood why after getting to the  NFCCG with Keenum the vikings went and signed Kirk Cousins of all qbs to a huge contract to replace kennum.

I mean Keenum is no all pro but either is Cousins and  Keenum seemed to have really good Chemistry in that offense and with that team 

Cousins always puts up stats but never wins jack.

Hes like basketball player that gets 25 points a game but had to put up 25 shots to get there.

Just empty stats that don't move the needle.

Keenum was the backup going into the season. I agree paying Cousins a ton made no sense now or then but I’m guessing they were never really high on Keenum 

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Keenum was the backup going into the season. I agree paying Cousins a ton made no sense now or then but I’m guessing they were never really high on Keenum 

I still chuckle when I think about what the Vikings gave Coupons. Hilarious. 

9 hours ago, eagle45 said:

BE01A7A7-762B-486F-89FB-4D68B6921C4A.jpeg

I don’t think Watson will play this year, or perhaps ever again. 

9 hours ago, Utebird said:

Yup,I think eagles offense this year will be fine, they won't be the greatest show on turf and they'll be better than the 98 eagles. 

I think the defense might struggle to keep other teams from scoring but who knows maybe gannon pulls something out of his magic hat.

If Maddox goes into the season as CB 2 on the outside eagles aren't going to win many games unless they're putting up 40 burgers weekly.

Based off of last season an O that averages 385 ypg, 28 points and 1-ish T/O a game would usually be a winner. Last season Eagles 335 ypg, 21 points and 29 T/O’s in 16 games. We led the league in yards lost by sacks at 400, middle of the pack is like 240 or the equivalent of 10 yards more of offense. We actually were net positive on penalty yards, 183 as a team. TB led the league with 376. Improved play by the OL would help with the sack yardage and T/O’s lost then it’s up to Hurts. What I saw Hurts being shorter needs a bigger pocket so as to make it easier to see the entire field, having 6-8 big ass OL and DL disrupting your 6’1” view needs to be schemed better

On 6/4/2021 at 3:55 PM, devpool said:

At the 1st Gritty 5k they gave out hot dogs at the very end before the finish line, it was awesome 

Well go ahead and run 12 miles on a 90 degree high humidity day over "rolling hills" (code words to experienced runners that this might suck) drink a couple of beers and see if you have the motivation to run the last mile. 

On 6/4/2021 at 3:57 PM, EricAllenPick6 said:

Ever run a beer mile?  The rules: chug a beer, run a quarter lap, repeat 4x.  If you puke, you lose.  Winner is the fastest to run + drink.

I have not run one, but it sounds like fun... (kind of...)

No, and I doubt I ever will.

9 hours ago, Original Sin said:

another Manning QB  , Arch working out at Clemson today , obviously they offered him a scholarship 

"Flipped the Ball"?

11 hours ago, vaeagle2 said:

and wentz right behind him after last years crap show

and? Wentz aint our qb anymore, and also not our problem.

14 minutes ago, greend said:

"Flipped the Ball"?

In his hands after he pump faked

27 minutes ago, greend said:

"Flipped the Ball"?

These people who share videos on twitter get excited over the tiniest things.  For example, you would have thought Devonta Smith made an OBJ type of one-handed catch last week.  

That jack ass ESP thought we could have possibly gotten Julio for a 5th 😆

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

These people who share videos on twitter get excited over the tiniest things.  For example, you would have thought Devonta Smith made an OBJ type of one-handed catch last week.  

I watched a bunch of his workout at Clemson , and there is plenty to get excited about  , and he is only 16

5 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I don’t think Watson will play this year, or perhaps ever again. 

Why?  He didn't seriously injure anyone as far as anything I've read or heard.  That entire episode will come down to a financial settlement, an NFL suspension of between 8 games and one season, and he'll be a sought-after commodity for 2022.

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

I watched a bunch of his workout at Clemson , and there is plenty to get excited about  , and he is only 16

Oh I believe it.  He's going to be special.  My comment was in regards to the subtle ball flip.  

7 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Why?  He didn't seriously injure anyone as far as anything I've read or heard.  That entire episode will come down to a financial settlement, an NFL suspension of between 8 games and one season, and he'll be a sought-after commodity for 2022.

First ever offense for Watson. He will get 8 games. 

15 hours ago, Utebird said:

I really hate when these rankings cone out and have rookies that have never taken a snap ranked ahead of guys in the league 

What the heck has Lawrence done to be the 21st ranked qb???

What the heck has Justin fields done to be ranked at 25 and ahead of Zach Wilson whom went 2nd overall and why are both neither of which have taken a snap ranked ahead of hurts???

Just whacky no method to the madness rankings

The worst part about PFF is that they hold themselves out as being some sort of objective analysis when the reality is that they rely heavily on subjective opinion about a players.   

The only issue for Watson could be the multiple complaints against him and the current societal focus from the NFL.  It will be an interesting square to circle for the NFL.  Can you remain right on but let a player accused of inappropriate behaviour against multiple women keep playing, even after a suspension?  Where does the modern day NFL set it's standard?

8 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

The worst part about PFF is that they hold themselves out as being some sort of objective analysis when the reality is that they rely heavily on subjective opinion about a players.   

And woe betide you pointing it out.  Their positional snaps stats are very useful as they are factual and obervable.  The rest is nothing more than chucking stastical spaghetti against a wall.  No matter how much Collinsworth pumps it up, it isn't all that

Beyond the off the field stuff with Watson the guy has tore his ACL in both knees.  That makes me hesitant to go in on trading for a guy with both the large amount of draft capital and cap space it would take to obtain him.  Much like our center of the future, the odds of a future injury are higher. 

7 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

And woe betide you pointing it out.  Their positional snaps stats are very useful as they are factual and obervable.  The rest is nothing more than chucking stastical spaghetti against a wall.  No matter how much Collinsworth pumps it up, it isn't all that

He's an investor.  So, of course he's going to pump it up. 

On 6/5/2021 at 7:47 PM, WentzFan11 said:

Men arguing about what women should do with their bodies. It’s a national pastime. 

Society arguing that the labor of men (taxes, free birth control) should go to pay stuff for women. It's a national pastime.

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Hardly a similar concern.  Watson would need to develop and be more of a pocket QB.  But ACL on QB's compared to 300+ lb O-lineman are not even close to being the same concern level for me.  

If you're the Eagles and the concerns about the "off the field" stuff with Watson have disappeared and you can get him for a 1st and a maybe a futured 3rd.  You do it.  He alone, would make this offense pretty darn good.  If you have any concerns about the "off the field" stuff then he should be off limits.  

Comparing his injury history to Dickerson's is just ridiculous.  Just come out and say you like Hurts and want to believe he is a guy that be really good in the future.

I'm not sure how an injury that would be season ending and include long offseason of rehab would not be of concern to you. 

And have no idea how Hurts will pan out. I certainly think he has deserves this season to show if he can or can't be the guy going forward but that's all independent of my views of going after Watson after this upcoming season.  Investing the draft capital and cap space in a guy who has tore the ACL in both knees already worries me due to the likelihood that there will be another ACL tear in his future. 

20 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

He might be a sought after commodity.  His behavior doesn't speak to his stability.  I mean the best case scenario is that he was essentially soliciting sex from prostitutes.  I am not judging him but that's just not emotionally stable behavior.  So why would you want to trade multiple picks for someone who may go out and get arrested for similar behavior in the future.  These suits may also impact his employability from a public perception.  If the litigation is protracted and there are a bunch of depositions that make it to the news or if there's a trial, I am not sure what will happen with his career.  He could become a public pariah.  As much we might look at Mike Vick and think well anyone can rehabilitate their career, Vick did plead guilty and served his time.  If Watson is found liable it will be him fighting until he gets to a jury.  So the public perception may be that he has never accepted culpability for his behavior.  Not to mention that there is at least a criminal investigation based on a complaint.  

I think his talent will outweigh the conduct but I would be very hesitant to commit to him long term.  There will be other QBs with less baggage and similar talent.  

Julio is now traded.  Will the other pass catcher, Ertz, be next?

Teams are shredding salary to make room for signing rookies and/or FA.  The Eagles signed most of the rookies already.  Extra money can go to FAs and, at lesser extent, extending players.  The CB still needs help.

Archived