EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, austinfan said:

He's not a bum, he's just overrated.

The most important stat for a QB is team points, and it's not like he lacks talent, he had Cooks, Fuller & Cobb at WR, Akins & Fells at TE, a pro bowl LT, 1st rd pick at RT and (2) 2nd rd picks o his OL. That's about equivalent to what Indy fielded last season.Texans put up 384 points, Indy 451 points with the corpse of Rivers at QB.

Four years at QB, 17th, 11th, 14th & 18th in points scored.

I wouldn't put it all at the feet of Watson, some of that falls on Bill O'Brien and his coaching staff as well.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, austinfan said:

He's not a bum, he's just overrated.

The most important stat for a QB is team points, and it's not like he lacks talent, he had Cooks, Fuller & Cobb at WR, Akins & Fells at TE, a pro bowl LT, 1st rd pick at RT and (2) 2nd rd picks o his OL. That's about equivalent to what Indy fielded last season.Texans put up 384 points, Indy 451 points with the corpse of Rivers at QB.

Four years at QB, 17th, 11th, 14th & 18th in points scored.

I’m assuming you get more points and possessions when your defense doesn’t finish dead last in the league in takeaways with 9 or a defense that statistically was worse than the Cowboys in every single category besides points by 0.6 

9 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

Or in your case, a sweet kick in the ovaries 

Almost to 500 posts Nancy!  Make your next one count, because your previous 499 have SUCKED!  🤪

1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

I wouldn't put it all at the feet of Watson, some of that falls on Bill O'Brien and his coaching staff as well.

I’m guessing if the Texans weren’t dead last in takeaways or just god awful on defense he likely gets more possessions and more points. 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m guessing if the Texans weren’t dead last in takeaways or just god awful on defense he likely gets more possessions and more points. 

Yeah, there's that, too. Organizationally, they just haven't been very good.

My 2 cents on Watson and a possible trade for him.  I'm not doing it.  This team lacks playmakers on every level, is getting old in what's considered the strength of the team and really has nothing in the cupboard waiting in the wings.

-We have high hopes for DeVonte Smith. but he's still an unknown, as is Reagor and the rest of the WR corps. 

-Dallas Goedert needs to be re-signed and from the sounds of it, his contract is going to be a DOOZY.  Even behind him, we have Dick Rod and some big guys learning how to play TE.

-Miles Sanders is a good running back entering his final year.  

-Derek Barnett is an average DE who barely plays above 50% of the snaps and is going to get paid better than average starting DE money...will it be here?

-Sweat needs a new contract.

-BG, Cox, Slay, McLeod, Kerrigan are all on their last legs with no one waiting in the wings.

-Jake Elliott, hate to say it, isn't a good kicker but has a huge, uncuttable contract.

-New contract needed for Mailata...is he going to get $40-$50 million?

-CB2...we all know the deal.  Heck, even our slot CB is questionable and if it's Maddox, he needs a new deal.  

If you trade for Watson, say goodbye to at least 2 of the 1st round picks we have and there's no guarantee the Colts is a 1st yet.  We all hope it is.  Watson is very good, but if he couldn't carry the Texans on his back, there's no reason to think he could carry this talentless Eagles team.

Now to revisit the bullet points above in what I think happens.

-I'd love to see Smith, Reagor and Fulgham become a great starting WR crew for Hurts.  If those 3 guys produce, this team is looking a lot better.

-I have no idea what to think at TE.  I'm not comfortable paying Goedert top 3 money but the TE room is just empty.  

-Miles Sanders just turned 24.  There were several rankings showing that he is anywhere from 19th to the mid 20s which is tough to argue.  If I'm the Eagles, I'm giving him a 3-4 year extension at a very reasonable price.  He shouldn't be expensive.

-Barnett is a trade deadline candidate for me.  He hasn't proven to be worth where he was drafted, he hasn't shown he can stay healthy and he's just an average DE.  We can do better in round 1.

-I'm trying to figure out how to keep Sweat here.  He's one of the young guys they have but it sucks he has the knee.  Never going to be a starter, but a valuable pass rusher.

-BG, Cox, Slay, McCleod, Kerrigan....time to go.  We need their replacements.

-Would feel better with Jake from State Farm but we're stuck.

-Mailata comes back on a Big V type of contract.

-CB1 (Slays replacement) and CB2 in round 1.

3 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Yeah, there's that, too. Organizationally, they just haven't been very good.

Yup from top to bottom. Haven’t even brought up their oline 3 of the last 4 by pff as 23rd or worst. The one year they event they were ranked 20th. I also tend to think the eagles oline when healthy is light years better than the Texans. 

10 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

-Barnett is a trade deadline candidate for me.  He hasn't proven to be worth where he was drafted, he hasn't shown he can stay healthy and he's just an average DE.  We can do better in round 1.

-BG, Cox, Slay, McCleod, Kerrigan....time to go.  We need their replacements.

-CB1 (Slays replacement) and CB2 in round 1.

And these are all issues because Roseman is horrible draft weekend.  If Barnett is gone, That means we drafted 26 players from 2016 - 2019, and only 7 would still be on the roster ( I do not expect Pryor or JJAWful to make it this year )

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

I don't know if some of you guys suffer from recency bias, or facts just don't get in your way once you've formed an opinion:

March 2020 -- Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins

September 2020 -- Deshaun Watson signs mega contract extension with Texans

You guys can argue in circles or re-write events all you want to suit your positions, but it becomes a waste of time discussing it when the absurdity of your stance gets to this point.

Come on, guys.  You should be better than this.    

Yeah come on guys in a chat room blog!?! What’s wrong with you guys!!!  

What a pathetic read this was. How can a blog be so important to someone? You need a hobby or a hug or something….

5 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Same soup, just reheated. What's happening?

The doldrums of the off season.  Thank god it is almost over.  You think our boy Hakeem Butler has a shot to turn into something in Philly as a TE ??

Just now, downundermike said:

And these are all issues because Roseman is horrible draft weekend.  If Barnett is gone, That means we drafted 26 players from 2016 - 2019, and only 7 would still be on the roster ( I do not expect Pryor or JJAWful to make it this year )

Yep, it's a double edge sword for sure.

I'm just a stupid fan who every year falls in to the  maybe he will learn thought process.  I look at the talent in the 2022 draft and drool at the idea of having a potential 3 first round picks.

We could solve both starting DEs and CBs in the first 2 rounds...IF Howie knew how to draft.

-OR-

We could be in position for the best QB in the draft while still having 2 other 1st round picks for DE1 and CB1.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You think our boy Hakeem Butler has a shot to turn into something in Philly as a TE ??

Who knows? But I doubt it.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The doldrums of the off season.  Thank god it is almost over.  You think our boy Hakeem Butler has a shot to turn into something in Philly as a TE ??

I liked Hakeem Butler coming out of college. I think it depends on what happens with Ertz. If he is traded Butler could have a shot. 

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

None of that matters if you don’t have your QB.  I’m not saying Watson is the one.  But if they believe he is then they will do it.  But all of those players and possibilities you listed are nice.  But again, no franchise QB. Don’t matter.  

spacer.png

I sent the Yogi Oki Doki Yoga Farm video to my wife, and now she won't talk to me

3 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

I liked Hakeem Butler coming out of college. I think it depends on what happens with Ertz. If he is traded Butler could have a shot. 

Maybe new coach will drum up some more critical 4th down back shoulder fades to him for his 1st play on the field.  

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I sent the Yogi Oki Doki Yoga Farm video to my wife, and now she won't talk to me

I sent to mine last night and heard her listening to it in her office.  She opened the door and yelled "WTF was that?  I'm not watching that ish you f'in weirdo."  :roll:   She's also 8.5 months pregnant so I don't think that helped.  

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don't blame her, had no idea what it was and looked it up, I will now ignore you.

j/k on that last part, maybe

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

What's this?

4 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

I don't blame her, had no idea what it was and looked it up, I will now ignore you.

j/k on that last part, maybe

I blame @4for4EaglesNest he brought it into my life and now I have to pass it on to other innocents. Its like The Ring, or something. 

5 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I sent to mine last night and heard her listening to it in her office.  She opened the door and yelled "WTF was that?  I'm not watching that ish you f'in weirdo."  :roll:   She's also 8.5 months pregnant so I don't think that helped.  

She texted me the same "WTF IS THIS?" and then hit me with the Dwayne Haskins wife face when she came home

Archived