EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I have a hilarious, somewhat demented, but hilarious video to share.    You know, to kind of make up for the Yoga thing.  

PM me

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I have a hilarious, somewhat demented, but hilarious video to share.    You know, to kind of make up for the Yoga thing.  

Make up for?  Keep ‘em comin dude!!  

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

EE207D80-B5D2-4312-82AC-54E00C1EDE93.jpeg

Is there a video out there of this incident? 

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Is there a video out there of this incident? 

Definitely drinking, needs to get help. 

As loud, obnoxious and annoying as Richard Sherman can be just normally on the field and in interviews, imagine how much worse that is when he's hammered.

19 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

As loud, obnoxious and annoying as Richard Sherman can be just normally on the field and in interviews, imagine how much worse that is when he's hammered.

His vocabulary apparently is limited to two words when hammered: come through 

5 hours ago, bpac55 said:

He's done questionable things at the college level but I can think of PLENTY worse guys to hope to see fail.  I'm not a fan of his at all but just odd to see so many wanting him to fall on his face.  

At this level, of an NFL head coach? Dan Campbell for me. Other than that he is neck and neck with Joe Judge. 

14 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

As great as Watson is as a player, & sure he’d elevate the team greatly, it’s probably best Eagles don’t go the Watson route no matter the outcome of his civil case. I personally would have a really difficult time supporting this team while he’s on it, I’d probably stop watching or watch considerably less Eagles games until he’d be off the team. 

So if he's proven innocent you would quit watching?

5 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

At this level, of an NFL head coach? Dan Campbell for me. Other than that he is neck and neck with Joe Judge. 

Campbell has 100% come off as an enormous d-bag.

50 minutes ago, Swoop said:

4.0 on full display

Meh, honestly? That's not that bad imo. Wouldn't mind seeing the video of him "fighting the police".

15 hours ago, austinfan said:

He's not a bum, he's just overrated.

The most important stat for a QB is team points, and it's not like he lacks talent, he had Cooks, Fuller & Cobb at WR, Akins & Fells at TE, a pro bowl LT, 1st rd pick at RT and (2) 2nd rd picks o his OL. That's about equivalent to what Indy fielded last season.Texans put up 384 points, Indy 451 points with the corpse of Rivers at QB.

Four years at QB, 17th, 11th, 14th & 18th in points scored.

33 td and 7 ints is over rated in your book? 

13 hours ago, bpac55 said:

He's done questionable things at the college level but I can think of PLENTY worse guys to hope to see fail.  I'm not a fan of his at all but just odd to see so many wanting him to fall on his face.  

Some Men Just Want to Watch the World Burn | Know Your Meme

If Lowie hadn't kept mortgaging the farm for the short term, the irony is they'd have the financial capital available but not necessarily the draft capital to go get Watson.  As has been said, with a roster in dire need of another years rebuilding, trading for a Franchise QB will only extend the pain. 

What Lowie wants, Lowie gets though

12 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Urban Meyer has a laundry list of dbag behavior but his consistent cover up and BS excuse afterward of his WR coach Zach Smith might take the cake. 

Besides that his Fing name is Urban Meyer. A punchable face offense just to begin with

Deshaun Watson is one of the few QBs who is good by both the eye test and advanced stats. Do I think he holds the ball too long? Sure, but you can say the same thing about Mahomes, Allen, Lamar, etc (every QB under 30). We'd gladly take Allen or Mahomes. 

Not wanting him for sexual misconduct is perfectly understandable, but he'd be coming here as a 26 year old QB with multiple Pro Bowls and playoff appearances on his resume.

You know there's going to be at least one or two quarterbacks that no one is talking about yet who just light up college football and rise to the top of the draft.

I'm a huge Sam Howell fan, however, he goes in to 2021 without Dyami Brown, Michael Carter, Dazz Newsome and Javonte Williams.  Everything is lining up for him to become a huge Heisman flop.  

A guy I'm really excited to keep improving is Ole Miss QB Matt Corral.  I love his game and think he fits the modern NFL quarterback mold.

However, the real name to keep an eye on is D.J. Uiagalelei in 2023.  This will be his first year starting with Trevor Lawrence now gone and when he had to play in 2020 he showed elite skills.  He has all the tools and size to become pre-diva Cam Newton.  Really excited to see what he does this year.  Hurts gets 2 years to show he is or isn't the guy.  If not, DJ is the cream of the crop in 2023.

D.

20 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

If Lowie hadn't kept mortgaging the farm for the short term, the irony is they'd have the financial capital available but not necessarily the draft capital to go get Watson.  As has been said, with a roster in dire need of another years rebuilding, trading for a Franchise QB will only extend the pain. 

What Lowie wants, Lowie gets though

This is my thinking as well. They need to turn these picks into an abundance of quality picks. Way to many immediate and very near future needs on this team. 

Just now, greendestiny27 said:

This is my thinking as well. They need to turn these picks into an abundance of quality picks. Way to many immediate and very near future needs on this team. 

Agree. Another year clearing down the roster will give them the flexibility they don't have now to go get that player.  Watson (or that type of player) is the cherry on the cake, when the cake is ready for it.

It allows them to see what they have in Hurts too.  But the media talking heads don't think like that.

23 minutes ago, RLC said:

Deshaun Watson is one of the few QBs who is good by both the eye test and advanced stats. Do I think he holds the ball too long? Sure, but you can say the same thing about Mahomes, Allen, Lamar, etc (every QB under 30). We'd gladly take Allen or Mahomes. 

Not wanting him for sexual misconduct is perfectly understandable, but he'd be coming here as a 26 year old QB with multiple Pro Bowls and playoff appearances on his resume.

Well, this part nobody can argue with    :lol:

2 hours ago, greend said:

So if he's proven innocent you would quit watching?

Actually his legal issues wouldn't even be the greatest of my concerns; the inevitable conclusion is financial settlements out of court, and life goes on.  I thought I'd heard that his case(s) weren't even due to hit court until February 2022?  Unless there's an out-of-court resolution I don't see how the NFL clears him to play at all this season. 

5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Actually his legal issues wouldn't even be the greatest of my concerns; the inevitable conclusion is financial settlements out of court, and life goes on.  I thought I'd heard that his case(s) weren't even due to hit court until February 2022?  Unless there's an out-of-court resolution I don't see how the NFL clears him to play at all this season. 

Likely, that's the whole reason for the suit

Archived