EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

What's this?

If you're on the beach, google it and show the video to your kids!  It's fun for the whole family.  

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, hputenis said:

If you're on the beach, google it and show the video to your kids!  It's fun for the whole family.  

Throne of Lies - Reaction GIFs

6 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah but are they really flawed?  It's not like all of these guys were major reaches.  Reagor was a reach for us, but not like he was slotted to go in the 3rd round.  He would have went by #40 at the latest, I would think.  It's just as much about lack of development.  Not to say Howie doesn't deserve to be slammed for the drafts.  But eventually someone needs to be developed.  They don't have to be top 10 picks to be good WR in this league.  There are a small handful of wr’s in this league that can do it all with regulatory.  

but you have to go back to the drafting of d Jackson to find a good pick.  You have avant- who was solid not great.  And I’m not even gunna go into further history in the matter.  Ughg

and I’m of the belief that top wr talent is more in the player already and not his development 

this teams history at wr is grim. 

Thank you @4for4EaglesNest for bestowing this beautiful gift of Yogi Oki Doki upon us.  Very courageous of you to show us never seen footage of your childhood summer camp videos.   

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Do It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

spacer.png

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

:roll:

This article is EXACTLY how I thought his transition into the NFL would go.  I love it.  I hope the Jags continue to suck for eternity.  

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

3 years. MAX.  

He will step down after a year for health issues

4 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

He will step down after a year for health issues

This time they'll be real health issues from his players beating his arse for treating them like college kids.    

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

None of that matters if you don’t have your QB.  I’m not saying Watson is the one.  But if they believe he is then they will do it.  But all of those players and possibilities you listed are nice.  But again, no franchise QB. Don’t matter.  

Watson is. I don't think people realize how good he is. Using a down Texans year to knock the player he is. Watson and Hopkins have been the only bright spots for that organization the last few years once Watt started to decline, and Watson without Hopkins last season threw for over 5,000 yards and like 70% completions. That's insane. That offense was Fing terrible. And it's not like they never made the playoffs with him. They won playoff games and played the Chiefs tough a couple years back on the road.

Dude is a legit star. Honestly, he'd be the best QB to ever put on an Eagles uniform. He's better than McNabb ever was, better than Wentz ever was. Watson is legit. And he's in his mid 20's.

Deals like this don't happen, like ever. The Eagles could capitalize on a once in a lifetime opportunity. Having the picks to acquire a player like this in the crazy chance he's available due to crazy circumstances.

Is it without risk? No. But what deal is? If there's ever a time to blow your wad on a player, it's a star QB who's still very young. That's what you hoard draft picks for. Situations like this.

Even with questions across the roster, with Watson the Eagles immediately are legitimate again at the very least, and if they can stop Fing up drafts, they will be one of the favorites in the NFC every year as long as he's here.

He fits the modern NFL too. Can use his legs, but is also an accurate passer.

I can't think of a more no brainer trade. And I don't see a better alternative if Hurts proves not to be the guy. Draft another QB in round 1? What if they suck? Most QBs are busts. On odds alone the QB the Eagles take won't be special. Trade up for one? Same problem. And as of right now, 2022 isn't looking to have any Lawrence, Luck, Burrow level QB prospects.

The Eagles have no stability, Watson would give them that at the most important position. We've been looking to fix it since McNabb left and got lucky we had a lightning in a bottle season in 2017. But since then, Kolb was awful, Vick one good stretch then sucked, Foles one good year and turned out to be average, Bradford sucked, Wentz one amazing year, a couple other nice years, but never reached 2017. We need to end this QB problem once and for all. Watson does that. Don't have to worry about it for 5-10 years.

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Why does everyone want Urban Myer to fail so bad?  

What do you mean?  I never said anything like that.  

31 minutes ago, hputenis said:

This article is EXACTLY how I thought his transition into the NFL would go.  I love it.  I hope the Jags continue to suck for eternity.  

Jk - He's another D-bag.  That's why.  Leaving Ohio State amid domestic violence scandals makes him a D-bag.  It's also the 2nd university in a row that he left in total disgrace AND he used "health issues" as the reason he left both programs.  It's an intriguing hire, and I am excited to follow it, but I think he's in for a rude awakening in the NFL.  

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Because he’s a dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh.   

Surprised that even needs to be said.  

He's done questionable things at the college level but I can think of PLENTY worse guys to hope to see fail.  I'm not a fan of his at all but just odd to see so many wanting him to fall on his face.  

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

Jk - He's another D-bag.  That's why.  Leaving Ohio State amid domestic violence scandals makes him a D-bag.  It's also the 2nd university in a row that he left in total disgrace AND he used "health issues" as the reason he left both programs.  It's an intriguing hire, and I am excited to follow it, but I think he's in for a rude awakening in the NFL.  

I wasn't calling you out at all...I was looking at the collective narrative.  

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Because he’s a dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh.   

Surprised that even needs to be said.  

You’re right. We agree on something. I’m an Ohio State fan and I hate him.

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I wasn't calling you out at all...I was looking at the collective narrative.  

Haha I know.  I tried to make sarcasm through internet.  It didn't work.  I clearly don't like the guy, and I'm definitely not rooting for him.  

9 minutes ago, hputenis said:

He went through this whole ordeal where they were in a meeting about this situation. They decide he gets to keep his job and then he leaves after the season. He could have just stepped down and saved the school a ton of bs for his mistakes.

Also, he should have been fired. It’s unreal he knowingly employed that guy and put him on a college campus. 

3 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

You’re right. We agree on something. I’m an Ohio State fan and I hate him.

Best Barfing GIFs | Gfycat

For the record, I'm a "fake" college football fan.  I cheer for Penn State, but I miss plenty of their games.  However, Charlotte is just loaded with Ohio St fans.  They're everywhere.  I don't know why, but they suffocate this city.  😂

Just now, hputenis said:

Best Barfing GIFs | Gfycat

For the record, I'm a "fake" college football fan.  I cheer for Penn State, but I miss plenty of their games.  However, Charlotte is just loaded with Ohio St fans.  They're everywhere.  I don't know why, but they suffocate this city.  😂

I’m kinda the same anymore. I normally work on Saturdays and miss most of the games. I lost a ton of interest with Urban Meyer being hired in the first place. I grew up and live in southeast Ohio. Most of the fans around here are unbearable. It’s just a bunch of arguing between WVU and OSU fans who both root for the Steelers. 

QB stats can be very misleading as they tend to reward the trailing team.  I think the guy is a good player, but there's a lot of garbage time packed into those numbers - and at a $40 mil cap hit, it begs the question of whether he'd fare much better here.  What good is it to obtain a star QB if you're eating into resources you need to build around him?  It's a team sport, and I've always maintained that, unless I'm getting a truly elite guy, I'd rather roll with a rookie contract at the position.  Watson might be elite, but he definitely hasn't proven it.  To me it's a worthwhile gamble given the (somewhat dire) situation we're in.

Urban Meyer has a laundry list of dbag behavior but his consistent cover up and BS excuse afterward of his WR coach Zach Smith might take the cake. 

Archived