EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I really hate when these rankings cone out and have rookies that have never taken a snap ranked ahead of guys in the league 

What the heck has Lawrence done to be the 21st ranked qb???

What the heck has Justin fields done to be ranked at 25 and ahead of Zach Wilson whom went 2nd overall and why are both neither of which have taken a snap ranked ahead of hurts???

Just whacky no method to the madness rankings

You could flip those ranked 11-20 with 21-30 and the list might be more accurate 

13 hours ago, The guy in France said:

Atlas Pooped and it trickled down down down. Time to end this nonsense

Agreed and collectivism is the nonsense

3 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Chris Simms doesn't have Hurts in his top 40.

Why would he?

9 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Chris Simms doesn't have Hurts in his top 40.

I’m clearly not a Hurts fan but that’s ridiculous 

22 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’m clearly not a Hurts fan but that’s ridiculous 

I'm not sure it is.

3 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I'm not sure it is.

He has some scrub like Case Keenum in there and an even later round rookie like Mond in his top 40. I would take Hurts over both of those guys. There are other questionable guys in there also. I don’t think there are 31 starting QBs and 9 backups that should be ahead of him. 

14 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Simms is a knucklehead , he says stuff for shock value . 

He definitely doesn't, and he has a really good track record.

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

I really hate when these rankings cone out and have rookies that have never taken a snap ranked ahead of guys in the league 

What the heck has Lawrence done to be the 21st ranked qb???

What the heck has Justin fields done to be ranked at 25 and ahead of Zach Wilson whom went 2nd overall and why are both neither of which have taken a snap ranked ahead of hurts???

Just whacky no method to the madness rankings

Get that Tom Brady chip on your shoulder, Jalen.  

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

While I am not a Hurts believer, I also am not a PFF believer.

Like some of PFFs metrics, I think they do a good job breaking down positions that aren't as simple to evaluate at first glance like OLine and D-linE.

I'm not sure the metric if any they used for this qb ranking but it's whack.

If Jameis Winston is the 24th best qb in the league what does that say about the state of football???

21 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He has some scrub like Case Keenum in there and an even later round rookie like Mond in his top 40. I would take Hurts over both of those guys. There are other questionable guys in there also. I don’t think there are 31 starting QBs and 9 backups that should be ahead of him. 

Case Keenum holds a lot of NCAA records and has been in the league as long as Foles and Wilson.  Hard to call him a scub.  He is a decent back up QB  

If Brooks and Johnson recover to preinjury state and barring a lot of injuries, there is the potential that this is a decent offense. 

Just now, BigEFly said:

Case Keenum holds a lot of NCAA records and has been in the league as long as Foles and Wilson.  Hard to call him a scub.  He is a decent back up QB  

If Brooks and Johnson recover to preinjury state and barring a lot of injuries, there is the potential that this is a decent offense. 

Yup,I think eagles offense this year will be fine, they won't be the greatest show on turf and they'll be better than the 98 eagles. 

I think the defense might struggle to keep other teams from scoring but who knows maybe gannon pulls something out of his magic hat.

If Maddox goes into the season as CB 2 on the outside eagles aren't going to win many games unless they're putting up 40 burgers weekly.

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I'm not sure about the offense but we definitely need everyone healthy so we can accurately evaluate Hurts

It'd be awesome if we didn't have to use those 1st rounders on a QB next year

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

BE01A7A7-762B-486F-89FB-4D68B6921C4A.jpeg

While I disagree with some of this list, Hurts should absolutely be near the bottom.

8 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

He’s 27-35 as a starter and on his 7th team in 7 years. He’s a journeyman backup. He hasn’t shown anything recently to be in the top 40 going into 2021.

11 minutes ago, Swoop said:

While I disagree with some of this list, Hurts should absolutely be near the bottom.

and wentz right behind him after last years crap show

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He’s 27-35 as a starter and on his 7th team in 7 years. He’s a journeyman backup. He hasn’t shown anything recently to be in the top 40 going into 2021.

I never understood why after getting to the  NFCCG with Keenum the vikings went and signed Kirk Cousins of all qbs to a huge contract to replace kennum.

I mean Keenum is no all pro but either is Cousins and  Keenum seemed to have really good Chemistry in that offense and with that team 

Cousins always puts up stats but never wins jack.

Hes like basketball player that gets 25 points a game but had to put up 25 shots to get there.

Just empty stats that don't move the needle.

1 hour ago, vaeagle2 said:

and wentz right behind him after last years crap show

Could make the argument, but he at least has shown something in the past. 

I’m just hopeful the Eagles don’t fall into the trap ARI is in — where they think Kyler Murray is really good, where in reality he is really crummy 

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I’m just hopeful the Eagles don’t fall into the trap ARI is in — where they think Kyler Murray is really good, where in reality he is really crummy 

Idk that I'd say crummy, but overall I agree. Hes good, but I don't think he's good enough to ever win a SB unless he has a top D and a stacked offense.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think that may be a reflection on backup QBs throughout the league.  It is kind of amazing who has longevity as back ups as opposed to who bombed.  Fitzmagic is a journeyman too but he has stuck for a long time.  

another Manning QB  , Arch working out at Clemson today , obviously they offered him a scholarship 

Archived