EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

As great as Watson is as a player, & sure he’d elevate the team greatly, it’s probably best Eagles don’t go the Watson route no matter the outcome of his civil case. I personally would have a really difficult time supporting this team while he’s on it, I’d probably stop watching or watch considerably less Eagles games until he’d be off the team. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

yeah onions are great , just had 2 checker dogs with raw onions , heavy mustard and chili with a large sweet tea and apple pie. LOL

What's a checker dog???

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

yes it’s Watson’s fault the Texans were bottom 5 or 10 in the league against the run, turnovers and ppg allowed. bottom 7 against the pass. Clearly the Texans problems were just watson as to why they won just 4 games. Meanwhile watson put up numbers better than wentz’s near mvp season. I would suggest looking at the dysfunction of the Texans and their god awful defense for the 4 wins. you know 30th in yards allowed, 32nd against the run, 24th against the pass, 31st in QBR allowed, 29th in the league on 3rd down defense, 27th in ppg allowed and 32nd in takeaways with just 9. Maybe just maybe that defense being arguably the worst in the league besides Dallas could be the issue 

Totally his fault they lost games when they scored 38, 36 and 31 points.  Totally his fault Henry ran for 462 yards in 2 games against them.

Just now, Utebird said:

What's a checker dog???

checkers i meant , you have heard of them right

Just now, vaeagle2 said:

No. Are they good?

18 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup, I'm not sayi g the eagles didn't or don't have interest, it's all just moot at this point until the legal issues are resolved 

I don’t disagree it’s not happening until the legal stuff is over.

However (before the issues and even after the issues resolved if they are in Watson’s favor) people pretending a 25 year old pro bowl QB who’s a top 10 QB and closer to 5 then 10 isn’t something howie would inquirer about or a trade the eagles would consider making is laughable. Before the eagles had their current assets and issues off the field for watson, Jeff mclane dropped a bombshell of sources around the league stating howie would give up everything to get him. So if cleared, the eagles wouldn’t do it now that they have better assets then they had on March 18 when mclane dropped that nugget which since has been re-iterated by multiple people. 

I’m not saying just go do it. I’m saying it makes more sense the eagles are interested then everyone on here claiming they won’t. 

Just now, Utebird said:

No. Are they good?

yeah they have burgers , chicken burgers , wings and dogs , not to many places do dogs . it was on my side south route 1 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Onions, Mustard, Chili, Relish (or pepper relish) is my favorite hot dog.  Actually I have been putting "chow chow" on my hot dogs lately. Never heard of it until I moved down here.   NO KETCHUP!  Unless, you live in hazleton.  

yeah ketchup does not belong on a dog

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Let's check. 

Hey @HazletonEagle  What do you put on a Hot Dog?

yeah i grew up with my grand pa and dad taking me to the ballparks and was taught that it doesn't belong

8 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

5 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

yeah they have burgers , chicken burgers , wings and dogs , not to many places do dogs . it was on my side south route 1 

yeah ketchup does not belong on a dog

I think the closest checkers to me is in Texas, though I think I remember seeing one when we were on a road trip 

Never had it.

Ketchup spicy mustard relish onions mayonnaise it's all good👍

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don’t disagree it’s not happening until the legal stuff is over.

However (before the issues and even after the issues resolved if they are in Watson’s favor) people pretending a 25 year old pro bowl QB who’s a top 10 QB and closer to 5 then 10 isn’t something howie would inquirer about or a trade the eagles would consider making is laughable. Before the eagles had their current assets and issues off the field for watson, Jeff mclane dropped a bombshell of sources around the league stating howie would give up everything to get him. So if cleared, the eagles wouldn’t do it now that they have better assets then they had on March 18 when mclane dropped that nugget which since has been re-iterated by multiple people. 

I’m not saying just go do it. I’m saying it makes more sense the eagles are interested then everyone on here claiming they won’t. 

I could see Howie being a big proponent of bringing in Watson.

I wouldn't be but last I checked Howie doesn't care what I think😊

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Totally his fault they lost games when they scored 38, 36 and 31 points.  Totally his fault Henry ran for 462 yards in 2 games against them.

The Cowboys were a historically bad defense and yet the Texans were arguably worse. just compare them it’s really close. 

dallas ppg allowed: 28th (29.6ppg) 

texans ppg allowed: 27th (29.0ppg)

Dallas yards per game: 23rd (386.4)

texans yards per game: 30th (416.8)

Dallas rush yards allowed per game: 31st (158.8)

texans rush yards allowed per game: 32nd (160.3)

dallas pass yards allowed per game: 11th (227 yards)

Texans rush yards allowed per game: 24th (256 yards)

Dallas takeaways: 7th in the league (23 total)

houston takeaways: 32nd in the league (9)

Dallas 3rd down defense: 26th (46.9%)

Texans 3rd down defense: 29th (47.5%)

legitimately the Texans were worse in every statistical category on defense then the Cowboys besides ppg allowed which was by 0.6 

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I think the closest checkers to me is in Texas, though I think I remember seeing one when we were on a road trip 

Never had it.

Ketchup spicy mustard relish onions mayonnaise it's all good👍

there's only 1 here south route 1 side in woodbridge va. drove by after stocking up my van for a job and was like yeah dog time and 2 apple pies for a dollar LOL

Just now, vaeagle2 said:

there's only 1 here south route 1 side in woodbridge va. drove by after stocking up my van for a job and was like yeah dog time and 2 apple pies for a dollar LOL

That sounds awesome.

There is a place in Utah, called J Dawgs, they cook there dogs in some kind of bbq glaze.

They're pretty good and popular in Utah, I think they sell them at BYU games.

Here in Wichita though I don't know if any good hot dog places.

Though if you haven't ever smoked a hot dog in a smoker you're missing out. Tasty stuff 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

legitimately the Texans were worse in every statistical category on defense then the Cowboys besides ppg allowed which was by 0.6 

And they fired the coach/gm week 4.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And they fired the coach/gm week 4.

they really make the eagles dysfunction look minuscule. 

This discussion just reminds me that i should draft Derrick henry if available in fantasy because the only decent defense in that division is the colts and they even struggle to stop him. Gave up 281 rushing yards to him lol. 

54 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

That won’t get many likes around here but in terms of winning the Super Bowl, you’re spot on.

And on a side note, if the Eagles sign Watson and his 40+ mil a year contract in the middle of a "2 year rebuild” instead of giving Hurts and the younger guys at least 1 season to showcase themselves, I’ll be convinced that the Eagles FO have lost their minds.   Giving up the draft capital and resources (including salary cap room) needed to sign Watson would be a catastrophic mistake and something that could take years to "fix” if it doesn’t pan out, IMO. 

I’m not in it for likes dawg. In it for gasps homeslice 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The Cowboys were a historically bad defense and yet the Texans were arguably worse. just compare them it’s really close. 

dallas ppg allowed: 28th (29.6ppg) 

texans ppg allowed: 27th (29.0ppg)

Dallas yards per game: 23rd (386.4)

texans yards per game: 30th (416.8)

Dallas rush yards allowed per game: 31st (158.8)

texans rush yards allowed per game: 32nd (160.3)

dallas pass yards allowed per game: 11th (227 yards)

Texans rush yards allowed per game: 24th (256 yards)

Dallas takeaways: 7th in the league (23 total)

houston takeaways: 32nd in the league (9)

Dallas 3rd down defense: 26th (46.9%)

Texans 3rd down defense: 29th (47.5%)

So, you figure where the Eagles are in their competitive cycle it makes any sense to bring Watson to PHI?  Acquire a QB from a 4-win team, pay him $35-40M+, and bring him to another 4-win team, and expect .... what -- 12 or 13 wins?  

Or maybe build a roster through the draft, let a young core of players become a competitive team, then draft a QB as a final piece at < $7M (like, say, Justin Herbert makes currently) might make a little more sense?

The entire notion is dumb and it would be malpractice -- not even getting into how said QB signed a mega-contract and made trade demands not even a year later because he thinks the NFL is the NBA, and he should have the clout to be involved with executive hires.

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

they really make the eagles dysfunction look minuscule. 

This discussion just reminds me that i should draft Derrick henry if available in fantasy because the only decent defense in that division is the colts and they even struggle to stop him. Gave up 281 rushing yards to him lol. 

Guy has his best season as a pro, after they trade DeAndre Hopkins, with the 31st ranked running game in the league, and people act like he is a bum.

image.thumb.png.f9bdcf01b2edd8499242ae135a95a73f.png

6 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

then draft a QB as a final piece

Draft is a crap shoot.  Deshaun Watson is a known commodity.

12 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

So, you figure where the Eagles are in their competitive cycle it makes any sense to bring Watson to PHI?  Acquire a QB from a 4-win team, pay him $35-40M+, and bring him to another 4-win team, and expect .... what -- 12 or 13 wins?  

Or maybe build a roster through the draft, let a young core of players become a competitive team, then draft a QB as a final piece at < $7M (like, say, Justin Herbert makes currently) might make a little more sense?

The entire notion is dumb and it would be malpractice -- not even getting into how said QB signed a mega-contract and made trade demands not even a year later because he thinks the NFL is the NBA, and he should have the clout to be involved with executive hires.

I firmly believe the eagles are better equipped then the Texans and that defense who also just got rid of jj watt and some others.

Also I’m not giving up every pick i have to acquire watson. I think some of you think the world is ending if you give up 2 first for watson. You’d still have the rest of your draft picks in 2022 and beyond. and potentially still a first rounder if the wentz pick becomes a first rounder which you were soooooo sure it was going too. So i still have a 2022 first and the rest of my draft in the next couple years. 

Just to point out cause the eagles have done a ton of great drafting over the years that you’d think they’d do a great job drafting and developing those picks? There’s the potentially you select all 3 first round picks and none of them work out. It just one or hopefully 2-3 all those are possibilities. You act like they are just automatically hitting on them and having success. That’s a false narrative. 

It’s really not dumb if you get a franchise QB who’s 25 years old and proven top 10 (assuming he has his all resolved which is the only way this is remotely happening)and still have future picks to work with and eventually cap space as the salary cap increase. You know what’s really naive thinking? Just assuming the eagles will just build up the roster hit on pick after pick then magically have a QB fall into their lap at exactly the right time or have the assets then to just get that QB in a trade when other teams could have better assets then. 

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Draft is a crap shoot.  Deshaun Watson is a known commodity.

Where are you getting the money?  

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Guy has his best season as a pro, after they trade DeAndre Hopkins, with the 31st ranked running game in the league, and people act like he is a bum.

Not a bum.  A highly paid malcontent -- of questionable character.

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

You would have to trade a player.  Obviously Hurts would be part of the package, gets you almost a million in cap space, and I think if they were going to extend Barnett they would have done it by now, so you trade him.  

7 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

If traded in 2021 his cap hit is 10.4 mil. I can find ways to make it work this year

With the cap in future years, is going to continue to increase with the new tv deals. There’s some guys who at their cap number in 2022 aren’t going to be back or they are being restructured. 

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Not a bum.  A highly paid malcontent -- of questionable character.

So if you are the Texans QB, would you be peachy if they traded one of the 3 best WR's in the game ??

Archived